Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite shampoos?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 9:14am
Originally posted by dj727 dj727 wrote:

LoL. It's True. But ya know, Im a 16/male. I just dyed my hair, and hair dye kills dandruff < cool.

That's funny! Well, he doesn't dye his hair. I think that head and shoulders is probably putting some "secret" ingredient in the shampoo so you feel that you have to buy some more to cure the dandruff. But, he changed to another brand (not sure which one) and it went away.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 12:37pm
Some people don't react well to salicylic acid or whichever anti-inflammatory they put into Head and Shoulders. Dandruff shampoos usually contain some sort of medicated ingredient to control the flaking. Head and Shoulders also contains a very harsh cleanser... sorry I keep stressing this cleanser thing... It's a big issue.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 12:16am
No fair, I've dyed my hair just about every imaginable shade and it's never done anything for dandruff :-( . I get none of the luck!
I used both shampoo and normal conditioner from Fructis, but not the deep conditioner, since I don't have problems with dryness anymore. It smells nice, but made my hair feel so hard I only bothered to use it a couple of times. Most shampoos, even if they don't make my hair any fluffier, at least make it silky soft, so a shampoo that can't even do that isn't worth trying out for long.
*shrugs* It's kind of lame, just "black cat". A lot of my nicknames are cat-names, because it relates to my real name, Katherine.
More awesome than a manatee!
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

No fair, I've dyed my hair just about every imaginable shade and it's never done anything for dandruff :-( . I get none of the luck!
I used both shampoo and normal conditioner from Fructis, but not the deep conditioner, since I don't have problems with dryness anymore. It smells nice, but made my hair feel so hard I only bothered to use it a couple of times. Most shampoos, even if they don't make my hair any fluffier, at least make it silky soft, so a shampoo that can't even do that isn't worth trying out for long.
*shrugs* It's kind of lame, just "black cat". A lot of my nicknames are cat-names, because it relates to my real name, Katherine.

Hi Kuroneko..first of all, I like your real name. And, I like your user name, too. Anything, in my book, that is cat related is a good thing! But, anyway, when you say that Garnier makes your hair feel "hard", what exactly do you mean? You said that you don't have problems with dryness anymore, so I don't know what you mean by hard. Thanks!

Kathy
.....Steven Wright
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 5:44pm
I used Garnier Frutis shampoo. It made my hair feel rough and dry <<<< maybe thats what Kuroneko meant. But I dont use Garnier shampoo no more. I sometimes use Dove Intense Moisture shampoo and conditioner cuz sometimes I straighten and blow dry my hair << thats why I need Intense Moisture.

It sounds weird cuz Im 16/male. 'And your probably thinkin for a male he straightens and dyes his hair!'
I sometimes straighten my hair cuz the way I style it and I have waves and curls, so I straighten them. And I only dyed my hair about 3 times cuz I needed a change.

What a boring life I have.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 8:03pm
I bet "hard" hair is just hair that feels plastic, like barbie or doll hair.
Hey dj727, lots of guys do things with their hair that is perceived as "feminine". I respect you for having the guts to come out and tell everyone. Don't be afraid to style your hair if it makes you feel good about yourself : )

Anais
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 2:53am
I guess "plastic" is a better explanation than anything I could've come up with. It's just that most things make my hair silky, and Fructis is one of the few things I've tried that makes it feel closer to wig hair instead, so it wasn't worth using.
It's fine for men to dye or straighten or whatever they like with their hair, now. There are even a lot of companies starting to market dyes especially to men, so you're definitely not the only one doing it. There's no reason to feel self-conscious :-) .
More awesome than a manatee!
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I guess "plastic" is a better explanation than anything I could've come up with. It's just that most things make my hair silky, and Fructis is one of the few things I've tried that makes it feel closer to wig hair instead, so it wasn't worth using.
It's fine for men to dye or straighten or whatever they like with their hair, now. There are even a lot of companies starting to market dyes especially to men, so you're definitely not the only one doing it. There's no reason to feel self-conscious :-) .

Now, wig hair, that I understand!
.....Steven Wright
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 7:02am
Is no one going to mention Pantene's Soft&Smooth Line? By the way, I'm a guy, and I absolutely could not live without my conditioner by my side. lol. Anyway, I love Pantene's Smoothin Line. The conditioner really coats my hair and leaves it smoother so that when I straighten it, I get less damage.

dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 8:13am
Finally! A guy that uses conditioner and straightens his hair just like me!
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 1:31pm
heck yea! I would not be going outside with my hair in its natural state - its just horrible. I have to soften it and straighten 3 times a week.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 1:58pm
matrix sleek.look
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2004 at 10:00am
I like the TRESemme shampoos. Nice and cheap and do their job.

I've tried more expensive products like Redken, Sebastian, and Nexxus and none of them did anything more for my hair than the cheap brands do.

I avoid the VO5 line since it does the whole plastic hair feel for me. It must have the harshest ingredients known to man in there, because my hair is really resilient to drying products like bleach, colorants, etc...

ae_boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae_boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 4:03pm
i use salon selectives "Clean Slate"

luv it!
tinna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 9:29am
I use Shwarzkopf Supersoft shampoo with conditioner in it. its really good and your hair is so soft and shiny when you use it. i have straight hair but it is permed it makes my hair soft and shiny whatever it looks likes! I love it!

tinna

ps its da purple one!
tinna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 9:33am
i use shwarzkopf supersoft shampoo. its really good and makes your hair super soft and shiny! i love it!

tinna xx

ps its da 1 in da purple bottle!
Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 8:12pm
I dont really use alot of shampoo im African American and alot of people i know are into a "no poo" thing we they only use conditionor
my favorite is pantene daily moisture renewal, or garnier 3 min masque

I also like the pantene women of color conditionor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic