Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Record on the Russian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:33pm

Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

no one's angry or accusing you of anything. If the hair works for you, wear it.
Agreed.. I don't know where anyone got the idea that ANYONE was angry..

lost

Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:42pm
Mshoney, you would be right on the money about Kristie being passive aggressive. Give yourself a MAJOR pat on the back for hitting the nail on the head with that!!! But Kristiemlove is not the same as Kristie m. I know on Kristie's DIY site she creates several avatars acting like different people but I don't think she was able to do that here.

kristiemlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristiemlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

Kristie, if you found? I thought you've found your hair equivalent to a screaming orgasm already. Please don't try that passive aggresive crap and then say what, who me? Direct it to whom you mean to direct it to.

Yes, MSHONEY, I have found hair that I love, in certain colors.  And then there are certain colors, but it certainly does not last me 6 - 12 months.  I am getting MAYBE 1-2 months wear out of it and the company I JUST found does not carry my color.  I am not at the point that I have tried enough hair to know what I will absolutely be in love with for a long time, so no passive aggressive crap here.  Not sure what THAT comment was all about.  To find  hair that is a color and blending match AND has longevity, I have yet to find.  I wear 3 colors.  I have my "screaming orgasm" hair in 2 colors.  I have yet to find it in my blonde.  THAT is a continual search. 

In regards to whom this was directed to, it is directed at anybody who gives Krimsa grief and a line of directives based upon a choice she is so well pleased.  Not sure why YOU took it so personally. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristiemlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:54pm
No, we are not the same.  I am Kristie M. Love from Dallas.  Thank you, Malibu.  Kristiem warned me of that from the beginning.  Now I know what she was referring to.  YIKES!!!!
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:55pm
Malibu, they may be different people but it's too big of a coincidence. Why reference the vendors name? It seems to me that an alter ego is being used so she can use the name and not have her butt banned from HB permanently. Just another way to start crap , but I could be wrong.
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristiemlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 7:57pm
WOW!!!!  Ha ha! I wear Florence and Jetset.  Is that what she wears?

Edited by kristiemlove - July 23 2007 at 7:59pm
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:00pm
since you are not the same and talked to the other Kristie then you KNOW what happened and you KNOW what mess it caused so WHY would you start that mess up again.
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristiemlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:05pm
I know NOTHING of what happened.  I do not know what you are even talking about.  All she ever said to me was people might get us confused with our names.  That is all. I don't know any story!!!!!!  I literally have NO CLUE what you are talking about!
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 8:12pm
whatever.

ALL EYES ON ME
asinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:42pm

Holy crap!  I'm getting so sick of this high school crap at these hair forums.  Get over it ladies, it's a computer for christ sake!

krimsa - I'm glad you love your russian!  How is that sew in coming along?   After the cooler weather gets here I may go see your gal, dunno though, dorchester is a little scary for me ;)  Maybe we could get together for a hair date?? 

I've been wearing my russian, for...oh I dunno.  I had my wefts in for 1 three week install and now I'm going on 2 more weeks with this install(I replace my tapes every 3 weeks) and still no signs of the slightest trouble.  When I see a split end I start to panic, but then find out it's mine and feel better.  My wefts I colored too.  I have bulk in on the sides that I tipped myself that is still virgin and it's still perfect too, but it's only been 2 ish weeks.  I dont forsee any troubles, ofcourse except for the credit card bill....

I'm sure you could find a weft of indian, tho I don't know that virgin would be the way to go.  I don't care what quality indian hair you get, it will not match the fine sleek texture of the russian(unless you got wavy russian, then I'm not sure??), but you would get a bit more volume out of the indian.  I have gotten virgin indian in the past and would not again.  It's not as 'clean' as processed hair, meaning it may have nits in it.  Not really a big deal, but it still gives me the willys.  I also notice an oder w/ the virgin indian that doesn't seem to leave.  I don't notice that as much with processed indian.  I am very sensetive to smells tho, and I can already see the eyes rolling out there.  LOL 

If you are wearing straight hair, maybe try a weft of asian to add some bulk.  The elite supreme gold from shrinkies.net is fabulous hair, but rarely in stock.  But she has virgin asian in hand tied wefts that is pretty too and inexpensive to boot.  Again, it's more coarse then the russian, but still soft and fine.  Wagman primus has nice indian hair, and I would say the best wefts out there, no fold ever beard.  The hair isn't virgin, it has been processed for texture.  It's nice hair tho and can stand up to whatever you put it thru.  It's pretty clean, but does smell funk in the beginning.  I think you can order in 4 ounce packs now too instead of a pound, not sure tho.  I should be getting an updated price list tomorrow, but you can get samples sent to you.  They send a nice little box with a sample of each texture in ther natural color prem. wefted hair. 

Hope that helps!  I for one am sorry these russian hair conversations always blow up into a storm.  It's ridiculous and makes me angry.  I think we should be able to ask questions about any hair extension product out there and get answers. 

Edited because I re-read posts.

Edited by asinnamon - July 23 2007 at 10:53pm
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:30pm
Hi Asinnamon. The hair I received was washed. What exactly does the Indian women's natural hair smell like? What type of funk does their hair carry? I've never noticed it. And the lice, do many Indian women have lice infested hair? I never noticed that either. I have a dance class with an Indian woman. Saturday I'm going to go right up to her and smell her hair and check for lice. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to bring her one of those lice rid kits just to be on the safe side.
ALL EYES ON ME
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:42pm
I'm going to say this again.. I have read over this entire thread, and I'm trying to understand WHO exactly is supposed to be angry here?? It seems to me the only angry posts in this thread are from those who are insisting that this has been an angry thread.. and I just don't get it it.. I thought this was a civilized conversation, not a firestorm.. I thought we were exchanging information.. Somebody clue me in to the "angry" part of this thread?? Confused

Edited by Divavocals - July 24 2007 at 2:04am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 11:49pm
You can disagree without being angry, at least sane people can. I'm not angry at all. BUT you are not going to tell me that hair that I've held in my hands, looked at with my own eyes and touched and felt myself will not work when it can. ESPECIALLY when YOU say that you haven't had it.

Edited by MSHONEY - July 23 2007 at 11:50pm
ALL EYES ON ME
asinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 8:53am
Ms. Honey, how can you tell me indian hair will work for me when you haven't held my hair in your hands and seen it with your own eyes?   Do a search on here about nits and you will find a lot of info.  I have gotten hair from aphrodite(banned from here), Lush, and wagman.  The wagman was by far the cleanest even tho it did have a few nits here and there, I should know, I tipped a pound of the bulk.  The lush had nits and the hair from aphrodite was LOADED with them.  And smell, even now I could go upstairs, get out the wagman which I have sitting in a bag and it would still have a heavy odor to it.  Nits are not lice, they the shell from a lice egg.  I would love to see this holy grail of indian hair, send me a sample, if it matches my hair, I'll stand corrected.  I'm sure it's cheaper then the russian!! 

DivaV, I don't see anything inflammatory with your posts.  I think Ms. Honey was the one who added flame to the fire by implying we should all just buy indian hair because it'll match us just fine and what we bought as russian probably wasn't russian anyway and we were just paying too much for hair that was probably mis-represented.  She may not have meant it to sound the way it did(atleast to me), but it came across as being flip I think.  Sorry Honey, but thats how I read it. 
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:14am
Whoa whoa whoaaa...

Ok, everyone, I don't think anyone was mad first of all. Krim-No one was upset with you for what you used.

I'm going to add what I "Believe" everyone was trying to get across here:

You said that you couldn't find any Indian hair that worked for you, everyone was just simply trying to say there IS good indian out there that might work, you just may have not found it yet.

I believe they were simply giving hope, not trying to put you down for using Russian or anything along those lines.

Everyone seems to put on their defensive panties on when it comes to Russian hair topics.

Here's all I am saying, like I have said 100,000 times before, if you find hair that works for you, GREAT!

But also, I believe that there is in general more indian hair out there, but like anything else, there can be bad indian hair, and there is good indian hair.

Same with russian or asian, or whatever. But bottom line, I think there's more BAD indian hair out there than bad russian hair, just simply because there is more indian hair out there period. I think just because you've had bad experiences doesn't mean that nothing will work for you.

But again, if you are using Russian hair and love it, great. Like other's said, if I could comb my dogs and wear that on my head and it would look great, I would do it! I don't think anyone cares where it comes from, as long as it looks awesome.

Everyone please breathe.

Edit: My spelling is horrible!!

Edited by Naked Eye - July 24 2007 at 9:16am
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 11:23am
I love it when people point fingers saying this is high school "crap" yet they jump in with long long posts, edits and re-writes, only to pursue the high school "crap".

Just for the record, Aphrodite was banned because she was advertising, blatantly.

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 12:00pm

Thanks Naked Eye, that's exactly what I was saying.

Krimsa- as I repeatedly said and was trying to make understood was that there is nothing wrong with Russian hair but that it's probably not all Russian hair that's being sold and that there are other caucasian women who sell their hair and that the important thing was not that it's from Russia itself BUT that the hair is fine textured enough to match caucasian hair and that I owned some VIRGIN Indian hair and  that it would match caucasian hair and I was sure you could find some or anyone who was inclined to look for it could find some that would match their hair.

Asinnamon- You said that you've read the post, you should re-read them. I never said that anyone should buy Indian hair and I REPEATLY said that there is nothing wrong with Russian hair. What was stated by other posters was that NO Indian hair would match fine textured caucasian hair AND I said that wasn't true. What was stated by some other posters was that all Indian hair was processed and THAT is also not true. There IS virgin Indian hair and there is ALSO virgin Asian hair. I didn't tell YOU that it would match your hair.  I said that there is silky,fine textured VIRGIN INDIAN REMY hair out there that would match silky fine textured caucasian hair and that I was sure that the posters could find some to match their's NOT" Don't buy Russian hair it's ALL fake"!!!!!!
You came into this post HOURS after the last post AND after the situation had been diffused. There were PM'S sent between me and another poster here and hopefully some things were cleared up. But you came in like a bull in a china shop.
 I don't care what you wear in your hair or who you bought your hair from. I do not care what will and will not match your hair. I do not know you. 
  ALL INDIAN HAIR DOES NOT HAVE AN ODOR, NOR DOES IT HAVE NITS. I obviously know what nits are if I can suggest buying a lice remover kit. Is it possible that you've bought your hair from vendors that didn't care enough about their customers to clean the hair? Is it possible that if these same vendors sold Russian or OTHER European hair or Asian, Brazilian, etc. that the hair would have an odor and nits?

I don't understand how a people can make such a broad general sweeping statements about a product because they've had problems with just a few cruddy dealers and have admittedly stated that they have never seen the type of hair I was talking about and said that it would not match ANY caucasian hair. OR have bought dirty hair and say that Indian hair has an odor and nits. OR that they've bought hair that THEY assumed was virgin which was found out by reading the sites info (simple right?) that it's not and bought other hair SYSTEMS with virgin hair (by reading again) that the has was not virgin say that ALL Indian hair was processed.
  No one can be blamed for misunderstanding BUT after the facts had been pointed out, for OTHERS, to continually repeat the SAME misinformation?????? And THEY not I became angry, defensive and insulting after their misinformed beliefs were said to be incorrect. 
 As far as I can tell the argument, not angry exchange, here was not that ALL Russian hair was not really Russian but SOME Russian hair vendors were probably selling hair from other sources. Find out their source and buy from them for cheaper prices, it's probably what most women are buying anyway.
  There are almost a billion people in India which justifies the amount of Indian hair bought and sold, there are not as many people in Russia itself. At the rate, the sheer amount of "RUSSIAN" hair that is being sold, but still being touted as rare to find, and for as many years that it has been sold and considering that it takes YEARS for hair to grow to the lengths that are being sold, do you really,really believe that ALL of that VIRGIN hair is coming from "RUSSIAN" citizens? Just about every Russian man, woman and child would be walking around either bald or with short hair because they've sold it. The number just don't add up. 
  Oh and another thing? ALL CAUCASIAN WOMEN DO NOT HAVE FINE NOR SILKY FINE TEXTURED HAIR.  Some have kinky hair, some have thick course hair, some have curly and even coily tight curly hair, some have frizzy hair. ALL INDIAN WOMEN DO NOT HAVE THICK COURSE WAVY, KINKY OR CURLY HAIR. Some have SILKY FINE TEXTURED HAIR. ALL BLACK WOMEN DO NOT HAVE KINKY COURSE THICK HAIR. Some have NATURALLY wavy hair, some have curly hair, some have bone straight hair AND SOME HAVE SILKY FINE TEXTURED HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of us even have blonde hair and blues eyes and are not Bi-racial.Shocked What?

ALL EYES ON ME
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by malibu malibu wrote:

I love it when people point fingers saying this is high school "crap" yet they jump in with long long posts, edits and re-writes, only to pursue the high school "crap".

Exactly!! And I do believe that my post is the longest yetLOLLOL 

Can't we all just get along KissesLOLLOLLOL
ALL EYES ON ME
asinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY 
<DIV>Hey Girlie. I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair. </DIV>
<DIV>I do not believe that most hair labeled as Russian is truly Russian anyway. I think it's just plain fine textured hair, it's just a marketing ploy. Women hear Russian and lose the dang on minds. Why Russian, why not French or Canadian or British or American, how would we know. European? Maybe. Russian only? Please!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Find some fine textured hair and save yourself some money. They're probably using the same fine textured Indian remy I bought and quaddrupled the price!!</DIV>[/QUOTE MSHONEY
Hey Girlie. I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.
I do not believe that most hair labeled as Russian is truly Russian anyway. I think it's just plain fine textured hair, it's just a marketing ploy. Women hear Russian and lose the dang on minds. Why Russian, why not French or Canadian or British or American, how would we know. European? Maybe. Russian only? Please!

Find some fine textured hair and save yourself some money. They're probably using the same fine textured Indian remy I bought and quaddrupled the price!!
[/QUOTE wrote:

What rubbed me the wrong way was this:  I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.

How do you know?

No, not EVERY indian woman has lice, I know that.  As I stated, I have found nits on the majority of the indian hair I have used.  My own experience!  I made NO broad generalizations.

Oh, and yes, sorry I came 'late' to the conversation, I didnt know I wasn't allowed to answer questions on my own time, forgive me. 

Sorry I

What rubbed me the wrong way was this:  I've bought very fine very silky virgin Indian remy hair. It will match ANY fine caucasian textured hair.

How do you know?

No, not EVERY indian woman has lice, I know that.  As I stated, I have found nits on the majority of the indian hair I have used.  My own experience!  I made NO broad generalizations.

Oh, and yes, sorry I came 'late' to the conversation, I didnt know I wasn't allowed to answer questions on my own time, forgive me. 

Sorry I'll just take my bullish ass and go lick my wounds.  OuchLOL

edited cause I'm not a comuter know it and I messed up the quote somehow

Edited by asinnamon - July 24 2007 at 9:20pm
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:40pm
whatever.
ALL EYES ON ME
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic