Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed some waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Mchammer201 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2004 at 6:46pm
to get waves first use duke pomade and follow the some direations. And use this pomade or 3 weeks and buy proline greaseless gel and you'll and waves and they will be deeper less than a months.
stevie bown View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2004 at 2:53pm
well i found a seret its called the square town secrethis is the face way your hair to be really short then you brush in all the directions ur hair grown then you take a comb and go form one side of ur head to another then you put i wave cap on its kind of hard to expalin but it workd for me and you cant even tell the diffrence
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2004 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by stevie bown stevie bown wrote:

well i found a seret its called the square town secrethis is the face way your hair to be really short then you brush in all the directions ur hair grown then you take a comb and go form one side of ur head to another then you put i wave cap on its kind of hard to expalin but it workd for me and you cant even tell the diffrence

i have no idea what you just said.
markas allen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2004 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by trey trey wrote:

ok i was wondering how long it takes to get waves like acouple moths or something please help
i just want to know a ball park figure cause ive been brushing my hair for a couple of weeks and i dont see any results so if u could help thanks

you have to put some kind of grease in your hair and wear a du-rag
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2004 at 5:09pm
yea i know buddy i already have waves
360 at that
that post was old
Edot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2004 at 5:58pm
Hey yall i think that all of us should talk waves.........holla me.......... my Aol instant messenger screen name is edotthekid ..............and my waves are starting to spin!

Yea.......... and my waves are getting very deep. I recommend that if u really want your hair to be good b4 getting your waves, i think u should use a certain type of grease. I say this for ppl with straight hair like peurto rican. I am mixed with indian and -0 when i get a low ceasar, my hair is like spiky, so i use "Idian Temp". It comes in 3 kinds... "Hair Food", "Herbal Grow", and some other one. I use that unitl my hair gets long enough for waves.........I like to mix some conditioner with the grease to make my hair soft. Then i do this for like 2 weeks until my haior begins to lay down. Then i get my sportin wave (black can)......do the usual procedure of taking a shower or wetting my hair or dampin it with a hot towel, then i put some sportin waves in, then I brush real good for like 5 minutes, in the directions i want my waves.......... I use a hair boar bristle brush....Actually i have like 6 brushes but i use my soft brush and hard brush(Ebony and Ivory). My hair is thick, so when I'm starting to get my waves, i use the hard brush, then when they come in i still use the hard brush when i brush my hair before going to sleep, but when i get to school i use my soft bristle brush (Ebony) to touch my waves up. If you have nappy hair its all good....i prefer nappy hair b/c the waves look the best after you get you cut, plus they are uniformed (my waves are neat but aren't like really uniformed b/c my hair isn't nappy).

Other Tips: I recommed that you guys just brush your hair whenever you have time. I really doesn't make a different when your in the process of getting your waves (put this doesn't mean that you shouldn't brush your hair alot after u place on ur durag and the wave promade) but after you get them i think you should brush your hair in your spare time.............it makes your waves look better and netter. I also think that you shouldn't get a hair cut for about 3-4 weeks, depending on your hair growth, b/c you want your waves to set in to the scalp. And please..............please......... chill with the fades...they are played, the only one i give props is nelly for the fade...............because he keeps his waves spinning. I suggest ceasars, preferably dark, because ur waves are more noticable(and b/c i dont like the way my hair spikes up when i get a low ceasar -_-). I really hope that i helped you guys out......if yall have any wave questions, ill be glad to help you guys out on the message board, or just IM. AOL instant messenger screen name : edotthekid Holla at me.

---------Edot
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2004 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Edot Edot wrote:

Hey yall i think that all of us should talk waves.........holla me.......... my Aol instant messenger screen name is edotthekid ..............and my waves are starting to spin!

Yea.......... and my waves are getting very deep. I recommend that if u really want your hair to be good b4 getting your waves, i think u should use a certain type of grease. I say this for ppl with straight hair like peurto rican. I am mixed with indian and -0 when i get a low ceasar, my hair is like spiky, so i use "Idian Temp". It comes in 3 kinds... "Hair Food", "Herbal Grow", and some other one. I use that unitl my hair gets long enough for waves.........I like to mix some conditioner with the grease to make my hair soft. Then i do this for like 2 weeks until my haior begins to lay down. Then i get my sportin wave (black can)......do the usual procedure of taking a shower or wetting my hair or dampin it with a hot towel, then i put some sportin waves in, then I brush real good for like 5 minutes, in the directions i want my waves.......... I use a hair boar bristle brush....Actually i have like 6 brushes but i use my soft brush and hard brush(Ebony and Ivory). My hair is thick, so when I'm starting to get my waves, i use the hard brush, then when they come in i still use the hard brush when i brush my hair before going to sleep, but when i get to school i use my soft bristle brush (Ebony) to touch my waves up. If you have nappy hair its all good....i prefer nappy hair b/c the waves look the best after you get you cut, plus they are uniformed (my waves are neat but aren't like really uniformed b/c my hair isn't nappy).

Other Tips: I recommed that you guys just brush your hair whenever you have time. I really doesn't make a different when your in the process of getting your waves (put this doesn't mean that you shouldn't brush your hair alot after u place on ur durag and the wave promade) but after you get them i think you should brush your hair in your spare time.............it makes your waves look better and netter. I also think that you shouldn't get a hair cut for about 3-4 weeks, depending on your hair growth, b/c you want your waves to set in to the scalp. And please..............please......... chill with the fades...they are played, the only one i give props is nelly for the fade...............because he keeps his waves spinning. I suggest ceasars, preferably dark, because ur waves are more noticable(and b/c i dont like the way my hair spikes up when i get a low ceasar -_-). I really hope that i helped you guys out......if yall have any wave questions, ill be glad to help you guys out on the message board, or just IM. AOL instant messenger screen name : edotthekid Holla at me.

---------Edot

Welcome. This thread is growing big. Nelly **** is tight though.
Kevin Jenkins View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 10:13pm
I can't stand DAX Wave&Groom. it's hard as **** to wash out. i'll get Proline Greaseless Gel instead. i heard it gives you deeper waves. anyone tried this out?
Edot View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 3:34pm
Holla ........its the Kid. If your dax is hard to wash out (as i expect it to be, cause its crazy thick and dense), i think you should try sportin waves...ima tell you honestly, when ur damped ur hair and put it on, its thick in ur hair but as soon as it hits your scalpe it softens right into your hair. But the wave gels work also, my friend T-Mac (aka Nellz) uses it....has been for bout a 3 weeks and his waves are deep...but only in the front, they are coming in on the side slowly. I say try what works best for you.
Da Kid View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 8:23pm
I don't understand how Nelly's waves are thick cause where can he find time in his busy schedule to brush his hair constantly????
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 9:28pm
hey twista, if ya still out there: did u just use Luster 360 by itseft or did u use a wave gel and the 360?
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Kevin Jenkins Kevin Jenkins wrote:

hey twista, if ya still out there: did u just use Luster 360 by itseft or did u use a wave gel and the 360?

:/ i used 360, murrays, carrot oil and gold sport'n. Right now im actully just using a very alittle sport'n and lot of pink oil. The waves i got now came quickest with murrays for some reason.. for me.. dunno about you.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 10:32pm
so u would just put in the pink oil, brush, then put in the murrays or whatever OR u would just rub the pink oil into your hair, then put in the pomade and brush??
Tree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 11:32am
yerp i got spinnas well i'mma call em semi-spinnas
i have rican like waves on the top flowin,my back got a few waves like 5 or 6 lines,now my sides isn't spinnin at all its just curly.....i'm tryna get dat 360 connection going on.I want my spinnas 2 look like a car was doing donuts in my head some tell me what i need 2 do.Like what texture brush to use,what kind of grease.......
JiggaMan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 6:42pm
Check out some pics of my hair at this link...

http://community.webshots.com/album/145115888jtMXTP
trey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 8:33pm
yea dats hot man
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 9:52pm
Quote don't understand how Nelly's waves are thick cause where can he find time in his busy schedule to brush his hair constantly????

What you mean you dont understand? Its not that hard and time consuming to brush your hair. He do it off cam, before he get on tv, before he take shot on video, could be while recording songs you dont just do a whole song in a studio you do songs over and over until they are right and usually do bits and pieces of the song at that, probably while in the car and he has a hair stylist. So is your question answered? Don't take that long to brush anything.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

platinumalwaz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 2:20pm
if u iz black and got long hair brush youa hair and not comb it brush youa at least 3 times a day then when u get da hair cut you'll get da wave but it'll depend on how much u brush youa. aight 1
wavegettagotta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 4:00pm
i want some 360 FBAOLOUS type of waves

nebody got **** liekd at cept for him??

how yall do it
Shawnw View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 4:26pm
i wanna know how to get waves in my hair but my hair is long with perm ive had em before but they went away when i got the perm but ive seen celebs with waves in their permed/strait hair
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic