Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone get breakage from extentubes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:30pm
So then you would defeat your purpose of trying to prevent slippage if you installed them on wet hair, since the hair swells when wet....right?
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:39pm

Jenn...I think that's a very logical way to look at it. I think it has something to do with the cuticle layers lifting/swelling. I don't have the Milady textbook anymore...so I can't get too "exact"

Sherrie... ? I don't think it's going to create some "super" bond from doing it on wet hair. I don't think the result would give any different result than installing on dry hair and shampooing after. Ultimately...if you're gonna get slippage, it's gonna happen regardless. Like I mentioned earlier...hair is more prone to breakage when wet(because of stretching) and I think it would make blending a challenge.(Ever had a cut that looks great wet and like sh*t dry?) Hair is two different beasts wet to dry!

I'm gonna have to vote dry with hairspray! Althogh I do love these experements! And can't wait to hear actual results!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:04am
mmmm I'm glad I came back to check out what you guys said cos I'm hopefully doing my install today and tomorrow.  I thought that because extentubes tended to slip when your hair was wet that human hair shrank when it was wet but I've obviously got it back to front somewhere along the line.  I'm going to install extentubes with dry hair then and hairspray, I'll post picture as soon as I've done it, can't wait xxxx
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:43am
iv not had breakage but as jenny said sometimes its v difficult to take them out and i also have only used them on the toprather than a fullhead and i only had them in a few weeks.if youra bit impatient you can have trouble. i ended up just cutting one out. but having said that i think they are better than fusions cos there isnt any glue and they arnt heavy at all so they dont pull on the scalp
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:03am

I guess I wont give up on them yet! I am going to try the hair spray on one of my clients that slips alot and see how it goesThey do like the removal better than any other method me too !

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:55am
Well I'm just washing my hair with dish soap and am starting my install now yikes xxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic