Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ordering perma tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 6:09am
Oh my god 3 times LOL. I'd better mail tomorrow's client LOL, thanks ever so much for all your help x
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 6:36am
No problem Chick xx!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 7:41am
Amanda~You can just run a flat iron through the hair real quick before application and your install will be easier. That was a tip I got from my teacher.

GOOD LUCK!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 8:55am
Thanks Save a Stray. I already do that anyway, its easier for the finished look I find xxx
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 9:31am
Could someone please provide the link to the perma tips....I'm confused where to find them and could you also answer if they can be used with shrinkies and the quality of the hair - Is it exactly the same hair as used by MB?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 10:04am
Joginny~Perma tips are a MB product only (this is the product that is used to tip the ends of the hair only) You can only get these tips made for the hair by MB himself, by taking the MB course then they supply to you.

Extensions Plus does not not sell Perma tips. They only sell the hair to MB then he perma tips with a machine that he has on site. Then he supplies the finished product to us.

I'm sorry but you won't find perma tipped hair anywhere else but MB.

The quality of EP's hair is very good. They sell European, Italian and Indian hair.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 10:53am
Amanda,

I would wash the client's hair right before the application. If they wash the night before, their hair has time to become oily again, and if there's any oil on the hair, the shrink links won't hold that well. I wash 3 times with dish soap, leaving it on for 5 minutes each time before I rinse. I was instructed to do this my MB himself. I don't think professional clarifying products are strong enough. You really want the hair totally stripped of oil, so it's 'squeaky clean'. And no conditioner!

MB has a training DVD in the works that stylists can buy in lieu of going to a class. That way stylists worldwide can use their system.

Joginny, here's picture of a perma tip. I posted this before and it scans in huge, so sorry for the giant pic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 12:18pm
Thanks a lot Metalgirl. I will ask my clients to do this. That's very helpful. Do you know when MB will have the DVD's available and what they will entail x
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:35pm
Thanks for the info metalgirl. I did write to MB and beg to have a class on this side of the states (with in 7hours would be nice) If not Ill just have to start saving. And untill then I am going to try tipping the stick hair with nail glue I dont know if it will work but Ill give it a try!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 7:36pm
MB is doing a video....? I wish I had known that. Well, I'm sure it will be at a fraction of the price of the hands on course. I have noticed quite a few companies offering a video instead of the courses. That way you will save a lot of money......I might have went that route if I had known about the video. I can't imagine the video being more than a couple hundred. I think that's a much better idea as they can have more people using the system and he will only benefit himself with more sales.

Metalgirl, I mentioned to our teacher about using dish soap 3 times first and he said that I should use a clarifying shampoo 3 times. I wonder why they don't tell us all the same thing.
He did say it was better to wash right before the application though. I will go with dish soap then, if you got that from MB himself. Do your client's not say anything about using dish soap on their hair?

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 12:00pm
Unless I know the client well, I don't tell them it's dish soap. If they object, then I'll tell them that my goal is to do the job properly so the hair will stay in well, and this is part of the process. Even the ones who know it's dish soap don't care too much if they know it will make thier extensions last longer.

MB said some clarifying shampoos are not strong enough, so if you want to be real sure you removed all oils, dish soap will do the trick. It's especially important when the client comes back and you remove the extension residue with MB's remover (which is oily), I think dish soap is the only thing that will effectively get all the oils off the hair.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 12:10pm
Metalgirl,

Just to clarify, I know you've been using the MB system for a long time. Have you been able to achieve any similar results with the Doc shrinkies, or are they just too thick in your opinion? Have you attempted to remove Doc's shrinkies and, if so, how do they compare with the MB in terms of removal ease?

Thanks! :)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 10:01pm
Hi Jenny,

I haven't even tried to do a whole head with Doc's shrinkies because I can't find a tool that will adequately shrink them down to the right size. I even tried to use my ceramic flat iron that heats up to about 400 degrees, and that didn't even do the trick.
Like all of you guys, I'm always on the lookout for better, less expensive products, but because Doc's links don't shrink consistantly I can't take a chance and install them on a paying client and have them not stay in the hair well because they don't shrink properly.

On the other hand, I have done at least 100 + extension jobs with the MB shrink links, and have never had a problem.

That is why I feel that Doc's shrinkies are inferior, because they give inconsistant results. If they worked well then I would use them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic