Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new fringe (pics!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 11:33am
Your hair looks great, Rini, despite that b***h!  I've had them say crazy things, too. 

It's an odd phenomenon that so many hairdressers find it acceptable to be rude when it wouldn't be tolerated in any other service areas.  I haven't been to one in years.  I only trust myself or my sister.
2b/F/ii
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 7:26pm
Update on the fringe: I'm growing it out again! LOL Yeah, I know...don't say it!

Actually, I really do like the fringe and I think it looks good on me, but I'm just not coping with having to use spray on it after going so long without using any styling products.  Also, I had just gotten used to having the SNF (scary naked forehead) and now I really MISS it! 

But it's OK, I'm just clipping it back the same way I used to and you can't tell I had it cut.  And on the odd special occasion when I want to wear it down, I can do so much easier now that it's shorter.

Lesson that was learned:  if you're not sure about doing something to your hair, do it and then you'll know if you like it or not.  And then remember what you like and don't make the same mistake again!!!

Thanks for bearing with me folks Wacko

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 8:40am
LOL, that's funny!  It'll grow out.

I know I've said it many times before, but I do love the color of your hair.  Next to my Jennifer's hair, it's right up there on top ;-).

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 9:01am
I've done it several times myself, cut it then grow it out again! Wacko You probably don't need to spray it if that's the part of it you hate, I have a fringe and I never put anything in it.  Its not sideswept, like the current style is, it just hangs, but I still think I look a lot better with it, and I don't have to do anything with it.  Either way, you look great both ways so whatever you choose will be great for you!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 9:03pm
Hey Rini, np, whatever you want, we're here to support you. Smile  Glad to hear that the fringe is working for you now, whether it's back or down.

SNF?  Foreheads are underrated.

".... All we are saying.... is give foreheads a chance."   ( hee hee LOL )

I like the lesson you mention.  The challenge of course is remembering it when those doubts creep up.

whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 1:08pm

Naked foreheads unite!

Miss Rini - a well thought through desicion, at least as you are in the inbetween stage and you have two choices on how to wear it!

I kept a fringe through high school and i always felt like i was not revealing my true self, like my personality was hiding behide my fringe (boo!)
Having a naked forehead makes me feel more confident, optomistic and lets your true self shine through!

Does anyone else feel the same or have i overdone the sugar today?!LOL
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by whhoiskad whhoiskad wrote:

Naked foreheads unite!

Miss Rini - a well thought through desicion, at least as you are in the inbetween stage and you have two choices on how to wear it!

I kept a fringe through high school and i always felt like i was not revealing my true self, like my personality was hiding behide my fringe (boo!)
Having a naked forehead makes me feel more confident, optomistic and lets your true self shine through!

Does anyone else feel the same or have i overdone the sugar today?!LOL

You're not alone, Kate -- I'm with you all the way! (and I have not OD'ed on sugar today, LOL )

I think bangs can look good (occasionally better than without), but I usually prefer the no-bangs look.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

SNF?  Foreheads are underrated.
".... All we are saying.... is give foreheads a chance."   ( hee hee LOL )

THANKS, DAVE!!LOL I have the biggest, baddest, scariest naked forehead of anyone. But it's MY forehead, and I'm sticking with it!!Big%20smile (hey, I don't see a SNF smiley anywhere.......)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic