Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do You Ever Get Bored

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do You Ever Get Bored
    Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:34am
Do you ever get bored with your hair and get the urge to do something different like cut it or colour it or whatever

I feel like that at the moment and don't know what to do about it
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:56am
 I love it long and don't want to cut it although I think about darkening it but the color is o.k.  I wouldn't mind a nice french braid for the day.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 9:20am
I had a dream the other night that my hair was chin length, shiny, and very bouncy.

It makes me miss my short hair, but I know this is the better option for me.

Edited by letmecount123 - July 09 2006 at 9:20am
denika_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denika_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 10:49am

Good question Nastasska!

Really the only time I feel like having a different cut is when I see my friends styling their hair in less time than it takes me....or when I go swimming. 

Question for Holly.....what did you end up doing with your hair for your sister's grad??

~Den
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 3:49pm
No, I never get bored with it.

IMO in this regard, women have more hairstyle and accessory options than men, so it would seem to be less of a concern for women than it is for men.

Nastasska, tell us about all of the different hair styles you wear, and what assortment of hair accessories you use.  Do you ever set it to bring out the waviness/curliness?

horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:21pm
No, I don't really get bored with my hair, although I think I can get tired of it sometimes. There are those times when I just don't feel like doing anything with it and maybe I'll wish it was shorter or thinner, but then about that time, someone compliments me, and I forget all about messing with it! I love long hair! 
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 5:10pm
I never think of coloring or cutting out of boredom, but if I do get bored I try new styles or styling methods, or I try or buy a new hair toy.  
2b/F/ii
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 2:18am

Definately....YES!

Men are very limited in how we can wear our long hair. My wife wants it tied back in a ponytail when we're in public (a compromise I make, since I want to please my wife....she'd much prefer I cut it).

I am bored this summer with it. I've thought about cutting to a shorter style.

puppylove374 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppylove374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 2:42am

Lately i feel like getting side swept bangs but i have a square face so i dont know if its for me....   i also heard from people that have side swept bangs that they got tierd of the bangs fast. 

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 3:33am
Originally posted by puppylove374 puppylove374 wrote:

Lately i feel like getting side swept bangs but i have a square face so i dont know if its for me....   i also heard from people that have side swept bangs that they got tierd of the bangs fast. 

I got tired of them within a day and waited until they were long enough and cut them straight across. They get very annoying which is a shame since they look so good.

I get bored all the time and end up adjusting my fringe(bangs) or changing the colour of my hair within a shade or two of it's natural colour. Trying hard to leave it alone now. The colour is pretty much virgin and the fringe is all jaw length now.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 12:46pm
     I *hope* you're not "bored" enough to really cut your hair, Natasska. Haircutting, if it *must* be done, should be approached with enthusiasm. Lacking this, it's probably not a great idea.
     People get bored with short hair too, but all that can be done with short hair is a different cut or worse, processing. If the boredom is a yearning for length, processing usually sets one back dramatically.
     My suggestion is that you either wear your hair up for a while and forget about it, or have it pinned under so you can have fun with a drastcally shorter look w/o paying a permanent price. Remember, boredom passes, as does all things!  God bless, Bob
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 2:40pm
Yes even though my hair at its longest is 3inches below my shoulders and am aiming for the middle of my thighs, relatives urge me against it and say to keep it at this length which is sometimes discouraging which makes m want to chop it off.
browneyedgirl83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyedgirl83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 3:38pm
I have long hair... I am bored with it... and I have pretty much decided to cut it...
I am giving it a weeks thought (not sure why because I have been thinking about cutting it for months...
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 5:55pm
the only thing that ever makes me want to cut my hair is when my husband rolls over on my hair when he's asleep (darn that hurts!)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 7:33pm
SugarCube -- They're just as entitled to have short hair as you are to have long hair.  Whatever you want for yourself, you should have.

browneyedgirl -- Have you made a list of pros and cons to the decision (and the impact/importance of each)?  That might help clarify your decision.

Lickalime -- When you go to sleep, do you flip your hair over your pillow?  That might help keep it out of harm's way.

browneyedgirl83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyedgirl83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 1:55am
I haven't written them down, but I have thought of some...
I mean, I really like my hair long. I do think it is pretty. It is healthy.
I just wnat to try something new... I mean, I will undoubtedly grow it out again...
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 8:37am
I had a hair dream recently too, I had a very short do which was bleached platinum (same color I used to wear years ago, but on bsl hair).  It was a stylish looking cut with the longest pieces about 2 inches long, and very short around the bottom.  It was fun to remember what it was like in the dream and imagine to have it that way, but no way would I ever cut it for real.  It just got to the length where I can do everything I want with it with no trouble (which is an inch or so past bsl), and the ease of this is something I won't be giving up!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 11:52am

hai friends i have a long hair and very rarely i get bored of it . Except my wife others are not supportive of it. The problem is men have very little options of wearing long hair. I invite forums suggestion on this.

My hair is 32 inches long
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 10:52am
I'm sorry Vivek this world would be so much better if we execpted people for who they are and didn't criticize people for being different.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by vivek vivek wrote:

hai friends i have a long hair and very rarely i get bored of it . Except my wife others are not supportive of it. The problem is men have very little options of wearing long hair. I invite forums suggestion on this.

My hair is 32 inches long

Are you prepared to accept the consequences of your choices?  If so, then you are ready to do what you want.  It is up to you to find your own confidence -- nobody can give it to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic