Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ann Curry
    Posted: September 08 2008 at 4:21pm
I thought her hair looked great in these two photos: full in terms of volume and well-adapted to her needs.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 12:29am
Agree looks great.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 6:20am
I disagree, and the second picture shows why. It's not a bad cut, and in the first pic frames her face nicely and adds fullness.

But see in the second where it's behind her ears, with one piece kinda hanging out awkwardly around her left ear? To me, that's the instant the style gets ruined, as it gets in her way and has to be tamed with the ear tuck, which throws of the balance, pulls the top volume flat, and just like that seems bland. And since it usually only survives for a few seconds before the ear tuck, that blandness represents how it looks most of the time.

I've been a bit bummed since her major chop a couple of years ago that she hasn't tried an alternate style from this, especially when so many good ones are floating around right now, and many of those wouldn't require the perpetual style-ruining ear tuck.

Just one curlyfan's opinion....
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2008 at 12:03am
Heck I miss the long hair.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 3:09am
More good pictures of a style that really suits her.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 12:09am
Anyone who has seen Ann Curry over the last couple of weeks, will have seen the bob growing out somewhat.

Now it looks like she's gone one step further and--at least temporarily--abandoned the bob.

Possibly in the shorter term the bob looked better, but this could be leading somewhere interesting.
think_tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote think_tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 9:02am
I think longer works better for her, it's more mature looking and she's a bit older so I think it's more appropriate. I womanly rather than almost trying to be cute with the short hair, I think...
think_tom neolight hair
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 9:03pm
Is this still a bob?

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 12:43am
I like it longer also. Thank you Fat for that pic.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:11am

I agree, longer hair suits her nicely

shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 6:08am
she looked very nice last night and dressing in black suits her nicely
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2008 at 9:34pm
Not a bob anymore?

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 5:16am
I hate hair put behind the ears, unless it is a short, short cut.  Tends to look sort of like a mullet.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 7:01am
From bob to blah...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 11:50am
I don't like tha longer hair on her
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 10:22pm
Better here?

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 11:43pm
Is she on the grow? Or just waiting to get it cut again?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Is she on the grow? Or just waiting to get it cut again?

Who knows?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:57pm
It cracks me up when Ann has well-styled hair first thing in the morning and has a mess on her head by the end of the show, if not sooner. I didn't see today's show live, but it could have happened today. It happens a lot.

And in case any of you want to be reminded how glorious Ann looks with long hair, check this out:

Who has more fun than people?
sureshamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sureshamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 5:46am
 Perhaps, hair style is best suited to her physical beauty.
s.kumar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic