Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 Shoulder Length Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
mealncholymonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 4:09pm
Thanks Ms Miami! I've been see'n pre-poo for the longest and was absolutly confused about it, so thanks for clearing that up. Is it okay to use the WG on ends daily, or is that too much?
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 10:45am
How is everyone doing on the challene? I just wanted to say that i updated my fotki! It's a little late, I know, but I've been very busy. I will try to update again sometime this weekend but this was for the end of last month. Tell me what you think My Album!!!
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2006 at 9:47pm
Wow, you do great twists Beauty Witch and cornrows, I'm so BAD at cornrows, I love the style in front and the twist for the rest.Good Job.
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
mealncholymonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mealncholymonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 7:02pm
Wow, you are amazing! I wish I knew how to twist, but sadly enough, I can't work with weave at school... they call me " The real dark white chocolate"... Lol
longnapps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longnapps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 3:08pm
Your hair looks amazing beautywitch.  The challenge is going well for me I can tell my hair is gaining more length and is getting thicker.
transitioning
total length of new growth: 2 or 3 inches
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 3:49pm

I would like to commend you Beautwitch on your hair and how lovely it looks. The challenging is going well for me  also. I 've made a few adaptions to my regime since i posted and i'm still very excited to see the growth over the next couple of months Smile

Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
brownie29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:40am
I will take the challenge. My hair is about 5in the top of my neck in a layered bob but thin i guess form weaves. My new regimen will be:

Sham- with Motions CPR  1x week
Con- with Motions CPR 1x week
Deep Con- Hair mayo 2x week
Leave-in - Infusium
Air dry - spray with Surge 14 when almost dry
Moisturize- with Tea tree with Shea butter especially the ends 2x day
Wrap my hair with a satin scarf every night

This is a new regimen hope it works!!!

Edited by brownie29 - May 22 2006 at 10:43am
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 10:43am
I'd like to wish everyone good luck with this challenge.  No matter how discouraging it gets sometimes, keep trying!
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

chanelle#5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanelle#5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 11:13am
I know that I am a month and fifteen days late, but I would love to join this challenge. I have been going back and forth about joining, but I wanted to make sure I had a regimine that I liked before I started. Here is what I have come up with:
Pre Poo 1 x week with EVOO/WGHO/ETC
Poo 1 x week with Creme of Nature
Conditioner 2 x week with Mane and Tail adding EVOO
Deep Con 3 x week with ????????? (any suggestions)
Daily Leave In - Cantu Leave in Conditioner
Cut down on heat, Air Dry hair. Roller set nightly. Keep hair wet with Lottabody, diluted
Surge Plus 14 twice a day. Seal with WGO 3 X week
Moisturize daily with ORS Olive Oil or Hawaiian Silky
Moisturize ends with Elasta EQ Mango Butter or Cantu Leave in Conditioner, seal with Hot 6 Oil or WGO

So what do you ladies think? Too much? Please give any suggestions that you have on products. For instance, I am not sure of a Deep Con or a Daily Leave in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We can change our lives by changing our attitudes.
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 7:50pm
Welcome to the challenge brownie29 and chanelle#5 , oh and chanelle, when I'm not in braids I do my deep conditions with eggs and a plastic cap, I'd do it like once a week cause I don't want to protein overload my hair, anyway that's what I do.(It's a little messy but I like natural stuff), then I do a little shampoo rinse and lots and lots of a wonderful smelling conditioner like white rain or Vo5 all over my hair, my hair comes out like silk.I also use my daily leave in like you're doing. Sorry I can't suggest any products I'm not really a product junkie I like to make stuff for my hair and my skin from my kitchen, for instance before I wash I spray a ginger solution I make, on my scalp to stimulate blood circulation to my hair follicles.

Edited by Angel28 - May 29 2006 at 7:51pm
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 9:28pm
angel28, do u think i'll be able to find 'white rain' in any drug stores or beauty supply stores?
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 6:47am
You should be able to its a very popular brand, anyways I'm in Jamaica and its all over the place. Check Sally's that's where I buy my stuff when in the U.S. , Jamaica imports 'white rain' from Florida so you should be able to find it at most drugs or beauty supply stores. If you can't find it and you really want it you can always buy online.
chanelle#5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanelle#5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:43pm
Thanks so much for the advise Angel. I have revised my regimine.

Pre Poo 1 x week with EVOO/WGHO/ETC
Poo 1 x week with Creme of Nature
Conditioner 2 x week with Mane and Tail adding EVOO
Deep Con 1 x week with ORS Replenishing PAK (any suggestions)
Daily Leave In - Infusim 23 or Dove Sheer Mist
Cut down on heat, Air Dry hair. Roller set nightly. Keep hair wet with Lottabody, diluted
Surge Plus 14 twice a day. Seal with WGO 3 X week
Moisturize daily with ORS Olive Oil or Hawaiian Silky
Moisturize ends with Elasta EQ Mango Butter , seal with Hot 6 Oil or WGO

So what do you ladies think? Too much? Please give any suggestions that you have on products. For instance, I am not sure of a Deep Con or a Daily Leave in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
We can change our lives by changing our attitudes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 8:43pm
Hey, every1, I'm just updating on how my hair is doing. well i can say that my hair did get healthier and grew an inch longer. i think the growth came 4rm the co-washes
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 1:24am
Thank you ladies for the nice compliments. It's been a while since I've been up here. Welcome to the new ladies and wish you luck!! I blow dried my hair to put braids in and I must say I'm please with the length. I didn't measure though because I don't want to be dissapointed. I'm touching shoulder when stretched but I have about an inch of bad ends I need to get rid of. So, I'm not making it official until it's healthy and at shoulder length. I'm hoping around some time around September. Wish me luck!
kathye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 2:41pm
Hey everyone I am definetly new but non- the- less I would still like to par-take in this challenge. I guess we're are running for the end of this year DEC 2006, that would be for a normal person around 2 1/2 inches. That's great, today is my B-day and I am up for a bit of a challenge. My hair type I guess is 4a/b and the length of my hair on average is about 3-4 inches. It's a bit uneven because I had to cut it due to a lot of breakage, and after doing so much research I have finally found out that black folks can have long healthy hair too.

My regimen:
*Wash hair with moisturizing shampoo every 3 days
*Deep condition with protein conditioner every 3 days (under hooddryer)
*Moisturize daily(everyday)
*Dont use grease (petrolium)
*Dont use any other heat appliance (only special occasions)
*Use wide tooth comb only
*Dont use brushes
*Wrap my hair in silk/satin scarf or sleep on silk/satin pillow case
*Never use gels with alcohol only protein gels
*Never use any products with alcohol as their first couple ingredients
*Message my scalp daily
*Stick to the same brand relaxer
*Use only one type of relaxer (lye, no-lye)
*Never again will I double-process my hair (permanent color, perm, relaxer, etc)
*Wait 7-9 weeks or longer before next relaxer

That's about it. I cut my hair April and since then my hair has grown about 1 1/2 inches. Exactly on point, that's why I got new hope for my hair. My methods are helpful to my hair type for anyone else it may be another method keep that in mind. But one thing that has definetly changed my hairs feeling is deep conditioning it. If there's one advise I must share with everyone it would be to deep condition.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 4:33pm
Welcome to the Challenge kathye your regimen looks good!
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!
Luvlybelizean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 4:30pm
you ladies all seem to be doing great i have to congratulate you all. i need some help setting up my album, is fotki, the best or what what else can i try? is it free?

lend a sista some helping hand. i need to post up some pictures of my extensions and the before picture of my hair.
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven
chanellenumbah5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanellenumbah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 5:18pm
Hey luvly! It is free. Go to www.fotki.com and register. Is't pretty easy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

http://public.fotki.com/chanellenumbah5/
MrsGrissom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsGrissom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 9:37pm

Hello everyone... I'm new to the site, and I came across this forum. I would like to join this cnallenge. My hair is about 1 inch from shoulder length, so I dont know if i should REALLY be here. I still need some hair growth tips though, so i figure this is as good a place as any to start.

Current Length: 1in from shoulder length

Current hair goal: Bra Strap Length

New Hair Regime (Since June 2006):

-Wash 2x/wk (once with Creme of Nature ultra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, once with just conditioner)
-Use MTG on scalp & hair every night
-NO HEAT (air dry or use bantu knots when needed)
-Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme on ends nightly
-Moisterize hair every morning and night
-spritz hair with water/hot 6 oil mixture when needed
-eat lots of fruits & veggies
-use wide tooth comb
-use natural boar bristle brush (i try to minimize use of brush)

note: I have not relaxed my hair since late april/early may. I am trying to streach to about 3mths before re-touching.
Anyone that has any tips for me, please let me know! I need all the help i can get!!! Thanks!!!

Edited by MrsGrissom - July 17 2006 at 12:56pm
I know where I'm going... I might get a little lost on the way there... I might fall off course once in a while... but I know i'll find my way sooner or later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic