Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to prevent tangles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 7:07am
That's the main reason I hate sleeping with my hair in a ponytail or braid.  Its otherwise straight so I get either the one bump, or 3 or 4 waves with the rest of it straight.  Sometimes I just sleep with it down to avoid that and deal with the tangles (which I'm sure ain't that great).  I sleep in those Pony-O things that I think are made for kids, but they are terrycloth and good for hair.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Yoda Yoda wrote:

While you guys are on the subject of scrunchies... Have you ever pulled your hair back into a pony tail: loose, tight, high up, low down - but no matter how you put it...you always end up with this really stubborn "bump" or wave in the back of your head? I have straight hair and it happens all the time. Are there any ways to prevent that or is it just something we have to live with if we want to wear our hair in a scrunchie (or hair tie/pony tail etc)?

Not sure if I understand the phenomenon you describe.  Whenever I make a ponytail, I comb the hair toward the spot where I want the tail to be.  It helps align the strands so that there are no lumps; bonus is that the weight is distributed evenly among the strands so there is no noticeable tension on the strands.
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 5:52pm
I usually just throw it up in a pony tail (without brushing through it and everything). I think I'll try it your way next time. But, my hair's a little stubborn, so I'll probably still end up with the bump.LOL

Edited by Yoda - September 30 2006 at 5:53pm
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 8:01pm
Hi Yoda,

Any luck lately avoiding the bump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic