Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is your Long Hair Hero?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is your Long Hair Hero?
    Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:21pm
I recently read a post from "Tie00" and she mentioned that Olivia Hussey was her long hair idol/hero and that brought up a new topic that I thought I would post. Has anyone famous influenced you in your quest to grow long hair? I personally had family members with super long hair as an influence but if I had to choose someone famous I would choose Jane Seymour.
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:24pm
Another 'Mour... Moore... Demi Moore! I heard she cut her waist/hip length hair recently though.
my LJ, 40 inches long
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:40pm

Hi AnaisSatin,

yes, I believe your right. I recently saw a picture in a magazine (can't remember what one) of Demi with shoulder length hair. Her hair was so beautiful in "Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle" 

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 7:58am
I like Demi's hair too it's too bad she cut it like Alanis Morissett her hair was kick but too.  I do like Holly Marie Coombs and Amber Tambylne though.  I would like mine to be like holly's when it gets longer.  My hair is probably a little lighter in color thats o.k. though. 
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 7:30pm
Alanis Morissette... before she cut it all off and made me sad
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 10:11pm
Crystal Gayle!  I saw her on Sesame Street when I was young, and her hair was down to her ankles.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 9:53am
Seing Alanis Morissette on MTV was my deciding moment. I´m ok with her cutting it, though. For me, hair is all about me and I, not about fashion or other peoples opinions.
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 5:23pm
Lindsay Wagner (am I spelling that right?). I have always loved her.
Mels
CurlyKeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyKeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 9:09pm

Hi there, mine is Julia Roberts, or Reba McEntire before she cut her hair.  I've been told I look like Reba, so who knows, maybe when I get my hair longer, i'll look even more like her!

~~Keri~~

oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 10:29pm
katherine zeta jones has one of the best long hairs in hollywood.
CurlyKeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyKeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 9:15am

Hi Oskana...I will agree with that, she has beautiful hair, and whenever I see her in a film or a telephone commercial, I get jealous lol!  But I don't have black hair, so I know i'll never look like her!

~~Keri~~

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 2:19pm
The problem with picking a Hollywood type for a hair hero is that half of them wear extensions or wigs anyways, which is something I could do myself if I were so inclined.  Kinda like picking your idea of the  Greatest Professional Athlete only to discover she/he was on steroids. My hair hero would have to be Anna Kournikova. She has a truly stunning mane of long, thick, naturallly blonde hair.  She lightens it a bit now, but it always looks amazing and healthy. I have major hair envy
2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 4:11pm
one more person i forgot to add...Portia de Rossi (from Ally Mcbeal). wow gorgous blond hair.
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 3:28pm

It's Dave!

After that, it is sort of Jayne Seymour!

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:19pm

my hair Idol has to be Gissel Brunchin (i think that's her surname-the brazilian model) her hair always looks thick and soooo silky.

xxx

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 6:42pm
You guys ever see Lilly from the munsters?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by strawberryfine strawberryfine wrote:

It's Dave!

After that, it is sort of Jayne Seymour!

Aww!  Thank you SF!  You're so sweet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic