Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

improving damaged hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Lisa lisa I was not offended by anything you said. I was just commenting based on something you said
Quote Everybody I know personally is sorry they got extensions, whether it be weft, or Hairlocs, or GL's, etc.................

All I was doing is replying back with my opinion. As I am sure there are many other ladies on this board who dont regret hair extensions.

Me being one of them.
On the contrary. I'm thrilled to death that there even is such a thing. And I'm not even that upset about the damaging aspects of some of them...it's like, live and learn. Same thing with stylists: some are good, some are bad. The only thing I don't like about extensions is the human hair market and the lack of reliably good hair. But extensions themselves and wearing them? They rock. No regrets.
lisa lisa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 5:09pm
LADY!!!! YOU HAVE GOT A BIG PROBLEM. YOU DON'T KNOW ME FROM ADAM AND HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THIS. YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT JUST LIKES TO START CRAP AND GET PEOPLE PISSED OFF AT EACH OTHER. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY I HAVE BEEN WHINNING ABOUT MY HAIR. I HAD CONCERNS AND WAS ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS. AND........... I HAD JUST SPENT 2,000.00 ON MY F$%#^@$% HAIR (HAIRLOCS) AND REALLY DIDNT WANT TO TAKE THEM OUT RIGHT AWAY. YOU WERE THE ONE THAT SAID THAT I WAS MAD AT THE WOMEN ON THIS SITE AND THAT I SAID JENN AND SHERRY WERE WRONG FOR WHAT THEY SAID. I SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT AND HOPEFULLY EVERYBODY THAT READS THE ORIG POST I WROTE WILL SEE THAT. WOW! YOUR SOMETHING ELSE..................
LISA LISA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LISA LISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 5:16pm
IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW! MY LAST POST WAS FOR LONGERTHANLONG.............
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 5:29pm
PLEASE....ladies! Lets not turn this into something ugly....thats not what this board is about. Lets be able to discuss our differences of opinion without the drama. I think this was just a lot of misunderstanding. Come on....It takes everyones opinions (whether the same or different) to find the best answers to the same thing we all are striving for...BEAUTIFUL HAIR!
LISA LISA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LISA LISA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:04pm
Sorry to sound so brash, but when somebody starts telling you to grow up, and that all you do is whine, well........................ you tend to get a little upset. There was absolutely no reason for longerthanlong to talk to me like that. I too have also tried to help people on this website and given suggestions. It just so happens that I don't have all the experience that some of the other girls do. I'm thinkin I need to just stop coming onto this site. If I can't even express how I feel, without being talked to like that, then I want no part of this site. Thank you Sherry for understanding and not taking offence to my post. I really appreciate all the help you girls have given me, and I hope to God that nobody else see's me as the whinny person that longerthanlong seems to think I am. I for one know how beautiful I felt with hair extensions, and I only wish they would have worked for me. I did have alot of people telling me that Hairloc's were damaging to the hair, HOWEVER, I had just spent $2,000.00 on them and was going to try to make them work in any way that I could. I don't have tons of money to throw away. The only reason I told Joginny to remove the extensions and give her hair a break was because SHE said that they ruined her hair. I can't believe my response turned into such an issue. And I do have several friends that have had different types of extensions in and once they were removed, there was quite a bit of damage, and they too are sad that they can't wear them. You know what?!?!? Whatever works for you!!!!What a day!!!!!!!!!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:17pm
I am sorry lisalisa for what happened today. I do hope that you will stick around. Youve been here awhile and know that today is not the norm. I understand why you got offended by some posts and felt the need to defend your position. It does help to have ALL different opinions to help people find the best and safest solutions to their hair situations. Yes sometimes we will differ in our opinions, and I hate it that occassionally it gets heated (like today.)
Lisa Lisa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:42pm
Thanks Sherry, I think I'm still stunned by that last post by longerthanlong. Man, she sounds really hateful. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your hair. It looks beautiful!!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:42pm
I thought a little humor might be good right now! I thought this was freakin hilarious! No offense intended to anyone...just thought this was funny!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:45pm
What the****? This has gotten way out of hand.

Lisa, I hope you know that I was not doubting your bad experiences with GLs and Hairlocs--after all, I had bad experiences with them, too! I was just saying that, based on the photos, the damage didn't look too bad. I'm sure if I could see the scalp, the damage would be clearer. Anyway, I explained all of this to you on another thread. But the point is, I don't think anyone here was questioning your motives at all. Why would we? Especially since there have been photo after photo, and post after post, detailing damage from these sorts of methods.

And I don't think Sherrie was denying your experience or being defensive at all either. She was just pointing out that all methods aren't created equal, nor are all clients. As I pointed out in the other thread, there are some methods that I believe are quite gentle, but ideally the best thing for hair is no tension--as well as no hot tools, no bleach, etc. But for me, for example, the damage post-extensions was so horrible that there was no way I could walk around like that. Really. I would've had to have worn a wig or find another method of extensions. I chose the latter, as the original poster, JoginNY, has also chosen.

LongerThenLong: I think you've misinterpreted Lisa's post. I don't think she's angry with the members of the board. We've all been chatting here for a long time and are quite friendly. I do think Lisa is a bit angry, but I can relate to that 100% after having spend thousands of dollars on systems that ruined my hair, too.

:)

Edited to say: I love the kitties, Sher!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:51pm
Holy macaroni noodles....

Luv the kitties too!
It is what it is...
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 6:56pm
staying with the tradition of the board I thought a humorous pic. was in order!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 7:09pm
Now see what you made me do. I had to bust Oolong out on you.

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 7:20pm
Oh Amm! too funny!
It is what it is...
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 9:00pm
Like sands through the hour glass...so are the threads on this board! I'm all amped up wantin to fight after readin this drama!
Sherrie...damnit I needed those meds. That sneaky kitty!
But this I think sums it up:
Originally posted by Scotchyroo Scotchyroo wrote:

So, you know,, don't go changin.....to try and please the hair extensions message board....we like you just the way you are.

Gna
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 10:21pm
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 11:15pm
That's so obviously fake.

A penguin would never carry a purse like that.
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 11:39pm
It is hard to convey conversation nuances in text. Someone can write something completely innocent and a reader can mistake it for something else entirely. I, like Sherrie, just wanted to put in my positive 2 cents for extensions. I don't feel defensive about it in the least.
Yes, I probably did take a wrong turn up there...sorry about that. As far as making your existing hair better...it's dead stuff. You can coat it with products to make it feel and behave a little better, but that's about it. Your new hair growth will be a direct reflection of your health, so the advice about nutrition is sound.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 1:34am
I think longerthanlong is just trying to be incendiary.

Anyway. Back to on-topic!

Pre-natal vitamins! Even if you're not preggers. I've heard so mnay women say how they took pre-natal vitamin blends when they were pregnant, and their hair and nails got nice and grew faster. I think it's just a really complete vitamin blend.

Good luck with the hair growth!

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic