Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Watereed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watereed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair poll
    Posted: February 10 2004 at 2:17pm
Hi, Im new here. Ive been reading posts but ive not written any until now. I was curous as to how long everyones hair actualy is here. Mine is 30 inches long useing the forehead to ends method and very straight blond.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 2:51pm
It is 26 inches, using the same mode of measurement.
Uzi

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 7:05pm
Using the same measurement technique, I am at 67 inches. But hey, I am 6 feet tall.
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 7:23pm
Hi waterweed, welcome to the board! Your hair sounds pretty from the description. I don't know the actual measurement of mine, but it's about an inch past my shoulders and has a lot of growing to do.
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 10:26pm
I don't know the exact measurement of mine either, but it's BSL when I leave it naturally wavy/curly and slightly longer when I straighten it.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 11:40am
40 inches using the same method. It's straight anyway, so that doen't make a difference.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Nicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2004 at 11:32pm
Last I checked, it was ~47" from hairline to ends, mildly wavy/curly, and hangs to my upper-mid thighs.
catt_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2004 at 9:33am
Mine is a bit beyond 61"--which is approaching my ankles since I'm only 5'.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2004 at 10:38am
33 inches, or 84 centimeters.
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
TheaEvanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheaEvanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2004 at 2:47am
My hair is just too short - BSL. I can't measure just now since yesterday I braided 16 small braids for an imitation-perm this evening.
Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 2:34pm
My hair is about 40 inches or 1 meter long.
Anne-Loes
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 7:13pm
Same way of measuring, it's 23 inches (keeping track in my sig). I'm a tad shorter than 5ft, and it's just a bit wavy.
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 11:03am
Almost 31½" measured the typical way... from front hairline. My hair falls at my hips. I'm 5'4½"

VIneman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VIneman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 2:55pm
;_; My hair is only about 10 inches long at most. I want it to be atl east 20...
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 3:32pm
Mine is about 32 inches. Although I'm getting ready to have a couple inches cut off to give me a blunt cut on Friday.

Amanda, our hair is quite similiar looking, the only difference is where it falls. Mine is about at my waist as I'm 5'8.5"
Michele Patton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michele Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 10:34pm
This is my first time posting on this site. I am 5'2" and my hair is a little past my waist. I would feel naked if I didn't have my long hair.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2004 at 9:24pm
Hi Michele, and welcome to the board... I think we can relate to your appreciation for long hair.

Just want to say "thanks!" to everyone who has shared their responses here. This has been a fun poll. Good idea for a topic, Watereed!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:52am
I've never measured my hair before! Since it's in layers, I thought the best way to try this would be to just simply measure the back of my hair in a straight line from bottom to top (but not extending up to the crown/very top of my head. I got 22 inches like that.

Can someone explain the forehead method please? Thanks!
[/url]

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

Can someone explain the forehead method please? Thanks!

Hi Elissa!

Take the tape measure and place the "zero" at the hairline of your forehead at the point where you have (or would have) a center part. From there, go back over the top/crown of your head, and from there to the ends. Sure, it adds about 6 inches, more or less to the actual length of the longest strands on your head, but it does give a reference point from which to get consistent and comparable measurements for hair length.

Hope that makes sense... ?
Caill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2004 at 2:40pm
Hi all!
My hair is about 30 inches long. So at around 6 foot tall it is about 3/4's of the way down my back! And I have been growing it for years! And to the girls that that have their photo in their post, your hair is lovely! My hair is about the same colour! I get high lights so I'm quite blonde at the ends. My nat colour is starting to go darker.
Love the site!
Love my long hair! Hehe!
Caill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic