Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 Shoulder Length Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 10:11pm
Hey Everyone,

So glad to have found this site. my goodness. i want to take part in the challenge too. better late than never right.

i wash my hair 2x a wk. I have incorporated some stuff i found on this site too.

pre-poo with a new recipe i learned on this site EVOO+ conditioner
I just got some mane and tail products
So I Mane & Tail with Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner.
Then I use M&T detangler
M&T Hair Strengthener
M&T revitalizing Creme
WGO added to the roots.

Blow dry- but i air dried my hair ooh so soft.

once a month Fantasia IC Pure Tea 100% to clarify

I know i am using one product but i heard that this can sometimes be good. any suggestions?
oh by the way, sometimes when i don't have time i use Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo. it makes my hair feel so nice for the in betweens.

http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 9:10am
I'ld like to say WELCOME to :Kathye, Kellie7777 &  MrsGrissom, Good Luck!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 6:31pm
Thanks Beautywitch

I have been reading everthing. so I can to get my hair back in shape.

And i must say your hair is gorgeous, i checked out your pics.
Last Relaxer Apr 06
Luvlybelizean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 9:10pm
welcome kellie,  your regime sounds very put together  its so hard to stay to one product because the many products out there.  im currently working on my fotki album make sure , if you can find the time, to use a home or online journal if you dont have one.
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven
chanellenumbah5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanellenumbah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 12:19pm
How is the growing going ladies? I just wanted to update. I have only been on the HHJ for a little over 2 months now. I measured yesterday and I have 1" of new growth in the front, 2" in the top, and 1/2" in the back.    I'm so excited! I plan on stretching for at least another 3-4 weeks.

Edited by chanellenumbah5 - July 14 2006 at 12:21pm

http://public.fotki.com/chanellenumbah5/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 11:52pm
Well Luvlybelizean, I tried to stick with one product line and see what works. Buy the smallest size and see how it works out is my motto. LOL!

Today though i decided to dumped the M&T Hair Oil Strengthener out of my regime after reading the ingredients.  Instead I mixed coconut Oil/rosewater/Water/Glycerin and Almond Oil together in the bottle, shake it real good and applied to my hair. Nice and soft.
Once my M&T is gone though I will look into other stuff. I read Cathy Howse book and she suggested changing shampoos ever so often. And from the posts I have seen on the site, it seems like many people already do that.
i was checking this website http://www.carolsdaughter.com. I used to buy products from here before they are really nice. I stopped because of the shipping to Canada is just outrageous.
Once my M&T are all gone I will shop here for a few things.

Last Relaxer Apr 06
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 5:35pm
Ladies I think I'm there but I don't want to call it until I get another inch, I caved and had a relaxer today (wanted to wait for christmas) and a little trim, my hair looks great both my stylists couldn't believe it, they kept going on and on about how long my hair had grown. I'm so happy and I have a nice ponytail now, (jumps up and down) Crown and Glory rocks!
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 5:25pm

Kellie i was planning on buying most of my products from M&T, after i take down my (C&G) braids whats the problem with the ingredients. i want to use the deep shampoo/co as my protien treatment, this shouldnt be a proble ...right. also i wanted to use the olive oil creme but only if it is not protien based.

As to the cathy howse book, i have yet to read it( just plain ole, broke right now ) i did read the commentary on her book, its a must read for me. i love reading b/c i learn so much by doing this.

are you familiar with Caroline gray,  OMG her hair is gorgeously looooong, and i believe her book helps with regimes and she also has a guideline for products  http://www.blackwomansguide.com/systmpl/helloandwelcome2/ 

Edited by Luvlybelizean - July 28 2006 at 5:26pm
"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 5:31pm
Congrats on the new growth Angel baby and ms chanelle 
are you ladies braiding or weaving for growth. how ya doing this ? cuz it seems a couple of us are on the same page lenght wise, when my hair is comb straight back its the same lenght as Chanelle's  and Myself and Kellie are doing the crown and glory method.** dont worry im uploading pics to my fotki!!)

it is inspiring to know who exactly is ddoing something similar.

Edited by Luvlybelizean - July 28 2006 at 5:32pm
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 1:03am
still working on it . I'm on day 8 of wearing cornrows. Trying to make it 21 days to 30 days.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Angel28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Luvlybelizean Luvlybelizean wrote:

Congrats on the new growth Angel baby and ms chanelle 
are you ladies braiding or weaving for growth. how ya doing this ? cuz it seems a couple of us are on the same page lenght wise, when my hair is comb straight back its the same lenght as Chanelle's  and Myself and Kellie are doing the crown and glory method.** dont worry im uploading pics to my fotki!!)

it is inspiring to know who exactly is ddoing something similar.

Thanks girl, I am braidng and boy has it worked my hair has never been this long, I'm going to baby my hair, deep condition for a few weeks then its back to braids. I love this method. low to no manipulation is what keeps the hair on my head
Successful haircare is a journey,not a destination
kriticalkare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriticalkare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 9:33pm

Seven or eight years ago I wore box braids for a year (didn't know I was doing C&G) and boy was my hair strong and healthy and my hair grew to a length it had never been before, unfourtunately all I did was wash and rebraid, no conditioning, treatments, leave ins...

Since June 1 I have worn cornrows and box braids, but this time around I have been using M-T-G mixed with surge and castor oil. I also have been using WGO, tea tree oil in my poo's and conditioner and MN. Although I was never one to pamper my hair, it's been pretty healthy except for my bald temples (they never grow).  I am all natural and not sure what length to call my hair. I measured from the center of my hair line back to where my hair ends..probably not the right technique but it measures 17 inches. Is this neck length, brushing SL, SL?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 9:14am
Originally posted by kellie7777 kellie7777 wrote:

Thanks Beautywitch

I have been reading everthing. so I can to get my hair back in shape.

And i must say your hair is gorgeous, i checked out your pics.
Thank you! Yes there is a lot of helpful information here and you will have your hair in the healthiest state it can possible be in no time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 9:23am
Originally posted by kriticalkare kriticalkare wrote:

I measured from the center of my hair line back to where my hair ends..probably not the right technique but it measures 17 inches. Is this neck length, brushing SL, SL?

Well it's different for everyone, it all depends on how tall you are. Most people measure from the hairline (at your forehead) to the ends of the hair. That's how I do it and shoulder length for me is 18 inches. This post might be helpful... http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93028 
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 1:25pm
Well...although I am not in the challenge I would say...if your hair is tightyly coiled or curly, then you measure your hair by pulling a strand straight. 

However, even though people use the method above, it doesn't make sense to me.  I would measure the longest section...so let's say it's your nape area that touches your shoulder I would say your hair is shoulder length. Just the same for BSL...if your longest layer touches your Bra Strap then I would say you are bra strap.  Just my thoughts...sorry to disturb the scene!

Happy Growing Ladies!!!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

kriticalkare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriticalkare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 8:59pm
Thanks cmesweet,  I am growing out layers and my nape area is slightly below my shoulders and with that....on to APL 2007!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanellenumbah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 3:32pm
Thanks luvly, I have been braiding or weaving. Just co washes 5 x week, rollersets and bun. I've been having some breakage lately so I'm hoping I will still retain some of my length

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 12:59pm
Chanelle your not alone w/ the damage:( how is MTG?

I took down my braids and noticed a small bald spot, i think this is the smoothest part of my kninky natural head LoL.

boy was i scared when i saw this i hope it grows back real soon eventhough its not that visible. i think its because i saw a little pepermint essence, not oil and i applied it to the side to feel that "tingilng" stuff . i just realized it was a concentrated portion it was not diluted with water or anything, it was way too strong but i felt the tingles. NO MORE PEPPERMINT ESSENCE ONLY OILS

Other than this my hair is very strong, when i did my last relaxer april06, i had lost the center hairs of my head, now that part is 2" of natural  growth. Another reason to go natural!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 7:25pm
BeautyWitch that posting you provided there was hilarious, i was cracking up!

well i have been getting breakage too. i have been doing my regime. pre-pooing and deep treating etc.
i switch to CON shampoo and have been using cholestrol for deep treatments. i stopped the MT shampoo and cond for now. i am only using the MTG.
i have been doing the chinese bumps and i found that i my hair was still shedding ALOT!
What to do.....

what is a co-wash BTW?
Last Relaxer Apr 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanellenumbah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 2:17pm
Luvly, glad to hear about your new growth! Making me think about transitioning . I haven't used the MTG in a while. I've been having breakage for about a month now, (not due to the MTG) so I want to get that under control before I use it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic