Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

diffrent method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diffrent method
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 6:42pm
it seams nothing i put in my moms hair works out! her hair wont hold a briad so sew-in didn't work, the microrings kept slipping and were visiable, the bonded wefts stayed in for 2 days and were falling out.  please i dont know what to do next. we have been trying for a year and we cant get it right. we have spent well over a thousand bucks. please help what should we do? what method is best for fine thin hair that is shoulder length. mabe a video i can buy will teach me?
and god said let there be hair extensions.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 6:54pm
You know I'm not trying to be mean.  But you have all the info we have here.  It often takes multuple attemps with onemethod to get it right when you DIY.  I thought you really gave the rings no time befor eyou gave up in large part because she found them uncomfortable.  and they are uncomfortable for the first week sometimes two.  And yes you said you had some slipping, but then you said that you had retightened them and they weren't slipping as much.  which to me says with practice you were improving in your technique.  as to the showing without pics of where they were showing it's hard to guess.

LG bonded wefts tend to do better than latex bonded wefts.  Sherrie is the expert of which glues to use and the sandwich technique.

You still haven't tried PB's which are difficult without practice but you could always get a practice head to get your technique down.

I'm really liking shrinkies.

I understand your fristration but some patience is required.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:25pm
Try the pro tubes from hair peice and get there flat tool(no blisters!) These longer tubes stay in better I find and the flat tool will close them better. However if you place them to close to her scalp they will hurt for a few days as Mocha said. With shrinks you really can't get that close because you will burn her. I like the shrinks and the tubes they both work great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:36pm

okay let me put you str8 mocha, she left the microrings in for 3 weeks, i did 2 full heads of micro rings on my manequin before we applyed hers, and she had 32 micro rings slip in 3 weeks. we went to a salon that does micro rings and they said that i did it right, but her hair was just not holding them. i did use liquid gold when we did the glue in, and you are not helping at all. please dont post if you are not trying to help, i thought that was what this board is about help. every one is always so willing to help me, but you always have a non helpful smart ass thing to post. so please dont reply to my post anymore!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:55pm
when you posted about the microrings recently that wasn't the impression I was left with.  Like I said I wasn't trying to be mean just frank.

If you don't like my sense of humor, too bad.

Since you began posting here it has seemed to me, and I certainly don't always read things thoroughly, that you have been bouncing around on methods.  I'm sorry if I've gotten the wrong impression.

I would think that mentioning that I like shrinkies, PB's, and possibly changing glue of bonded wefts would have been enough to demonstrate that was trying to be good natured.

My intent wasn't to be nasty to you, simply to speak my mind.

If I've been horribly offensive to you on multiple occasions, it was unintentional, however I suggest you take it up with Karen or one of the other administrators who, I am sure, can ban me as necessary.

Seriously though.  I know you've tried braided tracks, but pinch braids are often fine on people with slippery hair.  But they are a pain in the ass to master.  It might take many many practice heads to really get the hang of them. 

Marie seems to have offered a valid possibility on changing your ring/tube situation by changing brands.  You know already that your technique was fine since you had a pro check it out.  If you posted some pics, we could all take a look and try to offer you tips on how to make them less visible.

I know you have posted on the existence of several non braided track methods.  Have you given any of those a test drive either on your mom or your mannequin?

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:56pm

whoaaa...I dont think anything was intended. But lets see is we can figure it out. Yes sometimes it takes several attempts and perfecting your technique to get something down pat. I know Ive found  that out myself with several methods!

Microrings: did you try using less hair in them? Sometimes too much hair with keep them from closing tight enough. Did you try double crimping them? First holding the pliers vertical and then horizontal and crimping both ways? Also Ive heard that slipping can be reduced my double ringing.

Bonded wefts: Did you try MORE LG? Apply right away and keep holding and pressing, dont let the glue set up much before placing. Also did you use LG on both the weft and the natural hair? Did you cure the weft with a blowdryer? Did you use the sandwich technique? (I can easily get 7 weeks out of the sandwich technique) Ive even had on lady keep them in for 12 weeks(wouldnt recommend it though) But never less than 4 weeks

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 8:24pm

I think you should try to bonded wefts using the Chrissy V latex based adhesive.  Use the sandwich technique and they should stay in the hair just fine.

When I tried the Chrissy V method, I had only done strand applications, and never a bonded weft method.  I ordered her 'how to' video and some of the bond, and right from my first attempt on a client, I've been successful. 

It was nerve racking, because I had never used the product before and the client on which I was going to apply it was to leave for Hawaii the next day for 3 weeks, so the pressure was on to make sure these extensions stayed in place.

The extensions stayed in nicely for 6 weeks, as they were supposed to.  All the other subsequent Chrissy V applications also stayed in well.

It takes patience and practice to become proficient at applying extensions.  I have talked to numerous stylists who think they want to do extensions, but once they find how time consuming and what a pain in the butt it can be at times, they change their mind.

Also, I have a client whose hair is so fine and slippery, and over the years we have tried many different techniques on her, some turning out better than others, but not getting the performance out of it that I wanted.  For her last install, we did the Ultratress 2 seamless weft extensions, and we are having success with them.  You may want to try that method.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 9:21pm

mocha i love ur since of humor and i think i went over board.i think you have been helpful and i appoligue for acting like a total brat.

thanx for keeping ur kool.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 9:24pm

metalgirl (love that name) where can i get ultratress?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 9:34pm
I agree metalgirl that ChrissyV is a very good product. But the bad thing is that you cant get it unless you're licensed. And also its alot more expensive than LG. For my hair type I would actually prefer ChrissyV over LG. But I did find that for very fine or 'slippery' hair as some refer to it, that LG would usually hold better and a little longer. But ChrissyV is much easier when it comes to removal.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by broomeboy1023 broomeboy1023 wrote:

her hair wont hold a briad so sew-in didn't work, the microrings kept slipping and were visiable, the bonded wefts stayed in for 2 days and were falling out. 

Tony, since your mom's hair is so fine even to the point that it can't even hold braids and the rings were very visible, then it is obvious that your mom is not a good candidate for these methods.  The bonded weft, you say, did not work too?

Here are my suggestions:

Ultratress.com

Invisiblehair.com

RaphaelBasante.com

TressAllure.com

or any "Integration" pieces or "Seamless Hair Extensions" for the DIYs.

Best of luck, Charlene

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:34pm

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

But ChrissyV is much easier when it comes to removal.

Really?  Please tell me more about it as the Ultratress II for me takes longer to remove.  Is it similar to the RaphaelBasante.com's?  Is it reusable too?

Thanks, Charlene

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:11pm
what supplier can i get ultratress from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:15pm
would you recommend fusion or a seamless method? we have alot of hair i would hate to waste! i think we are going to try fusion with monkey barz. what do ya think?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 2:06am
Originally posted by broomeboy1023 broomeboy1023 wrote:

would you recommend fusion or a seamless method? we have alot of hair i would hate to waste! i think we are going to try fusion with monkey barz. what do ya think?

broome, drop the Monkey Barz for a second and tell me what you think about the recommendations you just received from two professional extensionists?

Please, take a moment to read their thoughts. And you see those links Charlene gave you? Look at them and tell us what you think of these methods.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 5:43am

Charlene, I was comparing the ChrissyV bonding glue to Liquid Gold for ease of removal.

I cant speak for those other methods as Ive never used them or seen them

In fairness though to ChrissyV I do believe its a great product. I would prefer to use it over LG. Its easier to work with and easier to remove. The only reason I opt for LG is the price, and I get slightly longer wear time out of LG. And for some people with fine hair, especially in the nape area the LG holds better and longer. But with either glue, if you use the sandwich technique they should hold well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:01am
amm i went to the sites, the methods seam great but the sites are not suppliers.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:43am

Hey broomboy,

I have extentubes in and my hair is very thin/fine.  I've had a little bit of slippage, nothing too serious.  As Sherrie said up above, too much hair in the link will enable you to close/crimp the tube shut all the way.

Why don't you give fusion a shot?

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:22am

You have to be licensed to buy the Ultratress 2 and also I think the Raphael Basante Visions seamless weft.

I think that I saw seamless wefts for sale on www.Superhairfactory.com

I really like the Chrissy V bond, and I think it held well, 8-10 weeks even on fine hair.  The only things I didn't like was the fact that that when I was applying it on some people, the latex would actually make their head burn for a minute or two.  Also, it has to be kept in the refridgerator, and it has such a strong latex smell, it stunk up the salon's refrigerator!

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:40am

I second fusion, yeah It's got a bad rap...but I use x10 and am able to break down the bonds with the remover from www.shrinkies.net

My advice with fusion: tidy sections, don't get your bonds too big, and PATIENCE during removal.

Maybe practice a few by just adding a few hilites to her hair first. Rent a wand from amm, order the remover (if you don't already have it) and order the chips from www.haircandy.net They both have hella quick shipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic