Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mom`s who want hair cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lauren87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mom`s who want hair cut
    Posted: December 30 2001 at 3:08pm
I completely understand how you feel everyone. i had hair that nearly touched my butt, I had been growing it since I can remember and never had hair shorter than about my lower back. Well my mom informed me in August that when I went to highschool I would be going with my hair above my shoulders, no questions asked, and that unless it looked horrible, it would not again reach below my shoulders until I was 18. The crying and threatening did not help, and she thought I was acting nuts. So she decided she would do it herself so I wouldn`t embarrass her in public. Then she wouldn`t let me keep the ponytail so she threw it away infront of me and then made me go to a salon and not I have blonde hair about chin legnth with short layers. i`ve had to go back 3 times since then to maintain the legnth and each time I think about how beautiful my hair would be now. i`m workin on getting her to let me grow it but either way it will be hard to get it how it was. i cry often, esppecially when I see other girls with their long hair who don`t have my problem. Girls, I know how parents are dont let them bother you.
Lauren xXx
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2001 at 3:22pm
I recommend a full outfit of leather and studs - maybe a collar or two...wags
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2001 at 4:52am
Reply to message: 7.1401.1
I feel so sorry for you Lauren, I can`t understand why parent`s would ever do that to their children, it just seems so cruel to me. Please know that there are lots of people out there who are really sympathetic to you and your terrible loss and I for one feel for you immensely.

And once you are old enough, I hope that you totally get back at your mother by growing all of your long hair back and flaunt it in her face, knowing that she can`t make you cut it again!

Best wishes,

John
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2001 at 11:57am
Reply to message: 7.1405.1
Let`s see: whose moms fit the abusive list so far: Rachel A, Karen, McKee, Lauren, that`s four.
Sick. And it`s a whole new millenium. If I were the spouse of any of these women, there would
be protection coming, in big quantities! I wonder if these mothers watch Oprah, because the
recent "Get Real Challenge" with good ol` Dr. Phil showed the terrible effects of such controlling
parents. Maybe you can get counselling. Someone mentioned to go to your school councellor -
that`s a great idea. You girls should go there for advice. Are there other abusive behaviors in
your lives?
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2001 at 4:22pm
Reply to message: 7.1406.1
Hey Duke you got a good idea there, these girls can write to Oprah or Jenny Jones and there moms can be on the show and duke it out on live t.v. maybe then one of the two will come up with a comprmise.
ashley_spinelli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashley_spinelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2001 at 6:36pm
Reply to message: 7.1407.1
quote:

shorthair75_2000 originally wrote:
Reply to message: 7.1406.1
Hey Duke you got a good idea there, these girls can write to Oprah or Jenny Jones and there moms can be on the show and duke it out on live t.v. maybe then one of the two will come up with a comprmise.

Yeah right they would have to exist for that to happen. Actually, that may not be a bad idea because most of those people on those shows are also full of it

Maybe they can do a sick hair fetisher posing as a teenage girl so they can get their jollies show. that would be about 75% of these people anyway.

AS
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2002 at 12:11am
Reply to message: 7.1408.1
Thanks for the laughs Ashley, When i read your posts I just get a simile on my face. Would be an intresting show none the less be right up there with the shit they have on now. And if it`s real and a cat fight breaks out amoung mother and daughter that would be cool to see, just like Jerry Springer Show. And Ashley Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Iceman4757 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman4757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2002 at 9:02pm
How about they put them on the Jerry Springer show and have Steve give the mothers his famous supper dupper haircut! Im sure they would think twice before forcing their daughters to cut their hair!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2002 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Iceman4757 Iceman4757 wrote:

How about they put them on the Jerry Springer show and have Steve give the mothers his famous supper dupper haircut! Im sure they would think twice before forcing their daughters to cut their hair!

Yeah give all the mothers forced haircuts but let the daughters do the cutting as revenge. then see these mothers force another haircut or style on there daughters. A head shave would be good, and maybe use nair hair remover instead of shave cream, that way the mothers will be bald awhile and have a constant reminder of there forced balding and think twice about doing it to there childern.
Bugger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2002 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Iceman4757 Iceman4757 wrote:

I totally agree with u on the mothers getting the supper dupper Steveie cut, definatle get the point acrossed. and yes my mother is also one of these women.
anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 4:59pm
I`ve talked with friends and my Mom about this.

The sad thing is that many of these mothers
were abused in this way when they were children.
When similar events occur to their children that
cause them to get their hair cut, they repeat the
same reaction.

Stylists should make a big fuss when a parent
tries to do this. Unless there`s a medical reason
they should require a consent form to be
signed by all guardians, a 7 day waiting period
and a consultation with the salon owner.

If nothing else, it`s unfair on other customers to
see someone else suffer in this way.

McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by anonymous anonymous wrote:

I've talked with friends and my Mom about this.

The sad thing is that many of these mothers
were abused in this way when they were children.
When similar events occur to their children that
cause them to get their hair cut, they repeat the
same reaction.

Stylists should make a big fuss when a parent
tries to do this. Unless there's a medical reason
they should require a consent form to be
signed by all guardians, a 7 day waiting period
and a consultation with the salon owner.

If nothing else, it's unfair on other customers to
see someone else suffer in this way.

Alright, I have to agree with the comment that was stated in the previous post about the abuse. My mom told me that her hair was about mid back length and then she misbehaved and as punishment her mother had her haircut to her chin... guess those things just are never forgotten.
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 5:13pm
Thank you for sharing that extra information with us, McKee. That shows how serious this issue is.
The post by Lauren is a particularly poignant instance of your plight. Listen, I might be able to give all of you a few pieces of advice about how to survive this situation better. Please e-mail me (piobmhorca@yahoo.ca). One more thing. I am mediating a forum on the National Youth Rights Organization website (www.youthrights.org) about the rights of young people in relation to their parents. Anyone, check us out.

Colonel John Doe
Commanding Officer, the Cameron Highlanders Militia for Freedom and Democracy
molkettie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molkettie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 8:49am
Has anyone considered standing up to their mothers, for crying out loud??!!
She isn`t going to kill you!! In fact, she`ll respect you for it- all this abuse talk is nonsense, the whole idea is completely melodramatic. If you consider this petty thing abuse, I don`t know how you`d react to a lot of things that do actually happen in households all over the world.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 12:23pm
Molikete, when we say this is abuse, we don`t mean to detract from things like rape. We want to EXPAND
the notion of abuse. These girls must feel helpless. Their mothers are either blackmailing them with love or
plain them by emotional power, threat of punishment, whatever. And for what? For mom`s simple preference for short hair to be imposed. The mother either cares more about seeing her daughter short-haired than seeing her happy. Or she thinks that her daughter will be happy just because mom thinks she looks nice. It`s time people recognize that abuse is not just physical injury. This psychological assault should be recognized for what it is - emotional abuse. Re-read Lauren`s post above. It`s perhaps the most poignant on this topic so far. And yes, I am horrified by all other forms of abuse.
Molkettie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molkettie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2002 at 3:26am
The fundamental point of my post was about emotional abuse and torture. I am speaking from experience in that my mother made me cut my lower-back length thick beautiful caramel hair right the way up, the longest length above my ears, which I`m sure is worse than cuttiing it into a bob or whatever else anyone is complaining about- the effect of that has remained with me up until now (17) and I`m sure it will never fade.

I`m just saying that you are really overusing the word `abuse` in the context of a bit of parental bullying- it is extremely insensitive and dangerous to use that word when it is far more suitable and rational to apply it to much stronger circumstances, emotional or physical.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2002 at 10:10am
This last post is very ironic. On one hand, you describe your own example of this inconsiderate
treatment and rightly call it "bullying" - on the other, you find it "insensitive and dangerous" to call
it abuse. But what is bullying but abuse, especially when it comes from the very person who should be
the most fundamentally caring and nurturing person in your life? You bet that`s abuse, and calling it
by its right name does not detract from things like battering and rape. It just adds to making a more
respectful society. You say the effect has remained with you up to now yet you talk about "stronger
circumstances". My friend, I think you should look yourself in the eye and admit you`ve been hurt.
And consider that what is a "stronger" circumstance to one person may be a "weaker" one to another.
Some people would rather be beaten with a gunbelt than be forced to cut their hair. Do you come from
a Southern state where "whuppin`" children is common and encouraged?

I also find it ironic that you tell these girls to stand up to their mothers, yet you yourself were put
through a drastic haircut. Could you please tell us a bit more about the experience? What reasons
did your mom give for making you cut your hair, if any, and did she let you grow it back? Please describe
what happened.

Just what is it with these moms, anyway? All of a sudden they decide their daughters should have
their long hair done away with? What kind of person would do this? The answer can not be too
complex - someone who is stupidly insensitive, controlling or even sadistic.

Colonel Doe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2002 at 10:10am
This last post is very ironic. On one hand, you describe your own example of this inconsiderate
treatment and rightly call it "bullying" - on the other, you find it "insensitive and dangerous" to call
it abuse. But what is bullying but abuse, especially when it comes from the very person who should be
the most fundamentally caring and nurturing person in your life? You bet that`s abuse, and calling it
by its right name does not detract from things like battering and rape. It just adds to making a more
respectful society. You say the effect has remained with you up to now yet you talk about "stronger
circumstances". My friend, I think you should look yourself in the eye and admit you`ve been hurt.
And consider that what is a "stronger" circumstance to one person may be a "weaker" one to another.
Some people would rather be beaten with a gunbelt than be forced to cut their hair. Do you come from
a Southern state where "whuppin`" children is common and encouraged?

I also find it ironic that you tell these girls to stand up to their mothers, yet you yourself were put
through a drastic haircut. Could you please tell us a bit more about the experience? What reasons
did your mom give for making you cut your hair, if any, and did she let you grow it back? Please describe
what happened.

Just what is it with these moms, anyway? All of a sudden they decide their daughters should have
their long hair done away with? What kind of person would do this? The answer can not be too
complex - someone who is stupidly insensitive, controlling or even sadistic.

Colonel Doe
Rachel B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2002 at 12:42am
well,my mum never really forced me 2 get my hair cut,but if she did i wouldnt agree anyway.the only thing that would happen is that my mum would give me a lecture during the car ride home,continue it in my room while i nap,& if she gets mad a few slaps on my face will do & after a few minutes its like nothing happened.im getting used 2 this.
molkettie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molkettie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2002 at 6:01am
Firstly, can I point out I do NOT come from a Southern State where a beating is common behaviour- I come from England, UK- where even smacking is illegal.
Myabe you have misinterpreted some of my terminology here by presuming I am American and use the same phrases for the same intention.
Having my hair cut so short at such a critical point in my life was just part of it- an experience that I`m sure a lot of girls encounter. Granted, it is emotionally painful at the time and can strike up certain complexes in later life- but in my opinion, I think `abuse` is too strong a word for such a situation. I`m not telling everyone to agree with me- I am merely making a (somewhat grammatical) point.
I think if such a melodrama is created around such a small situation (if you put things into perspective here) attention is deprived from situations that are infinitely worse that happen in homes all over the world on a daily basis.
Yes, this is a hair-talk boutique- can`t we just stick to the immensely superficial and immature, yet innocent conversation that was going on previously, as opposed to creating a political argument (particularly with contoversial values in the US compared to the UK and vice versa).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic