Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which conditioners are best for damaged hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which conditioners are best for damaged hair?
    Posted: June 28 2004 at 1:27am
What hair serums and conditioners does everyone suggest for dry damaged (colortreated) hair? Which brands does everyone prefer? Which ones are the best? Thanks!

Linny
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 3:14am
Try Aveda peoducts.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2004 at 2:14pm
Try aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in conditioner or infusium 23 leave-in conditioner.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2004 at 5:13pm
With dry damaged hair, I'd recommend some natural treatments in addition to conditioners and serums. Try a heavy oiling with jojoba or sweet almond, before a hairwash. I've been doing this before every wash, only with coconut oil, and it's restored a huge amount of moisture.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 5:30am
I used Herbal Essence Intensive Blends, like the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in afterwards, as well as Infusium 23 leave-in when necessary. My hair was sooooo fried. *sweatdrops* But no matter what conditioners and things you use, your hair will still be damaged, just the conditioners will make it appear healthier for a while. It's best to just be gentle with your hair so as not to damage it again, and trim off the damaged bits as much as you can stand to, every few weeks or so, until they're all out.
More awesome than a manatee!
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2004 at 10:37pm
If you don't have a really oily scalp, wash your hair every other day. It'll allow your natural oils time to replenish your hair a bit.

I'm fond of the Aussie line of deep conditioners.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic