Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shrinkies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 10:21pm
commonpleasure, you will need to pre-tip the hair first. It would be difficult to thread loose hair through and then it would all slip out becauce human hair shrinks/swells when wet/dry. I usually buy pre-tipped hair but have also pre-tipped some myself. Lots of the ladies here pre-tip theirs using liquid gold & various other types of glue.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 10:31pm
Aeone: Thanks for the info. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm anxious to see what happens when I wash and blow-dry the synth.

commonpleasure: AMM posted extensive directions for pretipping a few weeks ago, so it should come up if you search. Good luck!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 10:38pm
commonpleasure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commonpleasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 10:41pm
should. i'm not exactly an amateur with the message board thing and i simply cannot find the thread.

link? please? i swear i'm not lazy, i just can't find it. and i'm really worried that i made a huge mistake here. of course, maybe when i look at the directions amm posted i'll feel stupid for even worrying about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commonpleasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 10:42pm
hahahaah look at that. ask and ye shall...as you post!

thanks so much!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 11:08pm
yes there is different grades of Kanekalon just as there are different grades of human. Most all beauty supply stores carry Yaki because its the cheapest, and I do mean cheapest. Ive found a few websites that carry the different grades of Kanekalon. My wigs are made of Kanekalon on a weft and I even have some websites for wig making supplies where you can buy the hair.

If I do decide to go with Kanekalon I might get it from here:

http://www.texasbeautysupply.com/kknewbodywave.html

You can click on the picture for a nice close up and you can see the silky look of it and it comes with a slight curl.

Best of all IMO, they take PayPal...lol

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 11:24pm
Thanks, Emma.

Have you ever used Thermofiber? Just curious.

:)
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 11:25pm
Ive been hearing wonderful things about Thermofiber but I cant find it anywhere and Ive doen exhaustive searches for it.

Someone on Ebay sells it but you never can be too sure about that.

Em
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2004 at 11:43pm
Aeone, yeah that Kanekalon hair I saw in the super long length was like clown hair. Really. It looked like Bozo wig stuff. It looked like thin strands of fishing line or something in different colors. I'm all like, no way!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 12:22am
OMG I cant believe I found it. Just stumbled across it accidentally.

The new fiber is called Hot Stuff Fusion, do a search on yahoo or google and youll get some links.

It can be curled with a HOT curling iron.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions.

Em

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commonpleasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 12:50am
okay. y'all have to stop introducing all these new options. really. my head hurts from the possibilities.

so is synth, or THIS synth, equivalent to human hair? i worry about quality after the disaster that was my last hair extension. not to mention the synth stuff is way cheaper. ouch. there goes my head again ;)

i'm also starting to worry about tipping this stuff myself. i failed cut & paste in nursery school, if you know what i mean. that said, i checked the prices for pre-tipped and whoa nelly. what a difference.

what a pain in the arse i am, huh? thanks.
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 1:06am
OK KANEKALON is a fiber it is not human hair, kanekalon was made so your hair would not catch on fire.. kanekalon does not burn at least its hard to get it to, it wont burst in to flames like some braiding hair. and u could never use a flat iron or any heat it would melt. OK second Yaki comes from a Yaki animal in africa thats y some people break out in rashes or thr head feels like its on fire or it just iches really bad. Ive been to a factory where hair is made human hair and well lets just say human hair is not human hair either. its cloned..hope this info helps...
Kris
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 5:07am
Here is a link to the new fiber hair:

http://www.ebonyline.com/newsusibusyb.html

As I said I have been wearing Kanekalon wigs for over 2 years and I blow dry them and use a curling brush and even a curling iron on it. Granted their all on the lowest setting (warm not hot) but Kanekalon does take some heat.

Fiber hair when its brand new has a ton of silicone on it that the factory put on thats why its so shiny and fake looking. After the first wash, however, that fake shine comes out and it looks and feels just like human hair. I use moose, gels, and even hair spray on mine and its fine.

There are different grades of Kanekalon just like there are different grades of human hair. You just have to know what your buying.

Em
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 7:09am
I go to sleep for a couple hours...and this. Oh, the possibilities....

Hot Stuff Fusion. Aha! Very good reviews on Black Media Forum, plus great photos: http://www.blackhairmedia.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8786&PN=3
Apparently this is part of the Janet Collection and seems only available in Yaki up to 18 inch. They have it at:
http://bellabeautysupply.net/
www.ebonyline.com/newsusibusyb.html and http://www.hairz.com

I'm confused by the BMF thread--sounds like Carrie used velvet hot rollers on it and it turned out great, but Nisey's didn't work well when blow-dried (or is Nisey referring to a different type of hair?).

I wonder if this is much different from other high-quality synth because Bridget, who uses ProStyles/ProHair, says you can use velvet hot rollers and a blow-dryer on them, too--she doesn't recommend an iron, though. And several people on Quinnster's have said that they do the same with monofibre and kanekalon. Mark Glenn in London also says you can use hot tools on their synth.

Oh, this is so confusing.... Information overload.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 12:44pm
re: Hot Stuff Fusion. Aha! Very good reviews on Black Media Forum, plus great photos: http://www.blackhairmedia.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8786&PN=3

That looks awesome! LOVE how it curls. 18" only? Darnit!!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 12:55pm
Yeah, 18 inches ain't gonna do it for me, either. Back to the drawing board....
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 2:58pm
It doesn't seem to come in very many colors, either.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 8:22pm
Those are awesome pics. That forum is locked, their not taking any new members, darnit, I had questions...lol

I wonder why you cant find synth in longer lengths, I mean its man made hair, seems to me they could make it in any length....back to the search...

Em
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 9:21pm
Well, you can get other synth brands in long lengths, but apparently not that one. I think Dome and Prostyles come up to 24 inches long, and Plastikhaar up to 48 inches. I think Trimco comes in 24 inch too, but only in straight. Do you think Thermofibre is better than the high-quality monofilament brands? I can't really find any definitive information on the differences.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 10:34pm
There must be another name for it. Ive tried searches with thermofiber hair, thermofiber extensions, thermofiber wigs and get zero results.

Your supposed to be able to use heat with it, its supposed to act just like human hair, but like you I cant find any real information on it.

Em
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic