Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synthetic Hair Damaging?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gmuney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmuney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synthetic Hair Damaging?
    Posted: March 02 2005 at 1:37pm
I read something on the internet that says synthetic hair extensiojs damages your own hair after awhile since the plastic rubbs up against your own hair. the person saying this was selling human hair so that could be why but does anybody now if this is true? i love the way it looks but i dont want to lose my hair.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 3:24pm
O.k. I want you to bear with me.... Everything damages your hair. Life will kill you. Seriously. In my opinion, the damage caused by synthetic hair rubbing against human would be about equal to brushing daily.......for some people (with enough bleach) this can be too much damage.
My hair has been bleached to high heaven, but if someone told me I got to go to the beach with Jude Law, I'd whip out my credit card and get some Great Lengths glued in my hair right quick(apologies to GL people, all adhesives are glues).
If keeping your hair in pristine condition is your number one concern, don't even use a ponytail holder, don't blowdry, and don't even think of brushing until it's dry.
I'll get off my high horse now and say that there's no use using really crappy synthetic unless you're making dreadlocks. Christina
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:22pm
Synthetic extensions are no more damaging than human hair extensions.Most damage comes from using a method not suitable for a certain hair type, a bad installation or poor removal, not from the type of hair used. Take what you hear with a grain of salt. Ive learned that in the hair extension world, that you always have to consider the source and what they are trying to sell to you! They ALL claim they are the BEST and SAFEST!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 5:39pm
I heard this once, too, but never again--from people who have used both synth and human. People who sell human are always dissing synth, and while it could be true, I doubt it. I think it's usually the method that dictates the level of damage. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic