Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A cheaper highlight method?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lunette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lunette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A cheaper highlight method?
    Posted: October 19 2004 at 11:44am
Hello, I recently got my hair highlighted knowing too little about what I wanted and ended up with unimpressive results. I am scheduled for another appointment to add more highlights as there are so few now and I really want more. In fact, I would like almost my whole head to be of lighter color aside from a few strands to give it the appearance of texture. What I was wondering about is if anyone knows of a cheaper method to get more highlights - instead of getting the majority of strands colored, could the stylist instead cover a few spots with foil and sort of "paint" over the rest as if my whole head is being dyed one color? I imagine that this would be cheaper because it involves less work and time. Please let me know what you think! Thank you.
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 3:22pm
Absolutely. You can get fewer foils (with more strands in each one). Some of your natural colour can be left as low-lights. This can be done over your entire head to give you a dimensional blonde colour. I've had it done this way with two different shades of hi-lift blonde (rather than bleach) and I loved the look. If the stylist you go to tries to discourage you against this, find a colourist who will do it. You can get an over-all blonde look this way and you'll only have to get it re-done every 3 months or so because there won't be any obvious roots.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
harvestmoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvestmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 10:12am
Yes you can surely do that. I have had mine that way before. I'm naturally a dark blonde and I had my hair done with the foils real heavy to be a lighter blonde and it turned out great. But dependeing on how fast your hair grows I did have to have mine touched up every 6-8 weeks. Having your own natural color blended in helps disguise your roots though.

Sherry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic