Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair community Hijacked?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Amy87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 4:57pm
I'm trying the backdoor now. I saw those were posted before the hacking incident, and thought they were just for connection problems and such. I assumed that if the site had been hacked they had taken over the whole site. And if it's just the homepage, why can't I get in through my bookmark for the forums? My bookmark never takes me to the homepage, just the forums, but it doesn't work since the hack.

And while we're on the subject, why on earth would someone hack a hair site?? I could see if it was some kind of political or activist site but we're just a bunch of women comparing shampoo for gosh sakes, lol.

Okay, YAY! the back door worked. I can calm down now.

AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 4:34pm

Has anyone tried the links I posted?!?! The back door instructions may only work if you have Windows XP

Actually, the website isn't down, it's just the homepage. That's why many of us are using the "back door"

There are still a lot of us posting there
Amy87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 10:15am
Thanks Dave. I'm a regualr visitor and sporatic poster at LHC. I had just hit 100 posts the other day and was excited I could finally look at the photo gallery.

My hair is in the growing out stages. It was just past BSL when I cut it off into a very short pixie. It's now down to just below my shoulders (when wet or when I straighten it, just touching my shoulders when I let it dry natural because it's very curly.)

I just hope they can get the site back soon Cry

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 10:47pm
Nice to "see" you here, cichlid/always_alone... based on your current measurement it would seem that your hair growth is coming along very well!

Welcome Amy87, would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself and your hair?

always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 9:22pm
cichlid here...

Yeah, LHC was down all day. I have the forums link bookmarked. It confused me but when I typed in the main page only then did I see that it got hacked. The Beauty Bottle got hacked again as well. Cry

I may not have posted much lately in the forums there...but I've still been on the site quite a bit almost everyday.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Amy87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 8:16pm
This is driving me crazy, I love that forum and can spend hours just reading there. Is there any word on whether they are  working on getting it back up or a temporary meeting place for us members until things are straightened out?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 7:28pm
It appears that the Domain Name Server entries for the site were corrupted (to point to a different IP address) by spygrup.org, which is registered in Turkey.  Website owner is named "Burak Kaya" and email address is bykruis@gmail.com with phone number 90.5367824223.  A criminal just waiting for arrest and prosecution...

Edited by DaveDecker - January 05 2007 at 7:29pm
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 4:39pm
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 4:23pm
Some of you are familiar with the other site " longhair community"  I tried to go there and it has been hacked by the hack team looks like Russians?  Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic