Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

May I introduce myself?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:06am
Thank uou for the welcomes, Nastasska and Enfys!
Yes, indeed, I am a GREAT fan of Vlad the Impaler and yes, I red some stuff about this great and unhappy prince. BTW, in Romanian Tepes (the way they spell it sounds more like'Tzepesh') means 'Impaler'. So I guess I wasn't wrong after all... That's why I have taken this nickname: as a tribute to him. He could easily have a place on this board, because he had very long and strong dark hair, or at least on the 'Hair Policy' board, considering the fact medieval kings and regnant princes were chiefs of state. I'll browse the Net for his picture one of these days and then post it on this board, if the webmasters and moderators don't mind...
BTW no.2: I've seen a lot of Hollywood-made stuff about him and laughed untill I almost crushed my lungs, ribs and stomach... It wouldn't be the only case when script writers and other people involved in the film industry don't make their 'homework' well enough...

Blessed be
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 1:25pm

Hello, Vlad,

I play an acoustic guitar, sometimes classical...I picked it up from my brother and dad.

I don't have my very own horse where I live, but my uncle has one which my siblings and I share...my fav horse in the world! And my cousin has about 15 horses and one of them is mine.

RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:47pm
Welcome, Vlad - amazing that you made your own bass!  One of my friends plays bass...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:19am
Thank U For the welcome, Dave! Being the moderator, U made it sound somehow official...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:24am
Originally posted by horselover_1625 horselover_1625 wrote:

Hello, Vlad,

I play an acoustic guitar, sometimes classical...I picked it up from my brother and dad.

I don't have my very own horse where I live, but my uncle has one which my siblings and I share...my fav horse in the world! And my cousin has about 15 horses and one of them is mine.

I'm really glad for U, little lady! Unfortunatelly, I do not have a horse of my own - just have to rely on richer friends for this passion o'mine. BTW, just in case someone might think I'm bragging when I speak about horses, I'll post a pic with me on horseback one of these days. Maybe even start a new topic, about the REAL Vlad the Impaler!
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 7:59pm
Yeah, well my relatives are pretty rich, so I guess I have to rely on richer friends, too!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:40pm

I have got several books about Vlad Dracula ,the documentary with Christopher Lee and I have even seen the Romanian film from the seventies about him,

It all started with Hammer Films

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic