Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ionic Hair Dryers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ionic Hair Dryers
    Posted: September 04 2002 at 11:40am
I am interested in purchasing an ionic hair dryer. Does this type of dryer leave hair looking full or flatter than using a regular dryer. Would like to hear comments on brand preference.
Marina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2002 at 10:24am
I bought one after reading on this board how wounderfull this dryers are. I used it only 5 times and so far I can say that my hair feels much softer, but it is kind of baby soft when it is not holding the style as well and doesn`t keep straight. I think I need to adjust the styling products I use with this dryer. I made my husband test it (his hair is curly and freezy) and he claims to see the difference in softness as well. Oh, it is also dryes your hair faster.

I got the dryer from Sally`s, it was and still is on sale. I checked a couple of them before in K-Mart, and didn`t see much difference between the brands, it is just options preference. I like to have turnable nozzle and 2 different heat setting; and all of the ionic have dryers seem to have the same negative side of being heavier than the regular dryers.

Tonight I have to go for a company function and I plan to use my old regular dryer since I still cannot make my hair to look as nice with ionic as I did with the regular one.

dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 7:36pm
I have owned an ionic hair dryer for probably the last year. I have long, naturally curly hair that I always blow dry and then straighten with a flat iron. Switching to an ionic blow dryer has done wonders with split ends! I usually let my hair air dry until I am ready to blow dry, so it doesn't take any longer than my normal previous dryer. It has 3 heat settings and 3 blowing settings...so the heat is never an issue. Infact, I have always left it on "Medium" heat, and have never put it on "hot" heat setting. I would say my hair is fuller after using this dryer, however I then use a flat iron to straighten it. I will definitely buy another when something happens to this one!

Product Junkie7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Product Junkie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 9:52pm
I don't see much difference in the ion. I think I have more frizz with the ion than without.
Knowledge is Power
Endlessnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endlessnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 5:10am
I would never go back to a "non-ion" dryer after using this one for about a year. I cannot see a difference in my hair, but definitely feel one. Feels softer & smoother...

EN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic