Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need advice on removing brassiness!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Julie the Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie the Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 8:02am
I took 'em down. I was too embarrassed. That site is my business site and I was afraid that somebody might peek into the index and think, "Hmmm, what's THIS page?"
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 8:31am
Sorry Julie i didn't know you took them down.

Any luck finding a good Colorist??

It's so frustrating, hearing some of your stories...especially when it comes to Salon/Stylist disasters.

My Salon is very small...only 5 of us, and I'am the only one in the Salon who does Corrective Color work.....although 2 of the others are perfectly capable of it...they really don't have the patience.

I know it's frustrating for many of you too, having had bad experiences in salon situations. Right now there is no gaurenteed way to find the perfect Stylist, especially in the US. It takes time and effort. The best way right now is word of mouth. Ask everyone you know, with great hair... and when a Stylist's name comes up over and over, it's a good bet. This was the recomendation on another thread, by Hal, I believe.....
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Julie the Red Julie the Red wrote:

I took 'em down. I was too embarrassed. That site is my business site and I was afraid that somebody might peek into the index and think, "Hmmm, what's THIS page?"

I would love to see your pictures.. e amail them to me? I think my addy is on my profile.
Julie the Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie the Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 1:08pm
Hal, I e-mailed you the photos of my big ugly orange head. Did you burn out your retinas?

In the meantime, I called my stylist again (her kids must have wiped off my message) and she said she would like to do a few strand tests. She does not use Logix brand products, so she is going to call their hotline and ask a few questions. Her proposal at this time (which may change after she's talked to the Logix technicians) would be to do a foil highlighting using 2 different colors, one dark and one blonde. She does not use bleach because she's not crazy about its unpredictability. What do you guys think of her proposal?

In the meantime, she suggested that I try an ash blonde temperary rinse by Roux when I plan to go out and don't want to be seen with a carrot top.

Thoughts?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 10:48pm
Julie,

I believe its time to find another stylist/colorist.

I would follow Sophies advice and ask around for a reccomendation. Even if you see someone in the grocery store that has great hair, go up to them and ask them where they go to get thier hair done.

The mere fact that she stated that "bleach was unpredictable" tells me she does not have a complete understanding of hair color. Having a license does by no means guarentee the person knows color. I used to teach in salon classes for Redken, I was an educator/Regional performing artist. More than 50% of the license stylist in the USA think they know color and really do not. They have a false sence of security about it.

Trust me. Be bold and ask a stranger that has great hair where to go.

Good Luck
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Julie the Red Julie the Red wrote:

Hal, I e-mailed you the photos of my big ugly orange head. Did you burn out your retinas?

In the meantime, I called my stylist again (her kids must have wiped off my message) and she said she would like to do a few strand tests. She does not use Logix brand products, so she is going to call their hotline and ask a few questions. Her proposal at this time (which may change after she's talked to the Logix technicians) would be to do a foil highlighting using 2 different colors, one dark and one blonde. She does not use bleach because she's not crazy about its unpredictability. What do you guys think of her proposal?

In the meantime, she suggested that I try an ash blonde temperary rinse by Roux when I plan to go out and don't want to be seen with a carrot top.

Thoughts?

I got them... so sorry I haven't got back with you. My after work time has been crazy!!!!!!!! I willstart by tell you though it may not be what you had hoped for it is not any where near as bad a what you think. In fact I know people that have paid lots of money to gewt hair that color. My first thought was how nice blonde highlights would look mixed in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic