Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dome/PH after One Month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:28pm
It looks beautiful! I like red&blond too, but blond&pink is much more of a softer, delicate look. That wave looks great on you, too!

So they sell looper brushes at Sally's? That's awesome- I'll have to try one!

-Rae
vivadiva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 2:15pm
how much did your girl charge? how many bonds do you have?
vivadiva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 2:14pm
its so hot, hot, hot----i want it.

did u wash it yet? synthetci hair can look manky after u wash it. how will u keep it smooth and pretty?

how come your hair was straight after your girl did it, if you ordered wavy hairs?
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 1:27pm
no synth products, but we will see how it goes.

here is the back
i love plastikhaar
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:21pm
hey mer - love love love the softened pink!

so - you are using human hair products on the synth too? any synth products?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:20pm
Thank you guys. I feel like three million bucks.

She only used the hair dryer so I didn't catch pnuemonia. She tried to scrunch it very minimally, but that's all.

I am partial to the pink, too.

i love plastikhaar
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:08am
Vote here for the soft pink too. IMO I like it much better than the red (but I am a pink person anyway ).. Just BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!
vivadiva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 11:07am
the hair looks so smooth, pretty and straight aft er. did your girl use a hairdyer or steam to smooth it?
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:49am
Mer, I love the soft pink!
It is what it is...
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 10:42am
You know, it looks really great straight, too. I wouldn't even bother with waving, I think the straight looks fantastic. But again, love the colors!! That pale pink is great with the blonde.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 9:56am
Ok, Thank you All.

Here's the deal.
The top pic is the original install with Kris Topher in NYC:

The red above sent sent was straight and was supposed to be wave so it never quite looked right from day one.

b4 I went to Jenna, it pretty much looked like this. Note my nephew, Thayer heehee. (I was in NJ for the week helping my sister move there from CT ie why I was close to PA to see Jenna)

The next pictures are on my way home from Jenna's at Dareyourhair.com in PA

Jenna also did my roots. She ONLY removed the red which was equal to one pack of PH and replaced it with pink AND blonde. For every streak or pinchbraid or red she removed, she replaced it with a pinchbraid of half pink and half blonde. (softer look) The pink was wavy instead of the red straight sara sent me by accident. (sara fixed the mistake with NO PROBLEM btw.excellent cust serv) She didn't touch any of my other pinchbraids other than to remove a few i felt i couldn't camoflage too well.

After Jenna did my hair, for the FIRST TIME, all of my wave was completely gone. I was SCARED, but thought I would buy rollers if I had too. (note the above pics are STRAIGHT hair.)

Jenna used Rusk MOIST, Goldwell Conditioner, SeaPlasma and biosilk, and after feeling my hair, i left with all those products. she even used a non boar bristle brush, but with little teeny balls on the end. she had me use it too and i had no trouble. my hair was the softest it has EVER been.

That night, I put my hair in a braid. The next morning I woke with this.

I went to Sallys and bought Biosilk generic 5.99, to test it, Flasher to test it (1.49 trial), a super looper brush 6.99, and a paddle brush like she used on me.

The super looper brush is amazing thus far.

I did not make it look good. Jenna did.

Sherrie- bigger pics as you requested!
Sorry about the toilet, it was the only room in my sisters house with good light hahaha and i wanted to take a pic for you guys the day after LOL

The reason it looks more realistic i think is bc about the less amount of colored hair AND the WAVINESS.

I couldn't write all this last night bc we got in from NJ at 2 AM and it was not only a long drive but we ahd been moving and unpacking all week and I was juyst beat, but addicted enough to have to write at least LOL

edit: damn photos
i love plastikhaar
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 8:02am
Wow- it looks fab!!. I do prefer the pink....very sweet. The hair looks alot more realistic now than it did in the b4 pics!

luv it!

xx
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 7:13am
it looks great! I love the pink!!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 5:44am
Hey Mer, your hair looks GREAT...love the pink! Bigger pictures please dear!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:40am
Mer,

It's beautiful! I just love the pink.

But I'm confused. The top pic is the original install from Kris when you first had it done, right? And I assume the bottom pic is of the new install you just had done, right? So, is the middle pic of the old hair or the new hair? Am I correct in assuming you washed the new hair once, it lost the wave, then you slept with it in a braid? Did you reuse any of the hair from the original install, or is it all new now? Did you use all PH this time, or some Dome too?

I'm just trying to figure out if you were able to "rehbilitate" the old hair via steaming or blow-drying or some other method or you just switched it all out and started fresh. In other words, before you went to Jenna, was it still bunchy, or had you managed to make it look new again on your own?

Again, the hair is gorgeous!!!

:)
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 4:05am
Mer~ You're hair looks lovely!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2005 at 12:36am
After One Month 7 washes 4 blowdries.

Ok, saw Jenna at dareyourhair.com
b4 pic

Used, moist rusk shampoo, golwell conditioner, seaplasma and biosilk. hair is lovely now. wave came out
but was back after a night in a braid.

(had red removed and pink installed (and blonde)

one month out from original install.

i love plastikhaar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic