Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

playing with OPH again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 1:02pm
I think I paid $12.99 for my pack.  Go to the Zury website's store locator.  The place they listed near me carried the OPH 18" weft in every color they make.  (Also, do a search on OPH and you should find my previous posts on the subject.)

After a week and a half, the OPH is holding up quite well. I lost one shrinkie, but it wasn't very well cooked.  (By the way, I used Doc's shrinkies, and now I really want some of Amm's black shrinkies instead.)  I don't do much to my hair by way of styling. I think I flat ironed it once because my hair had a few kinks in it.  I do wash it every other day.  The ends still look great.

The hair feels a little bit different than my real hair, but I haven't run into anyone with even an inkling that the front is extensions.

Unfortunately, I'm not a good guinea pig for the ladies who get a lot of use out of their curling irons.  And I've also learned that using products that are oily will make the hair very piece-y.  I like the Pink Luster Oil Sheen spray (it's called something like that).  My real hair absorbs it (and feels super soft!), but the OPH does not.  OPH just wants a little bit of conditioner to be happy.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 1:05pm
Here's the fairly comprehensive OPH thread:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20538

Edited by leia1979
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 10:44pm
Three week update!

The OPH held up well.  The ends were a tiny bit frizzy, but it wasn't enough for me to trim them or try to straighten them.  However, I am fairly gentle on my extensions as I do not heat-style.  It did tend to tangle more easily than my real hair, though probably not moreso than other synth hair.

Anyway, I decided to take them out because I have a bad habit of playing with the shrinkies.  I used my Pink's Luster Spray Glosser, which is mostly a variety of oils, to remove the shrinkies.  I actually discovered this by accident a month or two ago.  I saturated the shrinkies with the oil and worked them out in about 20 minutes.  (There were only 17 to remove.)  I shampooed twice, and my hair is now oil, shrinkie, and residue-free.  However, if I use shrinkies anywhere near my hairline again, I'm getting some of Amm's black shrinkies.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 6:45am
Leia, did you use the oil, then remove with an iron or just oil them up and slide them out?  thanks.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 10:13pm
I didn't use any heat.  I had a couple of stubborn ones that I was about heat up my iron for, but then they worked loose.  I should probably also mention that I made latex tips, and the oil started to dissolve the tips, too, allowing more wiggle room to remove the shrinkie.  You really have to work the oil into each one, though.  I think it would take a while to remove a whole headfull.  Also, Amm's remover might work better, but what I already had got the job done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic