Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions wanted on skirts for men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Sabrinacap View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabrinacap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 8:46pm
Hi I enjoyed reading about other peoples opinions on Men wearing Skirts.

I understand why men get excited watching a woman in skirts.

I think it is very sexy seeing a man in a skirt. I like to see short skirts as that shows off legs even more.

I would love to see mor emn wearing skirts.

banjocurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banjocurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 10:44pm
there is a yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HikingSkirts/
about non bifurcated garments for men and women. macabi makes a hiking skirt for either sex. also, in the contra dance world men have been wearing twirly skirts for years. they have lots of advantages I can see. still looks weird tho :)
banjolady.susan@verizon.net
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 2:41pm
Love it! I do drag and I dont care for very short skirts, prefer knee length or longer skirts whether on me when I'm in drag or as a man, on a another man or a woman. Even a woman doesn't look good in a skirt that may as well be a belt!

I think most men wouldent mind wearing kilts, actually. Love your idea!
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 6:14pm
I'm Brent's lady, and I can tell you that (like most men), he simply finds it too "femmy" to ever wear a dress. Even if society accepted it more he probably wouldn't wear a dress.

Myself, it doesn't do that much for me.
I do know that several of my girlfriends would love it if guys wore dresses. It seems to me that many women would like to get their men to try wearing a dress but that the men resist that notion.
Damier500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damier500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 6:54pm
i love it!
i am a merchandising student (soon to be) and i love that idea... id love to help you with that...
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 1:51pm
I find nothing sexy about any man in a skirt.
Do I think they will go over here in the United States----NO
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Fashion Bug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashion Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 12:59pm
Brent, Kerry thanks for the feedback!

Brent, I appreciate your honesty :). I don't think most of the male population is ready for skirts just yet, LOL, but I enjoy trying to develop something that is more on the cutting edge (pun intended). Could I ask in your case - is this because of pre-conceived notions/societal norms that skirts are just for women, or is it because you just don't think they would be comfortable or your taste - I accept not all women even like skirts!

Kerry, thanks for your encouragement and good luck with your own goals.

Stacy
Freedom through Fashion
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 12:25pm
it sounds a good idea something different. i wasnt to be a fashion designer and model am worken on da modelling bit at the moment because am only at secondery school at the mo so i cant go 2 any fashion colleges or nufin i want 2 model my own clothes. GoOd LuCk On YoUr IdEa
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 6:43pm
I've heard women mention that before, that they found dresses or skirts on men to be sexy.
Well all I can say is,... you won't get me wearing a dress or a skirt!!!
Fashion Bug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fashion Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2004 at 7:35pm
I only recently discovered this board after a college friend recommended it to me. It is really awesome and so many cool people here. I love reading all the articles and messages.

I am a fashion design student and I want to get some opinions from everyone here. I find men wearing skirts a really sexy look on guys. Not in a cross-dressing sort of way (like dressing the guy up as a woman) but just as an alternative form of clothing.

A couple of totally hetero guys have been willing to go out with me to restaurants, clubs on dates etc in different skirts that I have picked out for them. They have ranged from sarongs to very short skirts.

As part of a project for this year, I am thinking of designing a range of skirts for guys. Skirts that girls will really find appealing on their men, and skirts that guys will be willing to consider wearing.

So, I am looking first for some opinions in general on the whole idea of skirts for men. What do you think? Do you find it sexy or not? What sorts of skirts do you think would look best? And what do you think a guy should wear that would go well with his skirt? I found it difficult in the past to match a typical guys footwear with a decent looking skirt, the same with shirts.

Thanks

Stacy
Freedom through Fashion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic