Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 Shoulder Length Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 1:10pm

Count me in, I'm sorry the crown and Glory method didn't work for you deexox, it did for me I've been braided since August 2005 my hair went from earlobe length with severe shedding on the side to thick base of neck length, I do my own braids cause I'm scared of braiders, some of them rip your hair out. Good luck with your new method. That's how it is if one thing doesn't work keep going until you find what works for youClap anyway here's my regimine:

1. Keep Hair braided for two months at a time before taking down and deep conditioning

2.Wash with tresemme anti-breakage shampoo once a week

3. Massage scalp for 3-5 minutes every night

4. One Centrum multi-vitamin a day

5. 6 glasses of water a day(I was trying for eight but I only weigh 100 pounds and eight make me wanna bust. So I do half my body weight in ounces 100lbs=50 oz or 6 glasses.

7. Moisturize braids once or twice a day with mixture of Infusium 23 and African pride braid spray.

8. Eat foods with essential fatty acids such as(the dreaded Confusedoatmeal and sardines) learning to love them.

I've been doing this since January but I need the challenge to keep me motivated, and having healthy shoulder length or armpit length hair is my Christmas wish for this year.

Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
TwinkletOes23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 4:32pm

Im in my regimine

shampoo once a week (like every five days in the winter every 4 days in the summer) with vive

Conditoner - vive conditioner

deep conditioner - aussie deeep 3 min conditioner

styling - i let it air dry then flat iron it out

thats about it.

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:21am

Count me in too

i cowash 5 days a week and pre-poo/shampoo/deep condition twice a week

i'm natural so i just wash n go

Fave conditioners

Trader Joe's essential

Trader Joe's refresh

Saloncare Conditioner

Rich creamy conditioner base and hemp conditioner(www.wellnaturally.com)

DDTA/DDWL

Alberto V05

Lush jungle conditioner bar

Fave shampoos

Lush hard water shampoo bar

liquid castile soap(www.thechemistrystore.com)

Trader joe's liquid castile soap (peppermint)

Saloncare Shampoos(sally's bss)

Grandpa's soap bars(www.myvitanet.com)

Neem shampoo and hemp shampoo(www.wellnaturally.com)

Protein

Jherri rhedding's 100% natural protein conditioner

Deep condish

Queen helene's super cholesterol treatment

Dominican c*cktail mix of miss keys 10 en 1, rivas silicon mix and emergencia

Leave-ins

911 emergency for dry/damaged hair

aussie hair insurance

homemade spritz- glycerin, water, honey, liquid aloe vera and lil eo

Surge 14 hair revitalizer

oils

castor, palm, coconut, sweet almond, rosemary, safflower, apricot kernel , corn and soybean

Also- i do oil scalp and hair nitely- apply a thin plastic bag and go to sleep.

Edited by carameldiva
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
longnapps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longnapps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:31pm

I will like to join, I am new here and this will be a great way to start my hair journey. I am transitioning and will like my natural hair to be shoulder length by the end of the year. Right now I have about 2 or 3 inches of new growth unstreched.

Vitamins: biotin 900 mcg (every other day) MSM 1500mg (every other day) Flaxseed oil (every other day)

Deep conditioner: 10 en 1 ( every week)

Clarifying shampoo: suave daily clarifying shampoo (once a month)

Daily shampoo: crème of nature (once a week)

CO: V05 strawberries and crème (every 3 days)

Conditioner: Aussie moist conditioner for dry hair

Moisturizer: profectiv 60 second strengthener

Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:47pm
I would like to join a challenge, too! I'm actually debating whether I should hack away the damaged relaxed hair I'm currently sporting. I would like to wear box braid extensions again for another 2 years. I may wear braids for a few months and then cut, though. I have only about an inch of new growth and I will have to subtract about 8 inches from any progress I make.
I'm in!
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 5:13pm
I'm glad to see people joining.
BUMP!
Luvlybelizean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 1:14pm

count me in, i started my regimen on April 17th. My regime is not finalized yet there's so much products out there, i want to keep it simple. my hair is in a weave but i will do the crown n glory tech. with singles and inter loc weave.

Hairlenght: 3" in the back, 6" in the front and, 1-2" in the center

Goal: neck to shoulder length

Regimen: plenty of condition, avoid too much build up from oils; co 3x/week with suave daily clarifying conditioner, deepco with garnier fructis 3-minute mask 1x/week, queen helene goodtogro oil, cantu,

MRS angel28, i could relate: so i will try 40oz of water a day...oh iwill also try to put on some lbs w/ with the challenge deadline: May 12-dec. 12 before my b-day febuary 13th.

I only weigh 100 pounds and eight make me wanna bust. So I do half my body weight in ounces 100lbs=50 oz or 6 glasses.

"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven
Natural Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natural Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 2:06pm
Count me in too!!!
mealncholymonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 12:36am
May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 8:54am

i'm still doing the crownand glory regimen...its not really damaging my hair badly...its just the product buildup thats hair to get off my hair...i change my regimen (again...i know...the other one isn't for me..) Hopefully it will work.

• Shampoo hair with Cream of Nature Shampoo
  • Condition hair with carrot oil cholesteral
  • Apply cantu leave-in conditioner
  • Keep hair braided or in kinky twist for C&G

so far my hair has grown VERY nicley and it's so THICK and CURLY   I'm trying to stop using grease just to see how my hair will react. i've noticed that it's gotten very coarse (it was already thick...now it's REALLY thick) I think i may be at neck or shoulder length by december if all goes well. I have 1/4 of an inch in the front of my head, 1/2 of an inch at the crown area and finally 1 inch in the back

Edited by deexox
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 6:04pm

Well mealncholymonie I've heard of wild growth some people say it works, maybe one of the experts will jump in and help you out, the ladies on here know their stuff,Tongue

anyway I pulled out three rows at the back of my head, to check in on whats happening, the sides are at shoulder when stretched but the middle Crystill has an inch to go it grows slower than the sides but its speeding up with scalp massages, anyway I trimmed the sides so now all around I only have 1.5 inches, (it could be less before shoulder length,) I was tempted to run to my hairdresser up the street to get a relaxer to see for sure but I haven't had a relaxer since January and don't want to until christmas anyway hoping to get to shoulder by July.Clap By the way has anyone tried mixing cayenne powder with olive oil for faster growth I've heard people are doing it and getting an inch a month.

Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natural Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 2:01pm
I bought the Wild Growth Oil today. Hopefully it will do something. I just relaxed my hair with phyto 2 over the weekend after being natural for a year and a half and my ends are breaking like crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to stop the breakage?
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by Natural Beauty Natural Beauty wrote:

I bought the Wild Growth Oil today. Hopefully it will do something. I just relaxed my hair with phyto 2 over the weekend after being natural for a year and a half and my ends are breaking like crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to stop the breakage?

cantu leave-in repair cream stopped my sister's hair from breaking off! You should also try some wild-growth or castor oil on your ends to keep them strong and moisturized

Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natural Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:20pm
Thanks deexox!! Im going to buy the cantu tomorrow.

Edited by Natural Beauty
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 11:21am

Originally posted by mealncholymonie mealncholymonie wrote:

May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...May I join in on the festivities? Every summer I make it my goal to grow my hair out. I've always had shoulder length hair, but i cut it off a year or two ago to my ear and it grew back... but its still shoulder lengthed. I REALLY want to get it two inches below my bra strap but don't have a clue how nor do i have the support I need to do so... can any one help me out? Last summer I reached my shoulder length goal, but in the process I damaged my hair more than you could imagine. I've tried the crown and glory techniqe but I can't afford to get braids nor do I know ne one who can do them. (excuse me if I'm rambling) I just don't know where to turn... I've found this "Wild hair Growth" stuff, is it any good? Let me know! Mkay, thanks guys...

Well, what can I say.. "THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!!". I have been using it for about three months now, and it's the only way I can comb my hair without ripping it all out, and everyone has been saying how much my hair is growing. I use it both on wet amd dry hair and it makes my hair soooo soft! When I use  it on my wet hair over my leave-ins and moisturizers I notice I have more defined curls. When I use it on my edges and tie it down with a scarf it get them straight and they stay neat all day. I also used it while I was straightening my sisters hair and it turned out beautifully! Now I use it on all my clients! My only complaints is that the darn bottles is soo small!. I go throught it like water. Does anyone know if they have it in a bigger size?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 6:59pm
Thanks for the advice ladies, I really needed it. I'm not sure how often to use the WGHO though, so please also enlighten me on this too! Thanks!

Edited by mealncholymonie - May 14 2006 at 4:06pm
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 12:02am
TWINKLETOES,

Be careful using the Aussie 3 minute miracle. It's high in silicones (that's what gives it that "liquid silk" feeling).

Overdoing things like that can dry your hair out. I would suggest to use it only once a month.

I have some and it made my hair feel like liquid silk. After my third time using it, I noticed that my ends were getting drier and drier. I figured out it was this product because after I washed my hair, it would nearly FLASH DRY and then it would feel like straw. I did some research and found out that silicone does that to hair.

So, it does make your hair feel good, at first. Be careful using it and don't over do it.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 3:51pm
hey everybody! how is ur hair doing? well i dont take my braids off till May 25. I alternate in regimens each week but the regimen that worked for my hair so far is

PrePoo w/ Wild growth hair oil

Shampoo and Deep Condition once a week

Co Wash Daily, add WGHO 2-3 times a week

Moisturize hair with either African Royal Spray, Water, or Infusium 23

tie hair in a bonnet each nite,

drink 6-8 glasses of water daily

daily scalp massage for 5-10 min.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 9:45am
Hey yall, I joined the Challenge on May 13th, a month and a day late, but I'm still pretty excited. I'm actually past my shoulders now (achieved around September 2005) and trying for the bra-strap. I just needed some support so I figured I'd join in on ya'lls group.
My regimine
Wash and condition once a week
Add WGHO every other day
Use Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 Daily
Use Pantene Pro-V Oil cream moisturizer Daily
Moisturize hair with Infusiom 23 (in the brown bottle)
Tie up hair in "growth cap" each night
Drink plenty of water

Does any one know what Pre-poo means?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 11:36am
Pre-Poo treatments are: puting oils on the hair BEFORE shampooing the hair. This can be left on over night or for 30 min to an hour before washing. Its supposed to hold moisture in the hair so when you shampoo the hair doesnt get dried out. I use wgho for my pre-poo treatments and also use wgho 2/3 times a week
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic