Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long would you grow it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long would you grow it?
    Posted: June 30 2003 at 7:27pm
Hello Long Hair Lovers

I am just wondering how long you would let your hair get? Would you stop at a particular length?

I have no idea what my growth potential is as neither of my grand-mothers nor my mother let their hair grow very long.
So my personal hair growth odyssey involves a discovery of my unknown maximum length.

Do you know how long your hair will grow....or are you willing to find out..?

Thanks in advance .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
An Interlude........

I never read the story of Rapunzel, but as an avid Tolkien admirer, I found long hair inspiration in the character of Luthien Tinuviel from the Silmarillion.

Luthien was an elven princess, of loveliness that beggared description. The most beautiful of the children of the world.

The arts of enchantment "...caused her hair to grow to great length, and of it she wove a dark robe that wrapped her beauty like a shadow..."

Luthien cast a spell into her hair and trapped it there by twining it into a rope.

It's a beautiful story, but the image of hair so long that it can be worn as a cloak around the body, is truly fascinating to me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Uzi

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 10:06pm
That is a nice image. I think Alanis Morissette did that in a video once?? For "Thank You".

I think I might stop at my waist. I just like the length of waist length hair. At this point it seems like my hair is growing so slowly that this will never be a concern of mine.

I do wonder how long my hair would get.
I recently learned that my Great Grandmother had long hair. She lived to 100 years old! I don't really know how long her hair was. Whenever I saw her, it was in a bun.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 10:24pm
The longest I think I'd ever want my hair to be is ankle length. I don't think I could take care of it myself if it's any longer than that.
Currently, my longest goal is mid-thigh. Once my hair gets that long, I will decide if it'll look good longer, and if I will still be able to take care of it.
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:31am
As long as it will get in what is left of my lifetime, which is plenty of time. So far, it's only been as long as a little past shoulder length. Unless it becomes a royal pain, I want to see its full potential.

Jean
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 11:47am
Waist length for me....
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 12:10pm
My current aim is BSL or waist-length, but if it happens to be able to grow longer than that, I'd be curious of my hair's natural end length.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 1:17pm
Thank you for your responses, ladies.

Lets see…so far we have:

Waist-length = 2 SuperGrover & CrazyGirl

Ankle-length = 1 AmandaPanda

Full potential-length = 3 Jean, papillion_purple and me

*’:*~’:*Can you imagine us all in 10 years time…with our glorious flowing locks….*’:*~’:*

If we all got together at that time, we would create a female forest of beautiful long hair....the stuff of faerie tales and legends.. :’*’:..

Yours dreamily.....
Uzi

Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 4:02pm
I know that 10x15 is 150 + 46 I have now is 196. Even though I'm 201 tall , some would be on the floor by then, but not to over-project, let's say they'd be at the knees or a bit below by then. However I'm going terminal :P
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 4:26pm
I would go for waist length.

I was almost there and I cut quite a bit off, but it needed it. I am growing it back again, using a better shampoo/conditioner and it seems to be helping a lot.
The summer seems to help me, I just wrap it up in a bun and secure it with a "scrunchi sport!" it keeps it out of my face, detangled, and it grows because it is being left alone!
grenwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 5:29pm
Add me to the tally of those who're going for it.

My hair is as long as it has ever been as an adult - I don't think it's stopped growing, so let's see how far it will go. If it gets to the point where I can't take care of it - I think I'd have to consider losing some length. I don't want someone else to have to care for my hair....

Ciao!
Gren

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)
Karrinne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karrinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 10:05pm
I would like to hit knee length and would be thrilled if it would get to ankle length, much more than that would be hard to care for. But we'll see, I have a ways to go before I hit either one!!!
hair today/hair tomorrow/hair always
??/37/52
See my hair at http://karrinne1960.tripod.com
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 5:29am
AS it says in my signature...my first goal is to get to 26". I am better able to handle small goals than to set the bar too high for myself all at once. Once I reach 26, I will have a little party for my hair with lots of aromatherapy and oils...maybe even go to a salon and have it braided into an updo.

Then my next goal is waist, which on me is about 30"....then more celebrating!

I think that if I reach waist and can handle the extra weight, I might try longer. I have some heavy hair.

On this topic....Dave, or any of you other long haired lovelies - have you ever weighed your hair?

Jacqui

Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:04am
Hairalways,

thats a good thought!! I have never thought about the actual weight to hair..hehe Something else to "subtract" when we get weighed...

Laine
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 1:46pm
My ex-bf's sister cut off 18 inches of hair a few years back. We weighed it on kitchen scales and it was just over 1oz.
And she had thick, abundant hair.

So not much to deduct from the scales unfortunately, Laine .
Uzi

uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 1:52pm
Hi Jacqui

Yo mentioned a hair celebration when you reach your goal......why wait so long..????

I am planning a celebration on August 13th, when it will be exactly 1 year since scissors were used on my hair.
One year of un-cut hair calls for much feasting and gifting of hair-toys and oils amongst like-minded friends.

Speaking of which, I have a few long-haired chums in real life, now.
I conclude that long hair magnetically attracts it's own kind to itself .
Uzi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

*’:*~’:*Can you imagine us all in 10 years time…with our glorious flowing locks….*’:*~’:*

If we all got together at that time, we would create a female forest of beautiful long hair....the stuff of faerie tales and legends.. :’*’:..

LOL Then we could braid it all together into one beautiful multi-colored braid!
OK, maybe that wouldn't work... you couldn't get all of us close enough together. I'm just being silly.
It could work with like 4 or 5 people though. :)

Your party sounds marvelous, Uzi. Wish I lived close enough to crash it.

"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 4:04pm
SuperGrover ~ I like your idea of a SuperBraid.

And if you were in London, you would not need to crash the party, you would be invited as a guest of honour…specially so if you bought Gunther with you (in which case you would be guests of honour).

Anyway, there is no reason why we can’t get creative and have an online celebration of Long Hair Happiness Day…whenever that might be….maybe we should make a date…...all suggestions welcome...

Time to update the tally of lengths:

Waist-length = 4 SuperGrover, CrazyGirl, Laine and Jacqui

Ankle-length = 2 AmandaPanda and Karrinne

Full potential length = 5 Jean, papillion_purple, Kintaro, Grenwich and myself

Well we have enough in the waist-length and full potential-length categories for making those braid you spoke of Traci.

You have me thinking ......maybe in 10 years time, those of us who have kept in touch can send each other a fallen strand of our long, long hair.
We can each make a tiny multi-coloured braid as a keepsake of our achievements..~:'*':~

Don't mind me..I'm just laying a trail of dreams
………..~''*
Uzi

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

Speaking of which, I have a few long-haired chums in real life, now.
I conclude that long hair magnetically attracts it's own kind to itself .

Birds of a feather flock together, Uzma.

Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

Then we could braid it all together into one beautiful multi-colored braid!

You mean sorta like this?

ftp://ftp.tlhs.org/week/week1358.jpg
ftp://ftp.tlhs.org/week/week1360.jpg

Oh, and Uzma, you can toss me into the "full-potential" category, even though that hasn't ever been my goal, it's where I find myself these days.
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 9:28pm
I like that braid idea.

Nice braid, Dave

Check out the multi-colored braid here(scroll a bit):
http://fsck.com/~johanna/070102/braid/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 12:45am
Oooh, that's great, Amanda!

Wow those pictures take a long time to load! And I have a Cable connection! But worth the wait.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic