Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairspray for massage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairspray for massage
    Posted: February 01 2006 at 7:06pm
The plastic bottle hairspray, not the aerosal can...For instance, doves flexible hold, has basically alcohol and silk amino acids(important aminos in it)...Would this help one's hair grow faster if they massaged it every night, instead of spending like $25 on say curetage or bronson day spa product?
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:20pm
My biochem prof let us know that amino acids in shampoos and conditions really don't do ANYTHING for hair.

He explained it as, "You can scatter a bunch of bricks around a construction site, but the building is never going to build itself."

Or something along those lines...

Other than that, I really don't know much about hair growth. I don't think anything you put ON your hair would really help it because growth happens in your body... so you'd be better off looking at some of the vitamin posts?
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 5:14pm
Does that even make sense cuz you're feeding the root, and taking vitamins, it don't go exactly to root.
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 5:18pm
No, it doesn't go directly to the root.

But in order for your hair to grow, it needs the building blocks IN your body so your body can put them where they need to go...ie: to the root of your hair.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 7:11pm

Massaging that stuff into your scalp would clog your follicles, which would probably slow down growth. I'd step away from the hairspray massages.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:23pm
Yeah, well what about stuff like rogaine, it has been clinically proven, and you have to put it on scalp and massage. Them vitamins could be sent to waste...How can they go to your hair?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 4:33pm

I think the ingredients make a difference. Hair hold products such as sprays, mousses, gels, etc.... are not meant for application on the scalp. (and the ingredients are usually drying or irritating to most scalps).

Holly is right: you'd be better off eating a balanced diet because healthy hair grows from within. 

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:42am
WOW, Letmecount123!  Your hair looks fabulous!!  I hadn't been here for a bit and just noticed your new signature picture.  It looks so soft and shiny!  Whatever hair routine you're using is working! 

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic