Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite shampoos?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite shampoos?!
    Posted: July 28 2004 at 3:26pm
Hey! What are some of your favorite shampoo and conditioners? Thnx.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 10:48pm
--Finesse Moisturizing for dry or coarse hair
Leaves my coarse hair very soft. I think it has Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate though, and and contains a silk protein and a dimethicone ingredient for smoothness.. some hair may not like 'cone products though, especially fine hair types.

--Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo
not sure what this is good for.. I use it because it smells like Down To Earth bubblebath. I haven't studied the PMAS ingredients. Contains a lot of questionable herbal extracts that I'm not sure actually have any effect on hair. Gives me pretty generic results.

--Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner
--Suave Professionals BioBasics conditioner

Both of these Suave products give me salon-quality results for a buck fifty each 14.5 oz. Great detangling properties. The Humectant smells like coconut and the BioBasics smells like Tahitian Monoi (Tiare). They contain water-soluble silicone ingredients that supposedly require less clarifying (my porosity is high though... so this ingredient works best on Caucasian hair types probably. I clarify with apple cider vinegar once every two weeks. Also, curly-hairs will looooove both of these Suave conditioners for CO wash.)

Anais

straight, coarse, thick and sleek, dark-brown mid-back length hair. oily scalp.
swt_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swt_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 4:47pm
i like the loreal vive one..
i think thats whats it called
the one with the orange bottle
i loooove it
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 8:20pm
Cool. Jessica Biel has a commercial for Loreal Color Vive shampoo. Thats my fav commercial cuz Jessica Biel is in it. I love her!
Samrk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2004 at 2:16pm
brilliant brunette shine release moisturizing shampoo, and brilliant brunette light reflecting conditioner! also sedal melanin UV conditioner!
thepromisering View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepromisering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2004 at 10:32pm
I hope to try the new Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine pair.

But now my current favs are

Garnier Fructis Shampoo (doesn't matter which type, there is barely any ingredient difference)

L'Oreal VIVE Smooth Intense Conditioner (it really doesn't matter which conditioner you use from this line, they all have the necessary ingredients to make your hair smooth. Although the scent of each results in an "ofactory assault" quoted from a reviewer.)

John Frieda Brillient Brunette shampoos smell simply incredible. But I promised myself to stop the spending on my hair, soon to be chopped off.
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 6:14am
If your asking why I asked this question is cuz Im going the buy shampoo today, and I wanted to know which were best and stuff. I wanna buy that L'Oreal Fresh Vive.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 2:30am
Keeps your hair smelling fresh for days, or looking fresh? I don't notice a problem with my hair smelling weird, but if there's anything that'll keep it looking fresh so I didn't have to wash every other day to keep it from greasing and flaking up, that would be good.
More awesome than a manatee!
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 4:20pm
I got back from Wal*Mart. I ended up buying TRESemme shampoo and conditioner for dry damaged hair. I was gonna buy the L'Oreal Vive shampoo like I said, but its way expensive for such a little bottle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 7:11pm
Depending on your location, TRESemme can be good or bad... some locations I've checked have a TRESemme variety that has SLES as the main surfactant (great) but some have a combination of the ammoniums. Check the ingredients: you'll want the TRESemme that has "sodium laureth sulfate" or "sodium lauryl ether sulfate"

Anais
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 9:57am
I switch between the suave biobasics shampoo and conditioner and the loreal vive smooth intense line. I really like the results with both because they make my hair really shiny and healthy looking. I don't look at ingredients too much because I've never really had many problems with my hair being dry, but that may be because when I blow dry, I only blow dry partially..just to get the main dampness out.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
ballet dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballet dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 3:44pm
Hi, I'm currently useing mositure manic by bed head and like it alot.

Garnier Fructis is also good, the normal hair, anti-dandruff worked well, and the color one.

Lisa
mizz_perfect442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 6:06pm
look out for this one in a green bottle or heads and shoulders tend to work its great my hair after i use either one is smooth,silky and soft.
which i lik

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 9:47pm
By the "one in the green bottle", if you mean the Garnier Fructis it's a great shampoo with a very gentle salon-quality cleanser. Great recommendation!

Anais
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 12:27am
I tried Garnier Fructis before, but it wasn't that good for me-- it made my hair feel harder somehow, and it looked flatter. Apparently anything in a green bottle isn't good for me, since I also don't care for Renewal 5x, or whatever they're calling it now.
I've been using the kind of Dove for fine, dyed hair lately, and it's all right, I guess. *shrugs* The thing I've tried I liked best so far was the Te Tao lotus, but that's like disappeared lately :-( , so I'm looking for something else. Not sure what I'll try next.
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 12:48am
Hi Kuroneko
Two questions for you:
1) Were you using both the S&C from Garnier Fructis? I understand many finehairs don't get good results from this brand.
2) Your sn sounds Japanese. Does it have a meaning? It's very pretty.

Anais Satin
mizz_perfect442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizz_perfect442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 9:08am
yer thats the one and condisher and shampoo in one head and shoulders is also good as well.

from
Mizz P
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 11:55am
I used Garnier Frutis shampoo, and it made my feel like straw and it made my hair dry and itchy. I didnt like it. I had dandruff a couple months ago, so I used Head and Shoudlers <<< that gave me more dandruff than I already had! So I switched to Dove Intense Moisture shampoo and conditioner << good stuff! It got rid of the dandruff I used to have! :) I use so many shampoo's and conditioner's, including TRESemme, Dove, Super Straight Hair shampoo.

Anyone ever use Super Straight Hair shampoo?? I bought that at the Dollar Store last year, and Im finally using it! It works though!

Thnx for all the reply's to my thread! Keep 'em coming...lol.
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by dj727 dj727 wrote:

I used Garnier Frutis shampoo, and it made my feel like straw and it made my hair dry and itchy. I didnt like it. I had dandruff a couple months ago, so I used Head and Shoudlers <<< that gave me more dandruff than I already had! So I switched to Dove Intense Moisture shampoo and conditioner << good stuff! It got rid of the dandruff I used to have! :) I use so many shampoo's and conditioner's, including TRESemme, Dove, Super Straight Hair shampoo.

Anyone ever use Super Straight Hair shampoo?? I bought that at the Dollar Store last year, and Im finally using it! It works though!

Thnx for all the reply's to my thread! Keep 'em coming...lol.

That's funny about what you said about the head and shoulders. My husband said the same thing when he used it!
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 8:05am
LoL. It's True. But ya know, Im a 16/male. I just dyed my hair, and hair dye kills dandruff < cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic