Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shrinkies with bohyme hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 6:05am
Update on shrinkies with bohyme hair, its nearly five weeks now since my first shrinkie/bohyme client had her hair done and these are her reports. She says that the shrinkies have only just started getting a little bit softer, she's had six come out in the last two weeks so she feels she will be ready for maintenance at about 2 1/2 months to 3 months. she says the hair is still washing fantastic although she has noticed she has to brush it a little more than at the beginning although she admits that she goes out clubbing every weekend and uses a lot of styling products on it and also backcombs and curls it.

Here is this Saturdays's happy client.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:07am
Wow--that blending is perfect. You cannot tell at all where her real hair ends and the extensions begin. Great work!!! :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:45am
Amanda, your extension job looks great! Just curious, but do you normally trim up the ends a bit at the end of the install?
It is what it is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 8:14am
Thanks a lot Jenny.

Hi there Bridget, sometimes I trim up the ends but most of the time my clients are that happy to have long hair that they don't want even a tiny bit of hair cut off LOL. This client had 18inch blonde and 19inch brown underneath and she wouldn't let me cut even a tiny bit off LOL xx
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 10:52am
Fantastic! Really really pretty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 5:44am
Yes another shrinkie/bohyme update. My first ever shrinkie client that I did with bohyme and a very small straightening iron has had them in for 6 weeks now, in the last week she has noticed that her shrinkies have become soft and she has lost 20. There is no damage, the bohyme is still washing fantastic and her hair has grown about an inch. The client that I did the week after with shrinkies and bohyme and Dr Locks heat clamp, so she's had hers in 5 weeks, all her shrinkies are still in tact, rock hard and haven't budged, she's had a total of 9 come out in the full 5 weeks, also her hair is still fantastic and she had the 22inch bohyme. I couldn't believe how silky and shiney her hair still was. So my verdict on this is that if you use shrinkies with a straightening iron, they will not last the full three months maintenance whereas if they are applied with the Doc's heat clamp they will xxxxx
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 6:44am
Amanda, that says volumes about your install (which also looks fabulous, by the way.) Congratulations on a job well done! Your client must be thrilled.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 8:18am
Thanks a lot Amm, I feel priviledged and proud to get a compliment from the shrinkie queen, I feel enlightened as if it wasn't for you, I would have never stumbled upon these little wonderful things that no-one seems to be doing at all in the UK, I can't wait to have my roots done this weekend and get them in myself ready for my wedding, I'll post pics as soon as I've done them x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:24am
Hi there, another shrinkie/bohyme update. My first ever shrinkie client has had her hair in 8 weeks now. She's having her first maintenance on 24th March so that will be 10 weeks. She says she's lost a few more but I did put these ones in with the straightening iron. She says the bohyme is still washing great and she absolutely loves her hair still. My next shrinkie client who has now had hers in for 7 weeks says her hair is still fantastic and she hasn't lost anymore shrinkies, so that's only 9 that she's lost in 7 weeks. My only concern with the shrinkies is that I've had another girl with greasyish hair that keeps on loosing them. She's had 18 come out in two weeks. I just keep on putting them back in for her but I'm going to try extentubes on her on Saturday on the strands that have come out, to see if she gets on better with these. My last few clients have reported that they've had between 6 and 10 come out but I don't think that's bad going to stay they've had 6oz of hair in but sometimes it makes me feel incompetent xxx this is another happy client xx

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:41am
Wow Amanda! That looks super! I love the blonde streaks too! You do such a good job! Thanks for the updates on the shrinkies too... sounds very promising.
Do you see yourself ever using synthetic?

It is what it is...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 10:43am
Amanda, that is an awesome color combination!! Really unusual and pretty!

Just so you don't feel bad, I had shrinkies slide out of my hair at a rate of 2-3 a day when I put them in. At first I thought it was my faulty installation, which may have played a part, but even now with fusion, I find at the 2 week mark, I have strands of fusion hair disintigrating and falling out! I have hair kinda similar to your clients' hair - straight and slick like that, although I seem to have more of it. I think it's the slickness of the hair that causes the slipping - I mean, if fusion won't hold it in, what's next - crazy glue?!

So your clients losing 10 to 20 in nearly 2 months sounds completely reasonable, at least to me. And like someone said, this is more of an art than a science. I think losing strands and regular maintenance is to be expected, don't you? Sounds to me like you're doing a fantastic job, and your installs look great.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:27am
Thanks syren, I feel a lot more confident now. I hate it when clients phone up and say some have come out. I get really paranoid and think oh my god what if they all come out. I suppose it goes with the job, you want people to be pleased with what you've done not upset at spending their hard earned money. I've really been taking my time with my clients as well. I hold the doc's heat clamp on the shrinkie for at least 15 seconds (I only used to hold it for 10) until I see the glue start to bubble but like Jenny says, I still don't hear the sizzle, I only really heard that with my straightening iron. Bridget, I'm starting to warm to the idea of synth, my friend also does extensions and she only uses synth, she's trained in the Dome method. She seems to get more funky clients than I do. xxxxx
kirsty1888maclennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 12:13pm
i saw that piic of the hair u did looks soo nice
do u stay in uk amanda? i need sum1 to do me shrinkies i stay in scotland but im having no luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 12:50pm
Do you mean do I live in the UK, or would I travel to Scotland. Yes I live in the UK, I wouldn't go as far as Scotland though LOL, I would be happy for you to come to me though LOL xxxx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:13pm
It looks great, Amanda! I love your work.

And I agree: 10 to 20 in nearly 2 months isn't a big deal. I lost 20 in about a week with one method (that shall remain nameless....).

As long as you inform the clients that some will probably slip eventually, I'm sure they won't be too alarmed. You can also add an additional 10 or so during the install, so that way, they feel like they have 10 more than are required to make up for any they might lose--sort of like insurance, if that makes any sense.

:)
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 7:43pm
So did you pre tip the hair your self and if so with what

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 4:25am
Thanks a lot Jenny. I always text people to find out how they are getting on with their hair and I hate it when they say some have come out. I've had a girl that's had 9 come out now in nearly two weeks, but she's washing her hair everyday which can't help, plus she's never had them in before but it still makes me feel bad. I don't like to say to make people feel like its something they are doing wrong. I'm thinking of not only offering shrinkies and micro-rings but offering the glue method that Kristen does as well and saying to clients that if they don't feel they are getting on with a particular method that they can have their extensions re-fitted without charge with another method. Then hopefully I will get one out of the three that they are happy with and also keep them as regular clients. What do you think?

In answer to your question Marie, I tip all my hair with latex and nail glue x
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 5:23am
Amanda that sounds like some awesome customer service, and shows that you stand behind your work as a stylist!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 5:35am
Ditto--you obviously really care about your clients, Amanda. Offering a selection of methods is key. That way, you can work with your clients to find the one that's best for them. That's all you can do, really--sometimes it takes a few tries to know what will work and what won't.

You might eventually want to think about offering the pinchbraiding technique. It takes a little while to learn, but I've found them to be very secure--more so than fusion--and it's also good for clients who don't respond well to glue. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 5:54am
Is there a tutorial for pinchbraiding on Kristen's site and how long would you say it takes to do a full head and also does it work well with human hair xx Thanks ladies. I just hate unhappy clients, it makes me unhappy and I know what I would feel like if I paid that amount of money and they started to fall out and the only thing I could do was pay again and have a different method. Hopefully I won't have to do this for everybody LOL xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic