Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What kind of person are you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What label do you think applies to you most? (Rough guidelines only!!!
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [12.50%]
3 [9.38%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [15.63%]
5 [15.63%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
9 [28.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of person are you?
    Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:12pm
I thought it would be interesting to see if there was a particular concentration of one group of people on these boards. These labels are not literal, i.e. if you're not a hippy but you go with the whole attitude then you are hippy/pagan.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:24pm
My personality is arty farty, my look is classic and im a student so the last one got my vote. 
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:38pm
I'm a mixture of hippie/townie (grew up in Greenwich Village in NYC)/and outdoorsy. But I think probably mostly hippie/pagan.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 2:30pm
I'm a mix of prim, gothy and arty-farty. This means I'm always in conflict about my hair. The gothy side wants crazy aysymmetric fringes and black dye, the arty side wants natural,flowing hair and the prim side is left to pick up the pieces and balance the other two out.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 2:41pm

edited:because this reply was plain rediculous

Edited by Longhairdreams
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 2:57pm
I voted Hippy/Pagan, but I'd have to say I'm many of those things. I can
tell you what I'm not...

I wouldn't really say I'm a hippy, but I do like to attend hippy jam band
festivals and everything that goes along with that. Plus I love the Grateful
Dead. I'm not religous though. I'm not gothy but I do have piercings.(non
on my face) I'm business like but not straitlaced. I'm not really a Chav,
bling bling, rapper, and I'm not a student. Nor do I have any kids. Not to
pick apart your voting choices, but I figured since I posted I might as well
get more in depth!

Edited by Sugaree
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 3:05pm
For those who don't know what does prim mean?
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 3:11pm
I was assuming it meant "girly/proper" (like prim and proper) like
ummm....kind of a high matainance type girl
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 4:30pm

Shoot, I could never fit any one of those. I would describe myself as a blend of:

1. Spiritual but not completely fitting "Pagan", more ancestral than textual, more monistic than deistic, more Ubuntu than anything else.
  2. what I call Euro-chic, which is more casual than professional but more French than American
  3. Chagall or Klimt style artistic
  4. Cultural/ethnic (mostly Asian), or the kind of personality befitting a World Market store, but nothing to do with "bling" (what is "bling"?)
  5. Straitlaced only when I am corsetted.

Interesting poll!

Anais  the outlier

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 11:22am
Lol, I just chose options that labeled people in to recognisable groups...

Yes, I meant prim like you said Sugaree.

Thanks for pointing out that Hippy/pagan might bug people Longhairdreams, I was just trying to get across a certain mentality

I put myself as goth as I am one but really I should have made it a multiple choice since I could have put student or outdoorsy as well. Glad you like the poll

ETA not pierced though apart frorm the standard earring holes and I fainted when I had them done! Plus I can only wear titanium earrings for any period of time

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 1:09pm

No I was stupid to point that out. i just saw that they werent meant to be literal.I guess when I first saw it ,I didnt know what to think.But not much longer I realized that there's nothing about the way its listed that should bother anyone.

I love how unique some of you were with your answers.

I guess I'd say:Too busy with the kids to have a personality!lol

J/K  I guess so my answer makes more sense I start off saying I'm a gemini.

I am artsy.I guess I'm a waterhouse girl.I'm old minded,a bit of a prude.But I'm not prim at all. I love the outdoors.I'm a horseback riding,hiking,mushroom picking country girl. I'm not afraid to get dirty.Big crowds give me anxiety attacks.but I love shopping. And hair obsessed doesnt even begin to describe it.

enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 1:12pm

I voted student because that's my occupation, but I'm an art student!  And people always think I'm a goth from how I dress, but I'm not pierced...And I'm quite hippy too.

So I'm mostly artsy, but voted student.

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 1:17pm
Anais, I always think of "bling" as being the over the top diamonds (diamante) and chinky gold chains.  if you can bear it, watch any rapper's music video and you'll see what I mean
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 4:32pm
You have all shared so much..
I'll ad:
Im a painter, a student, spiritual, moody, I have been a goth with piercings, i don't like spending to much time in big crowds, i am and like being a hermit ( but i don't get the chance to be one because im hardly ever alone),  i can't stand screaming kids but think they are adorable when they smile, i want to adopt a baby rather than have one on my own, i love reading, i belive in intuition and natures healing powers.

etc etc
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 4:15am

Well goodness me.....I couldn't choose just one. I guess if I had to....I'd be a hippy/pagan.  I think longhairdreams described herself well...and it sounded just like me!

However, I own a fairly large and successful business, but I'm NOT straightlaced! hehehe

I am NOT three of the choices though: Gothy, Chav or student. So that narrows it down doesn't it?

And btw, my beautiful sons have expanded my personality to a level I never thought existed

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 2:39pm

Thanks for the explanation, Enfys

And it was really fun reading everyone's responses!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 12:04pm

Im not sure which i fit into either  im not really any of the above, i dont know what i am lol

Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 3:15pm

I voted 'Townie' for myself~ but I think I am also high maintenance~ so 'Prim'  too~ even though I do have a laidback personality.  'Stylewise' I guess I am those things above.  I say I am those things because I like being pampered and enjoy staying with tends and high fashion etc. 

Interesting thread!

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 12:45am
None of the above I am A mix of of everything I am my
own person.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 9:42am
Definately a townie! I hate the country it smells and is dirty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic