Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDark Skin Brothers Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark Skin Brothers Hair
    Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:23pm

Why do dark skin brothers catch so much hell about their hair texture? Although most Africans are dark or brown skin with coarse hair. Here in America it is seen as  "nappy or bad hair". Light skin brothers with the "good hair" are seen a good looking. That's not cool!

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BlackBoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:25pm
i no what u mean son ...............
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:43pm
Did you know that most of the African slaves came from Nigeria, Gana, Niger, Senegal, Sierre Leone, and Gambia. All countries on the West coast of Africa. Some came from other African countries but most from the West. Most are dark or brown skin people with coarse hair. That's why I can't understand this hang up with coarse hair. Tell me if you feel me. Please reply. I want to know your thoughts on this matter.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:48pm
Here in America I think there is a disconnect with Africans. I like sporting waves. Been doing it since I was young. But have you notice that most brothers cut their hair low to hide the naps or wear hats. In the civil right era we sported afro's. Now we hide it with ball caps. Just thinking about hair and how it effect African American Males. You Dig! Thoughts........

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:52pm
I know I try to hide the naps cause I got "nappy roots". I'm proud of my culture, but I don't think I can be myself. America is not ready for NAPPY ROOTS. They think it's bad, hell black people think it's bad. My light skin mother think it's bad, so I wave it or braid it or cut it off.

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:56pm
Africa Map
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 6:02pm

Yo Blackboy, my nick name in Jr high was JETBLACK. 

"Back then they didn't know me, now I'm up, they all on me"

"Back then they didn't know me, now I'm up, they all on me"

"Back then they didn't know me, now I'm up, they all on me"

(Clean, HB's rules)

Edited by BIGGMike
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:28pm
Got my own bad hair going.  Know what you mean.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 11:03am

One good thing about having coarse hair is that it can do things that other hair textures can't do. Course hair makes the best dreadlocks, the best braids, the best platts, and............ coarse hair can make a political statement as well.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 4:42pm

One more chance

BlackBoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 6:57pm
lol yo im mean i love being black but some times it aint easy .....at skool teachers pick on me the most to answer questions cause im black ....i be tell my friends but they dont understand ......this is problay the only site i no the i can be black lol
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 4:53pm

Dig it. Now days people try so hard to fit in that if you don't act, LOOK, or think like them then they think something's wrong with you.

I give props to all BLACK MEN/men of color for having enough faith to be different. This is what makes a true leader.

We been through hell and still going through it right now.

Discrimination against Black men is very high in the US.

Have yall been peepin all these Brothers getting put in jailed, put down, degraded, and even dissed by our own sister's. They saying we sorry, we gay, we DL brothers, we given them AIDS, we don't want to work when they know that women are more accepted in corporate America than Black men.  It's a sad state of affairs!

It's getting hard for a brother to keep his head up.

But like TUPAK said "You gotta keep your head up"

Edited by BIGGMike
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 5:00pm
Yo im fron Nigeria but p[eople be thinking i got indian or puerto rican in my family but yo how can i get waves on the top and back of my head cus i got it crazy on the sides and i be brushing it alot.
Holla at ya boy BK/QN finest. My waves is so lethal makes you sick to death.
KimboKing View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 10:27pm

Not sure if any one remember, but before the year 2000.  Dark skinned brothers were in.  No one would be ashamed if people said their complection made them look like Wesly Snipes or Eddie Murphy.  Its one of those social fads.

A few of my white friends say they hate being cracked on for being so pale.  They keep saying how the guys with tans get all the girls. LOL

Edited by KimboKing
You'll have a better chance with this than that free IPod program. bmail me if you want the obvious trick to it.
http://www.surveysavvy.com/?id=1747316
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 12:03pm
Thats not true about boys with tans getting girls well it is but not all girls like guys with tans.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 12:17pm

Kimboking your right. Boy do I remember!

Now people with tans may get all the girls, but people without tans get all the J.O.B.'s. And people without tans can afford all the girls/womem. Confused!

How can we as a people get over these socio-economic  issues when we don't support each other. Many of us Black/tan men can't even afford to support a family.

We can't expect others to respect us when our own women won't or don't respect us. We need support and motivaion to feel strong and that comes from the family. Family is not just your brothers and sisters, but your wife or girlfriend, but also your entire race.

These are issues that our so call "leaders" and "head of households" must resolve or we will be doomed to keep repeating this cycle of family destruction.

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 12:33pm

That's why I use this  emotion because it's true in many cases but not in all cases.

You see everbody wants to be like the "Have Not's", you know the people with the permant tans, But nobody wants to have their economic problems or family problems.

Did you know that their are 5 females to each Black male? This in itself causes many of our problem. Too much competition for one group and not enough for the other group.

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 12:40pm

Us males are out numbered so we are in trouble without role models. That's why the women are doing so much better than us because they have mama, grandmama, and now great grandmama, great great grandmothers that are still living, mentor programs, and now business women too.

Ask yourself what do we have?

We have each other! Males

That's why I volunteer at the Dallas Juvenile Justice Center so I can help all these young fatherless boys. Somebody got to do it.

Edited by BIGGMike
Blazer15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 6:13pm
Thats so nice. Makes a brother want to cry. 

Edited by Blazer15
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 1:32pm

Blazer15 asked if I was Nigerian.

My grandfather was born in Lagos.

I'm from West Dino, "Already", Texas

That's West Dallas for those who don't know.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic