Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THE RANDOM ROOM/QUESTIONS HERE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 157>
Author
sir-waves-alot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sir-waves-alot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 1:52pm
Lmao.....the only female barber I'd let cut my hair is......"deb" from "mtv's tha shop" she was beyond sick with tha clippers....she lined my man tony yayo up nicely.....and gave "teddy" the ill line-up
TEAM BLACK SPINNAS.....I tell my barber make my cut extra fresh.....I got some hoes I'm checking out 2nite lol
cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by sir-waves-alot sir-waves-alot wrote:

Lmao.....the only female barber I'd let cut my hair is......"deb" from "mtv's tha shop" she was beyond sick with tha clippers....she lined my man tony yayo up nicely.....and gave "teddy" the ill line-up

I'll have to roll with you on that one.
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 4:15pm

Damn...i've never seen that show. (don't have cable here at home). But i can't actually answer that question about swimmin cuz i haven't swam since i started wavin (even though i have my lifeguard license) lol. Though i heard that you need to wash your hair out soon as you can after you get out the water (that night should be fine if u brush a lot. Especially if its salt water.)

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 5:15pm
The chlorine in pool water and/or salt in ocean water will dry out your hair. 

After you've finished swimming, wash and condition your hair, then apply a moisturizer, and brush vigorously.  After that, put on your wave cap(s) or durag and you should be fine.

Edited by wave connection - May 12 2007 at 5:31pm
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 5:21pm

Well yeah I always shower  after the pool and I always wash and condition my hair, and after a shower I always moisturize and du rag/wave cap so I'm in good shape. Thanks

25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 6:10pm
Guys there is a head gear that you can wear to to protect your hair from the water
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 6:21pm

yea, but it would look a lil homo with a guy wearin one of those swimmin caps that girls wear

Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 6:46pm
true that i just wore my du rag
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 7:22pm
a du ruag's not gonna stop your hair from gettin chlorine or salt water in it. it'll just keep ur hair in tact better. but that's not the main problem...the chlorine and salt water is so you might as well not wear a du rag. plus it'll look funny anywayz. *imagines myself usin my du rag method while swimming* LOL

Edited by King Cash - May 12 2007 at 7:23pm

cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 8:32pm
lol! that would be crazy
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

StarBaller22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarBaller22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 9:27pm
RANDOM THOUGHT: how many of u hav had ur hair screwed up by a "Hair stylist" at Great Clips?
still holdin' b-boy crown @ school
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

yea, but it would look a lil homo with a guy wearin one of those swimmin caps that girls wear

Man, forget that. When I was in high school, it was mandatory to wear swim caps. Besides if you want to wear one just wear it. The worst thing that can happen is someone talking about you.
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 1:15am
Originally posted by StarBaller22 StarBaller22 wrote:

RANDOM THOUGHT: how many of u hav had ur hair screwed up by a "Hair stylist" at Great Clips?

Happened to me the first time i ever been there and it was my last. Went there when i just moved here in sac about 5 years ago since i didn't know were the barbershops were yet. Went there and this asian lady f**ked my hair up. I asked for like a 1.5 on top and 1 on the sides, n she was like u want a fffade in her asian accent so i was like yea pretty much. She f**ked my sh*t up once she was done. I looked at the hand mirror and was in shock that i literally looked like a clown. I was mad and she was panicking so i said even it all up instead, so she did and washed my hair (shampooed and conditioned it) that was the only good thing. Dont ever go there! espicially asian ladies cant cut for sh!t!

Edited by JaySole - May 13 2007 at 1:18am
Personal Record: 6-0!
cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 1:23am
A lot of experienced Barbers still can't even cut a straight line. One side is always shorter than the other. So if you can find one who can, then stick with them.

Edited by cm0t0wn1 - May 13 2007 at 1:25am
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 1:33am
Originally posted by cm0t0wn1 cm0t0wn1 wrote:

A lot of experienced Barbers still can't even cut a straight line. One side is always shorter than the other. So if you can find one who can, then stick with them.

It depends on your head lining formation, some are easier than others.
Personal Record: 6-0!
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 7:58am

cosign w/ cm0...but we have a barbershop owned by my campus and it sucks!! only one guy in there can cut and the line's usually 2 hours for him. But i went to this other guy in there my freshman year and he took my hairline back an inch on both sides!! plus the blades where overheated (cuz he was usin em all day) plus he was pressin a lil hard and he left my hairline with semi permanent burn marks i had a scab the next morning. after usin moderma and cocoa butter it finally went away about a year later! I still got a dark mark on my hairline in the back. The funny thing is that he offered me my money back and said that the next haircut is on him! LOL but i went to the owner and told him that if he doesn't want a lawsuit crawlin up his a** he'd fire that barber and give me all the money he made that day. that $227 was good but i still was pissed. But yea the barber got fired cuz he messed another guy's cut up a couple days b4. If i wasn't in college and tryin to get my degree i would've done somethin to catch an assault & battery charge :-(

cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 9:18am
Just because they say their a barber, have a certificate, and work in a shop. Don't mean they know how to cut.
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 9:25am
some barbers don't even pay any attention in barber school and they f*ck up your cut
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 10:14am

There's a whole lot of barbers in Chicago that can't cut worth a Censored. I had this one guy cut me when I was younger and he would sit across the street in his car waiting for customers. I found out why he hid in his car. The man took my lining back and then tried to charge extra for fixing my hair. Then I had another guy that I called "the head molester". The whole time the man was cutting my hair he kept feeling on my head. I finally got up like damn dude stop feeling on my damn head. I ended up having to leave with no lining.

kupkup61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kupkup61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 10:16am
wuld it be ok to use s-curl activator, and let's jam orange top? also wut do it mean to get a cut with the grain?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 157>
  Share Topic