Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cathy Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathy Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions
    Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:45pm
Does anyone know if you can have extensions, if you are losing your hair or have thinning hair?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:32am
Maybe not. If you are thinning on top and your hair is fine, you are probably not a good candidate for extensions, which really need a good foundation to attach to. They may cause damage to what hair you have left.

Consider an integration system, which is like a wiglet based on a large netting piece. Your own hair can be pulled through the holes. The piece is attached to the hair by weaving or clips. I've seen these, and they can look better than many women's natural hair.

Search on "hair integration". Most large wig sellers online have hairloss sections. Also you might want to visit heralopecia.com. And if you have more questions about extensions or attachments, you can visit the hair extension board on these forums.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 6:20pm
I would not recommend hair extensions if you are losing your hair,They pull on your hair and the result would losing it quicker.IMHO I would not get extensions.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:31pm
You can get what's called an integration...Where a thin cap is made specifically to fit your head. Your hair is then pulled through the cap and blended/integrated with human hair that has been affixed to the cap. It is held securely in place with combs. So, it can be shampooed andstyled like normal. I'm noy sure of the upkeep or cost. However, I've seen some posts in the past...if I find them I'll report back. Also, there is a women in my area who's done them for years. I give her a call. She's very nice and can answer any more Q's!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic