Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rushell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advice
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
First of all.....my compliments to the wonderful website.Here's my dilema. My hair has been driving me CRAZY for the past several months. It's basically a misbehaving mess.Here's the deal. I have medium length dark brown hair, a tiny bit past my shoulders, in layers. I wash it at night, and let it dry naturally. (I don't like using the hair dryer. However, I WILL if there is a good way to use it.) Well, I use a large (1 inch + ) curling iron on it in the morning when I have time. I often don't have a lot of time in the morning. However, when I do curl my hair with the curling iron, it really just falls before I even get out the door. Even if I curl it with a small curling iron (about 3/4 inch) I used to have naturally curly/wavy hair, so naturally straight is unusual for me. With my pear face shape, I really don't look good with just straight flat hair, although that is the style I think. With my layers, I do get a little body, but the end result is usually a flip style, although I curl the hair under. I don't really like this style though. And, it is still flat on top. I have tried hot rollers, but they only give me the "just got out of bed, living in the 50s" kind of look. (Really messy and full around the top, with it sticking out every which way near the bottom) Which, I really HATE! So, I avoid the hot rollers. I'm going to get a hair cut this weekend, and need some advice. I want a style that easy to do (I can spend up to 30 minutes...but easy is important). And, of course, I want to stop having to do the ponytail thing EVERYDAY! And......cutting it all off is out!Anyone out there.....Please help!Thanks in advance!!Rushell
Ms Rush
Michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
Okay, I was reading a magazine the other day and it had a recipe for some homemade hair coloring. Do you know of any more?
eric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
> First of all.....my compliments to the wonderful> website.> Here's my dilema. My hair has been driving me CRAZY> for the past several months. It's basically a> misbehaving mess.> Here's the deal. I have medium length dark brown hair,> a tiny bit past my shoulders, in layers. I wash it at> night, and let it dry naturally. (I don't like using> the hair dryer. However, I WILL if there is a good way> to use it.) Well, I use a large (1 inch + ) curling> iron on it in the morning when I have time. I often> don't have a lot of time in the morning. However, when> I do curl my hair with the curling iron, it really> just falls before I even get out the door. Even if I> curl it with a small curling iron (about 3/4 inch) I> used to have naturally curly/wavy hair, so naturally> straight is unusual for me. With my pear face shape, I> really don't look good with just straight flat hair,> although that is the style I think. With my layers, I> do get a little body, but the end result is usually a> flip style, although I curl the hair under. I don't> really like this style though. And, it is still flat> on top. I have tried hot rollers, but they only give> me the "just got out of bed, living in the> 50s" kind of look. (Really messy and full around> the top, with it sticking out every which way near the> bottom) Which, I really HATE! So, I avoid the hot> rollers. I'm going to get a hair cut this weekend, and> need some advice. I want a style that easy to do (I> can spend up to 30 minutes...but easy is important).> And, of course, I want to stop having to do the> ponytail thing EVERYDAY! And......cutting it all off> is out!> Anyone out there.....Please help!> Thanks in advance!!> Rushell
eric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
well good luck and i hope you found the right cut for your hair maybe a body wave will work Post your response thanks
Rushell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:43am
What was this post supposed to say? Did I miss something?RushellI got a pretty good haircut, but still not perfect. It will have to do though.
Ms Rush
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic