Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help this busy mom pick a new look!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:27am
Tell your stylist how you are feeling.  Tell her/him the trouble you are having getting the look you want.  Your stylist should be happy to teach you to style it the way they do. 

I have had 3 long tem women in my life only on got that a new look required new skills to recreate the new look.  The other 2 would get hugely different styles... style it the same and pretty much look the same.

You can do it...
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 8:32pm
Wow! I don't know how I missed out on this thread!

AZ...you look fabulous! I agree with Hal that your stylist should really help you learn how to style it at home. My wife has gone from long to short several times over the years, and each time the stylist has helped her re-learn how to style the new 'do. Give it some time would be my advice.

How did your hi-lites turn out, and how does hubby like the new you?

I think it's adorable, but you're pretty either way.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
az.twinmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:19pm
The highlights turned out good. I'm really struggling with getting used to this. I feel like I went from "hot mom" to "soccer mom"Unhappy LOL! I don't mean to sound vain but it's a big change! I ordered some Jon Renau hair extensions to clip in and see if I like to wear every once in awhile.

Thank you so much for all the ideas! Change is good, just got to get used to it.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 11:45pm
You're quite possibly the hottest soccer mom i've ever seen!!!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 9:39am
You could come watch me play soccer anytime!!! (I have no clue how to play soccer!)  However, i beleive that that designation is for people who let themselves become soccer moms.  Not that there is anything wrong with soccer moms, some of the ones that i have seen are smoke'n hot that just have kids who like soccer!  Change is just a phase of uncertanity, once you get used to it, you may like it.  My wife did, but hated the transition time of the uncertanity of "did i do the right thing, have i become a soccer mom, what does everyone else think"  Everyone thought it was a stunning change.  Many women have come up to her while shopping (i was there when it happened) and said they loved her haircut and wished that they had the courage to cut it like hers!  I have said it before, and i will say it again, i think short hair exudes confidence and sexyness in a woman.  No hiding behind long tresses and covering up their facial features...it says, this is who i am, like it or not!  But hey, that is just my opinion.  Dont get me wrong now, i have seen some very beautiful women ( including my ex girlfriend who had hair down to her lower back) with longer hair, i just prefer the shorter tresses!

My .02
P.S.  Absolutely stunning hair cut!

Edited by conrad - April 06 2008 at 9:41am
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 2:13pm

This is a huge change of hairstyle for you. You probably feel you went out of your comfort zone, but give it a good few weeks to get used to the new you. I personally think you look fab, you did before your re-style now your new cut defines you face and shows off your cheek bones better. You look lovely.

Karen
karen sanderson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 3:33pm
Here's my highlights. Thanks for everyone's inputs on everything. IT IS a comfort zone thing I think. No different than if someone else lost or gained 50 lbs. when you're not used to something it kinda screws with your head! LOL! I'm done ranting about the whole thing.  IT'S JUST HAIR!!Thank you so much for your help and if anyone has any ideas on how to style it differently let me know!

Edited by az.twinmom - June 09 2008 at 2:17pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 7:08pm

WOW!  That pic with your girl is absolutely STUNNING.

I wished you liked it more because I think it is a big improvement.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 7:39am
Flipping back and forth between your old and new looks shows one thing for sure.  Your old style showed off your beautiful hair, your new look shows off your beautiful face!

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:11pm
     First, I think it looks fine, az mom. Second, you are entitled to your feelings. Some women don't feel like themselves with short hair; others vice versa. My wife is among the former, and she actually chastises me for "letting" her cut her hair short in the past! (lol) Fortunately, barring the unforeseen, her hair will be staying LONG for good now!
     If you are like her, enjoy the changes as your hair grows! Big%20smile Bob
LexLuv101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexLuv101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 11:54am
I think it looks gorgeous, really! :)
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 12:44pm
wow! both before and after are stunning!!! but, if you were ever interested you could go shorter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 11:01pm
Here's the Jessica Simpson extensions I got. I figured they would be easiest for me being a newbie with them! Anyway since time as went on I'm getting more used to the short hair but love the fact I can have the 2 different looks using the extensions. They pretty much look just like my old hair worn naturally. 

Edited by az.twinmom - June 09 2008 at 2:18pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 5:10am
Well it is obvious that you prefer longer hair.  To me you look better with the shorter cut but it is your head.  You don't look bad with the extensions - I just don't like extensions.   You are lucky in that you look great whether shorter or longer - you have a gorgeous face, which is probably why I think you look better with it shorter.  Shorter hair brings out your face more in my opinion.  Thanks for sharing your looks with us.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 7:39am
WOW... the best of both worlds... how long does it take to put the long hair in?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote az.twinmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 11:33am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Well it is obvious that you prefer longer hair.  To me you look better with the shorter cut but it is your head.  You don't look bad with the extensions - I just don't like extensions.   You are lucky in that you look great whether shorter or longer - you have a gorgeous face, which is probably why I think you look better with it shorter.  Shorter hair brings out your face more in my opinion.  Thanks for sharing your looks with us.

Like I said I'm actually getting used to the short. I don't know if I needed it to grow 1/2 inch or what but It's "growing on me!" Ha! Ha! The extensions are soooo easy. I just get out of the shower and put some gel in my hair let it air dry, pull the top layer up and stick them in and go. It's fun to have the 2 different looks and everyone forgets I had my hair cut! I'm going to have fun styling the short cut as it grows a little I think. I don't know if I'll let it grow as long as it was before or not.
carieann99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carieann99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 11:57am
First of all you are really pretty and lucky, you have choices the shape of your face is nice. I think you would look beautiful with Lisa Renas hair, you'd look even better, good luck.Clap
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 2:06pm
Well.. you sure seem happy now...keep us posted.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2008 at 2:55pm
az.twinmom, you look great in every photo you've shared here.  You can't go wrong no matter what you choose now and in the future.

FWIW I seem to be among the minority in this thread that prefer your long hair look.  Pretty face and pretty hair. Smile
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 2:44pm
      Hey, azmom, I'm glad that you could afford such a stunning hairpiece. I'm with Dave on the length thing myself. (lol) But your face could carry ANY cut. Best, Bob Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic