Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Extensions are in!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 11:21pm

Absolutly Mocha!

You gotta cut IN to the hair. You can "slide" cut the ends with those thinning shears, like how you would slide your razor, just don't close the shear completely. Yeah I learned it the hard way, too!

Thanks for the "crafty" compliment Bridget! I think it's more lazy resourcefullness!

I agree with everyone else...the color is stellar!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Bridget Bridget wrote:

My ends will prob. still look like little paint brushes though!  I almost need to fry them out (how bad does that sound!). 

I think I have about 120-140 tips in. 

Yeah, you definitely don't want to "fry" the ends--it won't thin out like human; it'll just be a frizzy mess. Like I said, you need a lot more hair, more rows, going higher up, and possibly smaller tips with absolutely no spaces between the extensions or the rows. And all the cutting techniques everyone cited are key, too.

Just for curiosity, how big are your sections? If the sections are too big, that can get you into trouble, too. Boogiemama has some photos on her site that may be helpful in this regard.

I feel your pain, girl--I've been through similar experiences many times, believe me. You'll figure it out, though, so don't give up!

:)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 8:02pm

Image hosted by Photobucket.com" border="0" />Thank you guys so much for helping me with my hair emergencies!  I fixed the demarcation line by adding more hair! I bonded two wefts in my crown area (I know, I know NO glue!!) But I plan on removeing these shrinkies next week, so the wefts should come out pretty easily by that time (fingers crossed). 

My ends are my only problem now.  I tried the thinning shears, my problem with that was getting the back.  The shiney synthetic look is gone!  I've shampooed 3 times now. 

I've lost about 6 tips so far, maybe 7.  My next plan is the extentubes large, 28mm Hair (maybe HOT STUFF if anyone can tell if they've tried this).  Also, prelayering the hair, and doing the install with wet hair (there's another thread about this).  

Here's some pictures.. my boy "had" to get in the picture, hehe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com" border="0" />Image hosted by Photobucket.com" border="0" />

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 8:13pm

Yeah!

How are you liking the shrinkies? Are they comfortable? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the tubes! I'm amazed at the abuse mine have taken!

Looks good! I can't see anything wrong with the ends from your pics!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 8:19pm
The shrinkies are okay, this is my first expirence with a strand to strand method so I really don't have anything to compare it to.  It's definitly more comfy sleeping now!   I want to try the velcro rollers.  Do I put these in while my hair is dry?  How long did you wear your shrinkies for Gina?
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 8:50pm

Bridget...not long, not even a week. I was loosing too many!(Which could be for a variety of reasons) I did NOT find them comfy, though...which may have been due to my nail glue? I'm not sure...

As far as velcros...yeah put them in dry(or about 90% dry)and spray them with a volumizer or working spray, heat em with your blow dryer and let them cool before you take them down! However, I have no synthetic experience, so I'm curious how the velcros will leave the hair?

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:48pm
It looks really pretty and very natural, Bridget--you totally hooked it up. I don't think it looks stringy at all anymore, but with stick-straight hair and strand-by-strand methods, it's almost impossible to eliminate all stringiness, as well as some weirdness on the ends. Even just a bit of body on the bottom makes a world of difference, imo.

Let us know how the Velcros work out; I haven't tried them yet myself. Hot rollers work great, at least on PH, and I would think, since you've got the WaWa, you could just curl it with an iron. Have you tried that yet?

Anyway, it looks great--congratulations! :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:04pm
I agree I think it looks really good now! Very pretty and natural!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:06pm
Awesome.  A little extra hair went along way!
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:08am
Looks really good! 

Sure does take some "tinkering" to get the look, huh?  But it's worth it!  You did a great job! 
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:37am
ye look really pretty now iv just ordered some wa wa in the same colours so i hope i can get a positive result also
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:09am
Hey bridget your hair looks lovely, it really suits you xxxx
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 11:47am
Hey Bridget-
Congrats on getting the 'problem' fixed. . .you  know I have actually WALKED OUT OF SALONS after having paid a LOT of money and had this problem!! 

I was reading the thread and you were asking about curling, styling, etc. In general I think it's the PlastikHaar and other non-thermal synth that requires the TLC - i.e. the air drying, the velcro rollering, the flocked-hot rollers, etc.  You have WaWa in, right? I believe it's a LOT more hearty and you can pretty much treat it like human hair? Can you post us on if that's true or not. . .??

Also  -  I have ordered the 27/613 Hot Stuff Fusion hair. Unfortunately I got the Yaky instead of the French wave (my mistake) but since I plan on styling it anyway it should all work out about the same. . .

But let us know about how the hair handles!!  IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

-Fina
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:41am
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:56am

I'm slowly but surely trying to work these shrinkies out.  I globbed a boat load of conditioner on the bonds twice in the shower.  Sprayed oil sheen on the bonds 2 nights ago, and then last night used Parnevu T-Tree Scalp Oil (this stuff is awesome!).  One of my bonded tracks came right out!  I'm kinda taking my time on the take down, yesterday after all that loobin' I lost about 15 all day.  So it is looking more piecey and *in need of* help!  I'll prob. get the rest out tonight & tomorrow. 

No complaints on the WaWa hair.  The more I wear it the more I'm liking it.  My only regret was getting it stick straight!  I haven't really done much to this hair, so I can't say too much.  I just shampoo, air dry, and then go over with a flat iron.  This hair would definilty last a good while longer... but not these shrinkies, they've gotta go!  The picture with the shrinks and the breakage was before any of the oiling & loobing up on my bonds.  I think that's a lot of hair to lose!  The picture didn't come out as clear as it was in my camera... what's up with that?

So, I'm planning my next venture... it keeps changing though, so I'll just post pics when it's all said and done!!

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:02am
GAH!  the only way to get shrinkies out is to reheat them and slide them off the hair.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:11am
Kalika, I do plan to do that.  I just wanted to pre-oil them up and let it soak on my scalp.  They are scalp oils that I used.  The 15 that came out yesterday slid right out w/none of my hair attached. 
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:14am

I thought you're supposed to use a oil during the shrinkie removal?  Just makes sense to me to loob it up so it slides off better and aids in disolving the bond a bit. 

??? 

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:57am
I think Bridget that its heat and slide off then oill to get the residue off.

Of course I'll really know the answer ina coupld of months when I take mine out...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:15am
Oil is used after the shrinkie is removed with the fusion wand. Clamp down on the shrinkie, let it heat up and get soft and then slide it out. Or, let it distort and then cool a bit before sliding out to keep the residue from spreading down the entire hair strand.

I suggest using gobs and gobs of conditioner a few days prior to shrinkie removal. You'll be amazed how much looser they get. Don't force them out. Those little shrinkie strands with the hair broken off vibes me.

About the oil thing before removal. Does anyone know the temp veg oil has to reach before it starts to smoke? Be careful with that because those wands get scorchin' hot. Wouldn't want you to catch aflame and come back with Troll hair now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic