Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNature´s Gate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature´s Gate
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi!I thinking about trying Nature Gate but I dont know which line I should buy. I have dry, brittle and damaged hair, its pretty thick and colored (but I don´t color it anymore).Any suggestions??Can you recommend Nature Gate for one with dry and almost damaged hair?Do they have any deep treatmnets?Thank you very much, I love this site!
Elaine
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi,I know that Cher and Dawn of RareGems love Nature's Gate. I personally have not had good luck with it except for the Chamomile Shampoo and conditioner (for blonde hair). I have recently been using Aubrey Organic and 2 other all natural hair care products with GREAT results. For my naturally dry hair I have found the Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose to really soften and moisture my hair. I use both the shampoo and conditioner and have found that if I wait a day between shampoos, my hair looks fantastic by the 2nd day. The shine is unreal. I have been getting lots of compliments on a weekly basis.I have also been trying two other "all natural" shampoos and so far, I still prefer the Aubrey somewhat.I use Aveda's Beautifying Oil 2-3x per week before I go to bed. I pour 6-8 drops into the palms of my hands and then rub the mixture through my hair focusing on the ends.Yes I have tried other oils like straight jojoba, but for me, the Aveda Beautifying works the best.I also use ARTec Moisture Pak about 2-3 times a month. I have tried to find an all natural alternative but have not found one yet that works as well.ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner is also a product that works well for moisturing my dry hair. I have just found that I like the Aubrey better. Unfortunately I have been telling everyone that I ask about the Aubrey and now all the shelves at Whole Foods are empty. ARGH. Anyway, I ordered online and got several bottle to hoard. :-)Hope that helps.Best wishes,Karen> Hi!> I thinking about trying Nature Gate but I dont know> which line I should buy. I have dry, brittle and> damaged hair, its pretty thick and colored (but I> don´t color it anymore).> Any suggestions??> Can you recommend Nature Gate for one with dry and> almost damaged hair?> Do they have any deep treatmnets?> Thank you very much, I love this site!
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Cher~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
I used to use Nature's GAte but also like Karen I have switched to Aubrey nowadays. But if you want to try out NG, give the JOjoba variety a try. It's very moisturizing.Aubrey is much more pricey but I am more happy with the results to pay the difference. I currently use 3 varieties of Aubrey and love the results. As for NG.. it's great for the price.. and a good product averaging 5 bucks a bottle. But I must say I do not use it any longer. Aubrey has taken over completely. take care.. Cher~> I know that Cher and Dawn of RareGems love Nature's> Gate. I personally have not had good luck with it> except for the Chamomile Shampoo and conditioner (for> blonde hair). I have recently been using Aubrey> Organic and 2 other all natural hair care products> with GREAT results. For my naturally dry hair I have> found the Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose to really> soften and moisture my hair. I use both the shampoo> and conditioner and have found that if I wait a day> between shampoos, my hair looks fantastic by the 2nd> day. The shine is unreal. I have been getting lots of> compliments on a weekly basis.> I have also been trying two other "all> natural" shampoos and so far, I still prefer the> Aubrey somewhat.> I use Aveda's Beautifying Oil 2-3x per week before I> go to bed. I pour 6-8 drops into the palms of my hands> and then rub the mixture through my hair focusing on> the ends.> Yes I have tried other oils like straight jojoba, but> for me, the Aveda Beautifying works the best.> I also use ARTec Moisture Pak about 2-3 times a month.> I have tried to find an all natural alternative but> have not found one yet that works as well.> ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner is also a> product that works well for moisturing my dry hair. I> have just found that I like the Aubrey better.> Unfortunately I have been telling everyone that I ask> about the Aubrey and now all the shelves at Whole> Foods are empty. ARGH. Anyway, I ordered online and> got several bottle to hoard. :-)> Hope that helps.> Best wishes,> Karen
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi Karen,What other two "all natural" shampoos have you been trying? Just curious. Thanks,PD> Hi,> I know that Cher and Dawn of RareGems love Nature's> Gate. I personally have not had good luck with it> except for the Chamomile Shampoo and conditioner (for> blonde hair). I have recently been using Aubrey> Organic and 2 other all natural hair care products> with GREAT results. For my naturally dry hair I have> found the Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose to really> soften and moisture my hair. I use both the shampoo> and conditioner and have found that if I wait a day> between shampoos, my hair looks fantastic by the 2nd> day. The shine is unreal. I have been getting lots of> compliments on a weekly basis.> I have also been trying two other "all> natural" shampoos and so far, I still prefer the> Aubrey somewhat.> I use Aveda's Beautifying Oil 2-3x per week before I> go to bed. I pour 6-8 drops into the palms of my hands> and then rub the mixture through my hair focusing on> the ends.> Yes I have tried other oils like straight jojoba, but> for me, the Aveda Beautifying works the best.> I also use ARTec Moisture Pak about 2-3 times a month.> I have tried to find an all natural alternative but> have not found one yet that works as well.> ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner is also a> product that works well for moisturing my dry hair. I> have just found that I like the Aubrey better.> Unfortunately I have been telling everyone that I ask> about the Aubrey and now all the shelves at Whole> Foods are empty. ARGH. Anyway, I ordered online and> got several bottle to hoard. :-)> Hope that helps.> Best wishes,> Karen
Ëlaine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ëlaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi!Thanks for the answer! I must say that i have used Aubrey Organics and for me it was a disappointment. The Honeysuckle Rose shampoo & conditioner did nothing for my dry hair (I just read that someone else on this board said the same), I`ve also tried GPB, my hair became pretty shiny but it felt dry, I`ve also tried Jojoba And Aloe conditoner and the results was great!! But the price on that product is very high so I don´t know if I can afford it. I consider trying a another all natural hairproduct called NaturaLenghts - maybe you have tried this one Karen?Oh by the way, I thinking about trying a product from Aubrey Organics called Blue Green Algae Hair Mask but if that product doesnt work on my hair (after all I`ve heard about it) my hair must be pretty damaged..However I will give NG a try and see what results I get..
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi,I have been "revisiting" Giovanni which I had used many years ago before Aveda. I like the 50/50 formula although I still have a slight preference for the Aubrey HoneysuckleRose. I can not tell you what the Aubrey does for my hair. Tonite I had 2 complete strangers stop and ask me about my hair. Again..I had used the Aubrey. I have also tried Camocare's chamomile shampoo and conditioner but was sad to discover that it had SLS and other additives that my hair does not do well with.Jeff and I are searching for an all natural line to carry here at the Hair Boutique and as most of you know, well hopefully you know...I don't sell anything that I personally don't believe in.So far the Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Normal to Dry Hair Shampoo and Conditioner comes pretty close to Aubrey. Within a hair or so. What I love about Giovanni is that it has so many great all natural styling tools.I also tried Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner but did not really like the results.I spent about 2 hours in Whole Foods today reading shampoo labels. I did find a shea butter product that I am going to test and a GREAT aromatherapy eye pillow that is wonderful.Hope that helps.Best wishes,Karen> Hi Karen,> What other two "all natural" shampoos have> you been trying? Just curious. Thanks,> PD
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi Karen,Where do you buy the "Giovanni" shampoo products? Is it available on the internet? How many days/weeks have you been trying the Giovanni? A lot of questions, I know!Thanks,Holly
Admin Group
Admin Group

Hi Holly,So good to see you. I have been using the Giovanni for about 4 weeks now. I alternate it with the Aubrey. I buy it at Whole Foods in Dallas which also has a huge store on the Internet.I actually used Giovanni for about 1 year straight about 10 years ago. I had great luck with it back then. My hair, 10 years ago, was damaged from intense dieting and I needed to get off any additives to give my hair a "rest". I tried Aubrey back then but had better luck with Giovanni.I used Giovanni pretty religiously for 1 solid year with great results. Then I switched to Aveda...then ARTec and now I mostly use Aubrey.I have to be careful recommending all natural products. Ever since I recommended Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose the Whole Foods in North Dallas has not been able to keep it in stock. :-)A funny story....I was asking the cosmetics buyer at Whole Foods about getting a special order of Aubrey. She said that she was shocked that the Honeysuckle Rose had been flying off the shelf (normally it is not a major seller) and 2 women in a row told her that they read about it on a hair site on the Internet but she had not been the site. She said the site was called something like Hair Boutique or something like that. She said she had not been to the site because she doesn't have a computer. :-)What a funny and interesting story. Anyway, I guess I need to be careful or else I won't be able to get Giovanni either. :-)Hope that helps.Best wishes,Karen> Hi Karen,> Where do you buy the "Giovanni" shampoo> products? Is it available on the internet? How many> days/weeks have you been trying the Giovanni? A lot of> questions, I know!> Thanks,> Holly
Admin Group
Admin Group

Hi Cher,So good to see you here. I am glad to hear that Aubrey is working well for your hair. :-)Best wishes,Karen> I used to use Nature's GAte but also like Karen I have> switched to Aubrey nowadays. But if you want to try> out NG, give the JOjoba variety a try. It's very> moisturizing.> Aubrey is much more pricey but I am more happy with> the results to pay the difference. I currently use 3> varieties of Aubrey and love the results. As for NG..> it's great for the price.. and a good product> averaging 5 bucks a bottle. But I must say I do not> use it any longer. Aubrey has taken over completely.> take care.. Cher~
Admin Group
Admin Group

Hi,Well sometimes what works well on one......unfortunately, just does not work well for others. I know that I was pretty bummed that the Nature's Gate did not work for me because I had heard so many great things about it. Jeff and I both tried several of the NG products and Jeff never found one that he liked. Jeff currently is still using Aveda's Blue Malva shampoo and ARTec Smoothing Conditioner and it works great for his healthy, naturally wavy hair.I have tried lots of different NG combinations and was only able to get the best results with the NG Chamomile shampoo matched with ARTec Smoothing Conditioner or ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and the NG Chamomile conditioner. I could never use the NG shampoo and conditioner together without problems. Specifically it would make my ends feel sticky...which I could never understand.Dawn from RareGems always posted on all the hair boards that she really slathered the NG conditioner on her hair and that seemed to work great. I tried that and it was OK. However, I still never was completely satisfied with any of the NG. I loved the price but it does contain SLS which my hair seems to have problems with. Don't ask me why.I guess the Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose is just a good match for my hair type which tends to be very dry from highlighting it and it have always been naturally coarse and slightly dry, before highlighting it. Jeff does not like it nor do a couple of my other friends. However, it works for me and my hair feels better than it has in a long time. Go figure.I have not tried NaturalLengths but I have heard of it and read about it.Thanks for all the feedback. Let us know how you do with the other products you are testing.Best wishes,Karen> Hi!> Thanks for the answer! I must say that i have used> Aubrey Organics and for me it was a disappointment.> The Honeysuckle Rose shampoo & conditioner did> nothing for my dry hair (I just read that someone else> on this board said the same), I`ve also tried GPB, my> hair became pretty shiny but it felt dry, I`ve also> tried Jojoba And Aloe conditoner and the results was> great!! But the price on that product is very high so> I don´t know if I can afford it. I consider trying a> another all natural hairproduct called NaturaLenghts -> maybe you have tried this one Karen?> Oh by the way, I thinking about trying a product from> Aubrey Organics called Blue Green Algae Hair Mask but> if that product doesnt work on my hair (after all I`ve> heard about it) my hair must be pretty damaged..> However I will give NG a try and see what results I> get..
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:47am
Have you tried NaturaLengths? I read about it at longhairlovers.com, and it sounds exciting. Completely natural, like Aubrey. I personally am afraid to try it because I'm afraid it might weigh down my thin hair. However, people with dry thick hair might enjoy it. What do you think?PD> Hi,> I have been "revisiting" Giovanni which I> had used many years ago before Aveda. I like the 50/50> formula although I still have a slight preference for> the Aubrey Honeysuckle> Rose. I can not tell you what the Aubrey does for my> hair. Tonite I had 2 complete strangers stop and ask> me about my hair. Again..I had used the Aubrey. I have> also tried Camocare's chamomile shampoo and> conditioner but was sad to discover that it had SLS> and other additives that my hair does not do well> with.> Jeff and I are searching for an all natural line to> carry here at the Hair Boutique and as most of you> know, well hopefully you know...I don't sell anything> that I personally don't believe in.> So far the Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Normal to Dry Hair> Shampoo and Conditioner comes pretty close to Aubrey.> Within a hair or so. What I love about Giovanni is> that it has so many great all natural styling tools.> I also tried Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera Shampoo> and Conditioner but did not really like the results.> I spent about 2 hours in Whole Foods today reading> shampoo labels. I did find a shea butter product that> I am going to test and a GREAT aromatherapy eye pillow> that is wonderful.> Hope that helps.> Best wishes,> Karen
Cher~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:47am
> Hello Karen.. I hope all is well with you. Yes, Aubrey is a huge winner with me. I am currently using the Mandarin Magic's Ginkgo leaf and Earth smoke shampoo with the Moisturizing Jelly. It's my favorite. I also use the JAY along with the GPB which is great after a day on the boat. It's wonderful for the deep conditioning treatments.My newest variety is the White Camellia and Jasmine shampoo which I use with the matching spray conditioner. My whole regime is switching over to Aubrey along with the soaps and facial line... really I am experimenting with all their products. I am totally won over. My NG supply is gradually being used up by my kids.(and dogs) I love the way Aubrey makes my silver look. My hair is really at it's best right now. I am getting compliments which hasn't happened for so long...actually I got 2 compliments just this week .. one on how lovely my silver is..!!!I keep a bottle of the Tangle go conditioner in my purse and use it 2-3 times a day to hold down the body and keepin the waves.. it's great. I have stopped using all oils or other products, even my Aveda Phomollient is just sitting. Aubrey seems to take complete care of my hair. We are getting a new VitaminShoppe in our town so I am hoping they will carry more of the line.I hope your hair is coming along.. take care.. Cher~Hi Cher,> So good to see you here. I am glad to hear that Aubrey> is working well for your hair. :-)> Best wishes,> Karen
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:48am
Hi Cher,Wow. Sounds like Aubrey is doing as good for you as for me. :-) I feel bad that I have not ventured much beyond the Honeysuckle Rose but I have been eyeballing the White Camellia and Jasmine the last few times that I was at Whole Foods. I use my NG to wash my pantyhose since I don't have kids or pets......well I have a hermit crab named Edmund Hillary, but he never shampoos. :-)Thanks for sharing all the good stuff on Aubrey. Your hair sounds really beautiful. Isn't it great when it is behaving? Thanks again for the hair news. My hair is holding on pretty well in spite of my recent illness. It is actually getting better and starting to grow again. :-)Have a great week.Karen> My newest variety is the White Camellia and Jasmine> shampoo which I use with the matching spray> conditioner. My whole regime is switching over to> Aubrey along with the soaps and facial line... really> I am experimenting with all their products. I am> totally won over. My NG supply is gradually being used> up by my kids.(and dogs) I love the way Aubrey makes> my silver look. My hair is really at it's best right> now. I am getting compliments which hasn't happened> for so long...actually I got 2 compliments just this> week .. one on how lovely my silver is..!!!> I keep a bottle of the Tangle go conditioner in my> purse and use it 2-3 times a day to hold down the body> and keep> in the waves.. it's great. I have stopped using all> oils or other products, even my Aveda Phomollient is> just sitting. Aubrey seems to take complete care of my> hair. We are getting a new VitaminShoppe in our town> so I am hoping they will carry more of the line.> I hope your hair is coming along.. take care.. Cher~> Hi Cher,
Cher~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:49am
> I had a good laugh on the hermit crab not shampooing..cute. Glad to hear your hair is surviving and thriving.I have only used the Camellia/jasmine shampoo once. And like it. It's formulated for dry hair so that's why I gave it a try. I was going to try the Honeysuckle but the Camellia caught my eye.Actually my most favorite is the Mandarin Magic.. It makes my hair at it's best. The moisturizing jelly makes a great wave maker. NG was causing alot of red highlights to appear in my hair.. which I couldn't stand. Aubrey hasn't caused this a bit. I went today for a trim on the bangs.. I skipped a cut on the back. My husband whined a bit so I humored him... plus, we only have about one more month to boat and swim.. ugh.. hard to believe fall is just around the corner.. my best regards.. Cher~> Wow. Sounds like Aubrey is doing as good for you as> for me. :-) I feel bad that I have not ventured much> beyond the Honeysuckle Rose but I have been eyeballing> the White Camellia and Jasmine the last few times that> I was at Whole Foods. I use my NG to wash my pantyhose> since I don't have kids or pets......well I have a> hermit crab named Edmund Hillary, but he never> shampoos. :-)> Thanks for sharing all the good stuff on Aubrey. Your> hair sounds really beautiful. Isn't it great when it> is behaving? Thanks again for the hair news. My hair> is holding on pretty well in spite of my recent> illness. It is actually getting better and starting to> grow again. :-)> Have a great week.> Karen
Marilyn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:49am
Dawn from RareGems uses Naturalengths. See her post above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic