Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radical hair changes in the movies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JenniferM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 5:45pm
I have the video, F. Scott Fitgerald's "Bernice Bobs Her Hair". Shelley Duvall goes from very long to 1920's short. Has a very interesting twist at the end.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2003 at 7:03pm
I saw that movie the ending is very good. Whe she bobs her hair they show some of the hair cut, her hair was very long, a bunch of her guy friends and one girl friend went to watch her cut her hair at a barber shop. I don't want to ruin it for people who may like to watch it so I to won't saw what happens in the end.
xqnew View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xqnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 11:20am
Hi
IIRC Phoebe Cates cut her own hair (long to short,
on screen) on "Drop Dead ...".

On "Water Rats" (Australian TV Series), one of the
policewomen got a cancer and lost all her hair.
because of chemotherapy.
The beautiful actress shaved all her hair for the role.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 12:54pm
I read the original of "Bernice Bobs her
Hair" way back when I was 15. And I too
won't reveal the ending, it's a bit macabre.

Phoebe Cates looks good with long hair.

In "The Scarlet Pimpernel", attractive
actress Elizabeth McGovern's character,
Lady Blakeney, narrowly escapes going to
the guillotine. Her hair is cut before she
goes (long hair was cut, rather than just
put up, so it wouldn't slow down the blade
or what have you), in a bob that looks all
too professional (when Queen Marie
Antoinette went, her hair was coarsely
hacked off).

Jane Seymour is one of those people who
should just avoid cutting their hair. I'm
glad it was a cap, but the thought of her
bald...yikes.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2003 at 4:54pm
In The Sex Pistol's "The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle" Cat Woman goes from fairly average looking girl to buzzed across the top with "cat ears" on the sides.

Jean Tripplehorn gets chopped in Waterworld.

There's a movie called FM where a woman goes to her stylist to get a trim and her hairdresser, mid-cut, discovers she's having an affair with his lover. He does a drastic chop to her hair.

I'm sure there's more.
Peace to all
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2003 at 8:15am
FM the was another movie just like that Wendy Tuesday I think that's her name blond hair same set up.Anyone know the film?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2003 at 8:23am
Thank IMDb Tuesday Weld is the actress that get the hair cut the movie was Serial.I have to play that six degree game to get it.So mine other post was wrong.Also Waiting to Exhale I think there was major change in that moive also.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
matt damon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt damon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2003 at 2:06pm
i cut a girls hair in bourne identity also alyssa milano did a chop in poison ivy
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2003 at 4:53pm
This girl's name is Franka Potente. Not a great makeover, though. So she shaved her head after finishing that movie.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2003 at 3:18pm
Good catch on "Serial" rather than "FM."
It was a Martin Mull movie, I was confused.
IMDB is a blessing, isn't it?

Holly Hunter gets a slightly different 'do at the end of "Broadcast News." Nothing major, so it doesn't qualify.
Peace to all
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2003 at 5:22pm
Do you remember "Up Close and Personal" with Michelle Pfeiffer from 1996? Her makeover is not so drastic but remarkable as a part of the story. She cuts her long blonde hair and becomes brunette with bouffant/helmet do.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 4:53pm
Michelle also got a makeover in "Married To The Mob."
Not drastic, but shorter and curlier.
Peace to all
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 8:21pm
Has anyone mentioned the drunk girl at the house party in Sixteen Candles (with Molly Ringwald). The victim is a popular blonde who gets her hair stuck in the door. I can't remember if she cut it herself or someone else did it. The end result was a wig, but the cut was drastic and effective.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 9:17pm
Good one gord. The girls name was Havilland Morris. She got it stuck in the door, and it was cut free by another girl with a very large pair of shears that made a huge crunching noise. She most recently was on One Life to Live in a bit part as a hospital nurse administrator named Claire. She had a very red chin bob. I think she's already left the show. She was also in Home Alone 3 a few years back. The hair scene was very memorable in that movie, but does anyone else remember the shower scene with her as well? Yowsa!!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2003 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Has anyone mentioned the drunk girl at the house party in Sixteen Candles (with Molly Ringwald). The victim is a popular blonde who gets her hair stuck in the door. I can't remember if she cut it herself or someone else did it. The end result was a wig, but the cut was drastic and effective.

i LOVE that movie! but hello? why didn't they just open the door?
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

Her boyfriend, whose name I cannot recall (he looked like a Cory, Taylor, Carson, Zach, et al), locked the door and wouldn't let her in or her hair out.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2003 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Ononotdon Ononotdon wrote:

Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

Her boyfriend, whose name I cannot recall (he looked like a Cory, Taylor, Carson, Zach, et al), locked the door and wouldn't let her in or her hair out.

his name was ''jake'' if i remember correctly. i would at least try to tell him my hair is stuck in the door. she didn't. she told her friends she was stuck. the problem with me and some movies is i think to logically some parts of movies your not suppose to notice
bmx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:11am
Christine Taylor (Ben Stiller's Wife) hairstyle on "Friends":

http://members.tripod.com/~llwyd/willing/friends.htm

There is a hairstyle continuity problem on "Wizard of Oz"
(see general discussion).

Is there any other hairstyle continuity problems in Movie / TV Series?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic