Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best red hair color for fair skin/blue eyes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nckitty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nckitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best red hair color for fair skin/blue eyes?
    Posted: February 07 2005 at 2:58pm
I wanted to say thank you (whoever you are) that responded the last time I posted. I am now deciding that I'm going to go red! I'm getting this done Tuesday morning.

I have pretty fair skin...I look best with silver/white gold jewelry, and look better in white than beige. I think I have more of a pinkish undertone than olive, but it's not much, I'm just fair skinned....I also tan, but burn a little in the sun. Oh and I have blue eyes. Which red color would look best? I'm thinking the red Lindsay Lohan has since she is also fair and blue eyed would be best. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)
elliejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 6:00pm
You have similar coloring to me, methinks. And though I've never done red before, I've noticed on some other people:

You have a cool complexion, and cool eyes. If you must go quite warm in your hair, then so be it-- but it's almost guaranteed you will look good in cooler-colored hair. Just because you want red doesn't mean it can't be cool, though! I'd suggest to stay away from anything at all orangey. Orange-reds would be a bit harder to pull off with pinkish skin and blue eyes. I suggest a red red, auburn red, or anything slightly darker.

But this is just a suggestion, and it's been proven many times that people can pull off the weirdest things. so if orange red is what you had in mind, go for it. You can always tone it down afterwards if need be.
hey girl, d'you color your hair?
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 9:59pm
Elliejay is right. With a cool skin tone, you're better off with a cool red. Remember that the color you're starting with affects your final result, too. If you buy your color from the beauty supply store, you'll get a better idea of the base tone (because the bottle will say so). Look for a red with a red-violet base for a cooler color, and stay away from orange-based reds (unless you want that).
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 4:51am
If your skin is very pink, auburns would probably be best, as burgundy or red-red would probably make your face look pinker. But if the pinkiness of your face isn't too intense, or doesn't bother you, anything outside the orangey range should work.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic