Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ExtendMagic close up 2 root&face PICS ;)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ExtendMagic close up 2 root&face PICS ;)
    Posted: September 22 2005 at 9:27pm

Hi!

Just thought I'd share some close up shots of new machine .  So far, I have gotten 99% positive feedbacks from my clients who are trying my 'special f/x' hilites.  Only one client complained of shedding.  But then again, she complained about the Shrink Links, the locs, the cyber too.  I think she's just a complainer.

I have also seen the almost 1 month results.  I am very impressed!  I really love the fact that the bond is so thin in comparison to the pre-bonded single strands I have tried.  Can't wait for December to come- 3 months into trail.  I should have more full head installs by then.  Still in the lab... 

Strands from left to right-

flattend, rolled, pressed, pressed with some hair above

ENJOY!

xoxox, Charlene

Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 9:48pm

Wow! that looks amazing! the bonds are so small. I may have to get myself out to see you if they hold up well. You are in pennsylvania right?

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Dunebug Dunebug wrote:

Wow! that looks amazing! the bonds are so small. I may have to get myself out to see you if they hold up well. You are in pennsylvania right?

Aren't they?   And I put it close to the FACE too!

Yes!  I have a location in North Eastern PA and in NYC!

Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 11:00pm

Yeah, that one is practically on the hairline!

Fabulous, if these hold up well for your ladies I will definately be coming to see you, those bonds are teeny!

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 1:51am

Hey Charlene, what do you mean by flattened?

I just did my first full head install of EM tonight.  It went ok.

Are you pretipping the hair with the EM first or just installing loose hair?  If you pretip with the EM and then use the EM to install, that's using twice as much of the EM adhesive tape, thus increasing the product cost per client.

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 3:44am

pressed with some hair above - what does that mean Char, those bonds look hot! x

Metal - I think on the first one she just used the machine, I don't think she pressed, rolled or anything just flattened it with the machine.  I was told that if you pre-bond, then you just take the cartridge/tape out of the machine and then just use that cos its still hot xx How long did it take you to do your first full head chick xx

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 4:39am

:O <~ my reaction to those tiny bond thingys.. this is so good!

Lynn74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:01am
Wow!  Does this method work with synthetic hair?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:27am

Hi Amanda,

I used a 4 ounce weft of bohyme that I cut hairs off of to install loose as I went.  It took 5 hours for me to do.

Lynn74- My experience has not been good with this machine and synthetic hair, either monofiber or thermofiber.  What has happened with both types of hair is that when they are heated by the machine, the fake hair gets too hot and it melts the tape.  When the tape melted ( I didn't realize it initially) , as I did a few more strands and  the tail of the tape in the cartridge  got all tangled up in one of the gears, making it so the machine would not advance the tape anymore.  Basically it breaks the tape cartridge and at $25 each, that's not cheap.  I wasted 2 tape cartridges by trying to use synthetic fibers with this system.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:33am
So what's your honest opinion after doing it Metalgirl I've managed to knock my UK supplier down so I'm getting one next week hopefully xx Do you think you'll get quicker than 5 hours and did you get as close and did they look as good as Char's, also did you press or roll xx Well done anyway girl!x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:11am
Hey g/fs

For these pics, I used all loose hair. I determine the amount of
strand, cut the to even, align to the natural hair, close the
machine {inverted}, turn the strand left and right to coat enough
glue, push the machine up towards the scalp a bit to coat the
top, release the machine, then press or roll together.

Metal- I find that if you use a lot of hair then you need a lot of
glue. I try to make thinner strands. It just needs one coat!
Prebonding takes too, too long. I bought this machine for
speedier installs

I also tired it with the eurolocs hair {stick hair}- so far so good-
but we'll see...

-Char
PS. I'm still in the lab with these, so I'll keep you all posted.

Can't wait to see your pics, Lisa!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 12:49pm
Well that sounds good to me.  I'll follow those instructions.  I'm getting mine next week so I can't wait xx
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 7:56pm

I was wondering how it would do with stick hair?

I do think this will become faster as I get more familiar with it.

Char, I'm not getting the inverted gun thing.  I tried to do it like that, but it was not working for me.  I think with the blue cover facing me, that I was able to get pretty close to the root for the most part.

I think I like this method.  It just depends on how it holds up over the course of 12 weeks.  I have a couple other girls in the salon who want to be guinea pigs, so I'll get more practice.

I didn't take pictures of last night's install because we didn't get done with it until 11:30PM (we got a late start).  The install was done on a stylist where I work, so I'll take a picture of the bonds when I see her next and post it.

juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:02pm
Charlene those bonds look great! (no surprise )

I did a few pieces with EM on a girl that I did pinchbraids on two weeks ago. Using both ways, some without pre-bonding the hair and some with pre-bonding the hair first and then attaching with the EM machine. And I didn't even wash her hair first(it was dirty). I emailed her a week ago asking if she had any problems, and so far no news(she would tell me if they came out). I am thinking no news is good news.

And I also used EM to prebond hair before using pro-tubes, and it was really easy. That was two weeks ago and no complaints. But the machine did jam up on me two times during that process. I think you just need to clean it while using it while doing a full head.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by juliejetson juliejetson wrote:

Charlene those bonds look great! (no surprise )

I think you just need to clean it while using it while doing a full head.

OMG!!!  Girl- welcome back!!!   Yup, I agree.  I clean all my current machines like the Great Lengths too.  I'm playing it safe by just doing some f/x right now.  Soon I'll graduate to the full heads!

Lisa- try hold the strands at 12:00, this way you can get really close and invert the machine.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 10:46pm

Update on the 1% guneia pig {the complainer}.

It seems that she prefers EM after all.  She says that in comparison to the pre-bonded hairs that she tried, the EM glue is more soft and bendable,  more comfortable {which means she didn't need to take pain killers} and more invisble than the rest.  And lastly, the glue, regardless how thin, is very durable.  Easy removal is a big plus too.

Hello Development- welcome!  Could you please share some info about your experiences with this machine- tips on proper installation, cleaning, any tips you can share would be extremely helpful.  Have you tried this machine installing wefts, integrations, etc...  How many heads can you average about with 1 cartridge?  How long does it take you to do a full head?  Have you tried this with synthetic hair?  Also post some pictures, so we all can see the inside of your work.  We have not received hands on training except for a Korean-English DVD.  Most of the girls are not familiar with doing fusion.  Please, anything you can provide would be very, very helpful and extremely appreciated.

Again thank you for your time, Charlene

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 11:57am
ooooooooo I got my extendmagic today, its a lot smaller than I imagined.  I'm just watching the dvd for it now so I'll keep you posted x
development View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote development Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 2:52pm

ok keep me posted

stan

hair development (UK)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 4:30pm

Here are the pictures of my first practice.  Oh hi Stan by the way.  I feel pretty confident already that I can use it so I'm going to do my first client Saturday.  This machine is really really easy to use.  I used loose hair and used it using the black side (mine's black) facing me.  Removal is an absolute breeze, I couldn't believe how hard wearing and tough the bond felt and how easy it came out.  Its like fusion without all the mess.  The only thing I found was that I had to double coat these strands xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 4:33pm
Hey, there it is on the right hand side in the second picture he he its not half as big as I thought it was going to be.  Another point, there is initial shedding with the hairs that weren't properly coated but this seemed to calm down.  I think with this method you will get shedding but I think it will be somewhere inbetween shrinkies and fusion, not as little shedding as shrinkies but no where near fusion shedding xx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic