Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlemon coloring????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lemon coloring????
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:38am
i read in a magnazine that you could lighten your already blonde hair with lemons . is that true? if so please e mail me back telling me how to do so . thanks alot . pleaseeeeeee write back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!melissa
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:38am
Yes you can do it...sort of. It may only lighten is a little BUT the lemons are acidic and will strip the natural oils from your hair shaft so I don't recommend you try it. I actually did the lemon juice on my hair trick when I was a teenager and I would sit out on the sun to try and get the lemon juice to bake into my hair. It did lighten it a little bit but it made it really really dry and it felt horrible.If you want blonde highlights try one of the color shampoos from ARTec or Aveda or get a gentle vegetable color that will gradually shampoo our OR try one of the hair mascaras.I do not recommend lemons because of the overall effect on the hair cuticle.Best wishes,Karen> i read in a magnazine that you could lighten your> already blonde hair with lemons . is that true? if so> please e mail me back telling me how to do so . thanks> alot . pleaseeeeeee write> back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!> melissa
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic