Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fina Fina is BAAACK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fina Fina is BAAACK!!!
    Posted: March 01 2005 at 4:06pm
LADIES!!!

oH M'GAWD do I HAVE pictures and stories to tell!!

Just got back from Atlanta, unfortunately my kid was sick (strep again) so I had to go get her from school right from the airport and I've not been able to download my pics. . .they are coming tonight!!!

How's that for a tease?? I'll post in about 2 hours. . .missed y'all!!

Fina Fina

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 4:08pm
Were all eager and waiting!

Hope your daughter gets feeling better!
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:03pm
Fina ! i thought about you all weekend - you came to my southeast just in time for the crappy weather!

can't wait......i'm detecting a certain level of satisfaction here!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:03pm
OK. The process took 7 hours for her to install the hair. She put in about 4 bags of Plastikhaar. (Birke, Blonde, Platinum Blonde, and WinterBlond). So far it has not relaxed AT ALL and I've washed it twice. . .I put in a few strands of Wa Wa 613 but have been finding that it does *not* curl. I think I need to try the bigger barrel. Thanks Jenny for your experiments on curling.

I had to put shrinkies in around the front & crown to get it to get it to blend and I'm still working on that.

My befores are AWFUL (so bad I had to hide my face -- it was just TOO ugly) but I really want y'all to see the miracle of this:

Before - Back

After - Back (after being cut also)

Before - Front ( I am smiling because I'm about to get my hair!!!)

After - Front - Pre-cut or style or anything: (I left it like this for about 10 minutes...)

After - after styling, shrinkies, and washing:

This is *completely* wash and wear hair. I do NOTHING to it, just work with my own hair to get it to blend.

The stylist gave me a bottle of Pro-Hair spray. Apparently Pro Hair and Dome are the same, but the two founders parted ways. She used a macrame stitch and heat sealed it with a small amount of glue on the synthetic hair.

I'll write more later -- just wanted to get these out there!

A synth convert -- at least for now --

Fina
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:07pm
You look gorgeous! I can't wait to hear more!

So, you had the Dome method? (did it take 1 or 2 people to apply the hair?)

Save a Stray and I are signed up to take the Prostyles class in April, and seeing your beautiful hair makes me even more excited to take the class!

What texture is that hair?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:08pm
Oh. My. GOD! Gorgeous! It looks more like you than you do! Thrilled, are ya?!
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:20pm
OMG BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:21pm
Oh my gawd, you look so HOT!!! I absolutely LOVE it--amazing. I'm so glad you're back, Fina!

So that's the 28mm? And you've washed it twice and it hasn't dropped at all? This is so cool....

Did you wash it in cold water? If that's the 28mm, it's got much more staying power than the 50mm--which is good news for all you curly-haired girls out there.

When you get a chance, Fina, tell us everything, okay? I need to know what you're doing (or not doing) to keep it looking fabulous...products, heat, washing, brushing, the whole nine yards!

Horray for PlastikHaar!
:)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:30pm
Fina that is absolutely drop dead freakin' GORGEOUS hair! I LOVE IT!

Im curious about the 28 mm wave too, cause thats what I bought. Ive just been concerned about the curl dropping out. I want wash and wear hair! I dont want to have to curl it everyday!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:32pm
More details:

Yes it took two people. There is *no way* that Dome/Pro Hair can be done with only one person. Since my hair is so fine, some of the little tiny braiding points in the front can show pretty easily. But I really don't care -- I think they look kinda cool. . .It is AWESOME that you gals are taking the class. I highly recommend this method

The lady who did it left virtually *none* of my hair "sticking through" in the back. In other words my hair is completely in those braids. She said that would protect my hair which as you can see is QUITE damaged from the years of Great Lengths. She said that as time goes on and my hair gets healthier she would be able to leave more space/hair in between the rows.

Regarding washing - the reason I got that 28mm is that I wanted it wavy AND I didn't want to have to treat it with kid gloves. I LOVE MY HOT SHOWERS and I've washed it in just normal shower-temperature water. After washing I condition my scalp area/my hair with regular conditioner, and I spray a fabric softener/water mix on to the synth hair. Then I rinse the whole thing.

Pro Hair makes a "conditioning spray" that is supposedly also OK for real har, and I spray with that post-shower (I'm accustomed to some kind of post-shower treatment as we all are having worn human hair.)

I kind of comb the little bit of my hair that's visible, dry it, and let my scalp/synth hair dry naturally for a while. Then I dry my scalp with the dryer.

The synth hair dries quite quickly, and I kind of finger toss it, and brush it when it's dry. It is *VERY* responsive to brushing and just kind of twirling it around your hand or whatever. . . I didn't want it to be this curly forever but it sure is easy!!

Does this answer questions for now?? Bring 'em on!

-Fina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 5:57pm
oh good grief woman -

thing of beauty. what else is there to say?

so did your stylist give directions for smoothing the ends with a hairdryer? are you gonna sleep with it up in a bun or in a braid? when are you supposed to "redo" - 2-3 months? are you gonna go back to atlanta?

beautiful!

p.s. don't think i didn't notice the y'all - wears off on you doesn't it?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:03pm
We seriously need a new icon for "sex on a stick"!

That's a good question: Are you sleeping with it in a braid or a bun?

Also, with the heat seals, do you have any idea how many were installed, or how many rows, etc., you have?

I cannot say enough about this haar--so awesome!!!

P.S.--Your before pic is exactly like how my hair looked when my fusion was removed, only mine looked quite a bit worse. :)

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:11pm
Fina, Fina, your hair looks awesome! Holy smokes you're HOT!!! I'm curious to see how it was applied, do you have any pictures of it parted 1/2 way so the braids show? Also, do you mind me asking how much it all cost?

Well done hun!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:39pm
Fina Fina,

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR HAIR

That did it! I just ordered the PlastikHaar color ring with Priority (how many days will it take BTW?). I love the waves, I love how it looks on you and to me your picture does not look like you are wearing non-human hair; it just looks like really healthy shiny hair.

Jenny, what wave did you get?
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:41pm
YOU'RE ONE HOT MAMA FINA!!

Love the colors on you so much!! It was worth the wait girl!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:42pm
Mine's the 50mm, which is looser, so you'll definitely want the 28mm. In fact, there are several curl patterns beyond those two, but I think you have to special order them.

I think PH priority is five days, but don't quote me on that....

:)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:45pm
I was under the assumption, the Prostyles method uses the 3 strand braid, while Dome or Prohair uses a 4 strand braid (and therefore takes 2 people to apply it).

When I signed up for the Prostyles class, I asked them several times if their method required 2 people, and they said "no". I hope they were telling me the truth, because I don't have nor do I want to get an assistant!

I think Bridget 'Boogiemama' does Prostyles. If you're out there (or anyone else that knows for sure) can you please comment?
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:49pm
I just noticed that the weft did not have a curl option. I just emaled Sara to see if this is possible since I only wear clip-ons.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:52pm
i think you're right, metalgirl..
i remember when boogiemama was doing her own hair she commented on the 3 parts to the braid...and i think she did it all on her own, no assistant.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 6:54pm
metalgirl, thats my understanding too, Prostyles is a 3 way braid and Dome is a four way braid. But Fina said that hers was done with a 'macrame' stitch and used a small amount of glue, so maybe Fina's stylist has modified the method with some of her own techniques.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic