Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Long Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Long Hair?
    Posted: February 19 2005 at 10:44am
Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

Kalika's blond hair is synthetic shrinkie extensions. She had a bleaching accident not long ago.

Amazing, huh?

Oh wow, I couldn't tell at all. It looks so shiny, I assumed it MUST be natural.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 10:15pm
Kalika's blond hair is synthetic shrinkie extensions. She had a bleaching accident not long ago.

Amazing, huh?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 8:26pm
Kalika, I would just like to say: WOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

That hair is amazing--the shine, length, color, and just... everything. =D I would love it if you answered a few questions.

-What's your natural haircolor?
-How long have you been growing it out?
-What is your hair wash routine?
-What conditioners and shampoos do you use?
-Do you use oils? if so, what kinds?

As for people who pressure others into dying their hair or cutting it, I just stopped paying attention. I made the mistake about 2 years ago to cut my hair to ear length because my friends pressured me into it. They all didn't like my BSL hair, but now that it's grown out to my waist or so, everyone loves it and begs me not to ever cut it.
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 12:22pm
Hi Susan, nice to meet you!

Yes she is a "witch" and quite a few other things I probably wouldn't want to say on an open forum.

Anyway, thanks for the message.

Sarah redhairedgirl
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 12:59pm
Hi Redheadgirl:

I am so sorry to hear that. What kind of a girlfriend would do somthing like that. She must be a real piece of work.

Remember, your hair will grow back. This "Witch", lost a good friend. That is somthing, that will never grow back.

Susan
Susan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 12:24pm
Thanks for the replies. I reckon my hair will have grown out enough for extensions in about a month. It's the glue-in type I am looking to get. I know I probably can't have my hair as long as it was, with extensions, but I would settle for shoulder length to start with.
I will try and have a more positive attitude to my short hair in the meantime. At least I can get ready quicker in the morning!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 2:17pm
I am very sad to hear that you were conned into cutting your hair, Redhairedgirl. I know what happened stinks, but don't let this "friend" know you are unhappy. Wear it as pretty as possible, take pride in it and hold your head up. A well-shaped short cut can look cute on nearly every woman. Remember always that it WILL grow back!
Why *I* love long hair on most women is b/c it gives them a mystical aura, an extra dimension of beauty that no shorter style can match. So many women become just another pretty face in the crowd to me after cutting their magnificent manes. I just saw the March 2005 GH mag yesterday, and they chop some lovely woman's hip length tresses into a classic housewife bob with choppy layers. She still looks pretty, but her hair no longer accentuates her loveliness to the extent that her long locks did, in my opinion. Before the shearing, EVERY man's head would have turned, believe me!
As for my wife's long hair, the smell, softness and luxuriant aura of her waist length tresses make it like Christmas every day. And yes, she has come to love it too, esp. its texture. Bob
P.S. Kalika and others, WOW!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 1:43pm
just do your research for extensions.

I got the same thing no matter HOW I wear my hair. if its blonde "why be blonde?" if its dark "why go dark?" long - short - yada yada

"cause I wanna" is my favorite anwser

Hair to me is an accessory. I wear it any color and length I want to, however the mood fits.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 12:18pm
I was persuaded to have my nearly waist length hair cut really short about a month ago by my now ex-best friend. I found out after that she only did it to see if I would go through with it (*****)! So I would love to have long hair again. Short hair sucks. As soon as it is long enough, I am going to have extensions, I reckon it will take about 3 years for it to grow back naturally to how it was.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 11:55am
Hi Blonde.

I am sorry. I must of misunderstood.

To answer your question. My hair length is down to the top of my breasts. I plan on maybe another inch or two. This is the perfect length for me.

Hugs - Susan
Susan
BlondeJohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 2:02am
Susan, I was talking in general terms. I didn't say that women attempt to pressure other women into a certain length of hair, what I meant was that women with certain hair lengths relate to each other.
My wife wears very short hair, and most of her girlfriends have either long or medium length hair, and she gets along fine with them, and I'm sure she never tells them how to wear their hair, she wouldn't do that.
But she always is very happy and excited when one of her girlfriends decides to get her hair cut short.
That is what I meant.
I plan on growing my tresses to tailbone length.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 12:41pm
Hi Hi:

BlondeJohn wrote the following.

"Birds of a feather flock together" Sherrie! Long haired women want other women to wear long hair and short haired women like other women to wear short hair.

With all due respect. I must disagree. I have long hair and I never try to get anyone to wear there hair either long or short. I do not like anyone telling me what I should do. I would never tell anyone else what to do with there hair.

Hugs - Susan
Susan
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 11:59pm
I like my current length that's in my sig.

My hair isn't very heavy so unless I'm looking at a picture I don't notice how long it is. I don't think I want to ever go above where it is now. That's part of why I slowed down and cut the 3 inches off last month. I want to enjoy this length a bit more before something does get harder.

And catch up the breakage, and learn styles, and try stuff.

I'm glad you're happy Viktoria.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 10:43pm
Noone ever says anything to me about my hair. Except the husband, who compliments me all the time, even when it looks really crappy. (He´s a dear.) It is waist length and will probably grow to tail. I probably won´t bother with any longer than that.

Actually, I just recently started to feel natural and comfortable with it, it´s never been this long before and the first year or so, it´s been very much like something outside of me, something I put on. But I´m getting there, slowly. Anyone else experience that? I mean having to get used to your own hair.

I like it because it´s really low maintenance and a classic look. I know I will keep it this way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 12:17am
Birds of a feather flock together Sherrie!

Long haired women want other women to wear long hair and short haired women like other women to wear short hair.

My wife, who is very tolerant of all hair lengths, does like it when a woman she knows gets her hair cut real short, since my wife wears ultra short hair.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 9:56pm
Heres a good one, my one friend 'Brenda' was cursed with naturally crappy hair that will not grow past her shoulders without getting fine and scraggly looking. I wear and do hair extensions. So we put extensions in her hair. They looked amazing. Her hair was beautiful, and she was she most confident that I have ever seen her. Complete strangers commented on her amazing hair. But never the local people she knows or female friends. Until she had to remove them, she went to work in a fiberglass factory and it was to hard on long hair so we removed them. Then all the people she knows would comment. 'Oh Brenda you look so much better with short hair', or 'short hair is more you'. And these comments usually came from women with short hair!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by BlondeJohn BlondeJohn wrote:

EKatherine, how long is your hair? It looks very nice!

It's about 35-1/2" long as measured from my front hairline. I figure that puts it about 1-1/2" from tailbone (according to my anatomical research), or about 6" from classic.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

My personal feeling is that if someone has to ask, "Why long hair?", they're never going to understand.

Exactly.

It's the same thing with when people who don't have computers ask why you go on the internet so much? Or why do you visit forums or talk to strangers? Why a hair care forum?

I haven't necessarily had those questions but I recall a lot of posts over the years with things like that.

Why did I travel hundreds of miles just to stop at lighthouses for 5-10 minutes and then leave? Because I wanted to experience it. I now miss doing that instead of regretting not doing it. No one can ever take that away from me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 1:09pm
EKatherine, how long is your hair? It looks very nice!

misterhappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misterhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 9:39am
Because I've always wanted it and finally feel the freedom to act on it. It is not an appearance thing, it is purely tactile. Oh and Mrs. Happy says she is done with long hair...

Mr. Happy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic