Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shrinkies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:55pm
LOL... thanks for all the concern but it wouldnt be the first time Ive shaved my head.

My hair right now is the longest its ever been. A few years ago I shaved my head and started wearing wigs. Ive been gradually letting it grow out but of course its not growing fast enough..lol...its long enough that wearing a wig is getting uncomfortable, hence the experiments with extensions.

BTW the shrink tubing I got from a local electric supply company and it cost me $1.45 for 4 feet, yes thats what I said...$1.45 for ALL 4 feet!!! I about pee'd my pants so of course Im going to get this to work if it kills me. The office lady is going to see if she can get it for me in clear, then I really will be in heaven.

Ill be careful and Ill keep you updated.

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:20pm
If you get it in clear and it works, I'LL buy it from you! heehee
OCGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 5:30pm
Very cool! Please keep us updated on how it goes and if you can, take photos and post it for us.

I just ordered shrinkies, the heat clamp, and some liquid gold. Do you think I should get the microneedle on doc locs or is the template and string that CaliforniaKristin uses easier and less time consuming? I am hoping that I wouldn't have to buy the microneedle but if it takes less time to do my own hair, maybe I should just get it? Do you think a beauty supply store would carry this?

I can't wait to get my stuff in, I am sooooo excited!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 5:59pm
I don't know if you'd find a the tool at a beauty supply store, but could you use a crochet hook from a knitting shop or crafts store? (Somebody chime in 'cause I may be completely wrong about this.)

Alternately, you could probably make your own wire tool with some thin-gauge wire (as long as it's stiff enough).

Good luck!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 6:02pm
the wire thing seems easier to me than the crochet hook, i never could get that thing down.

(the reason i am not a diy'er)
i love plastikhaar
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 11:27am
Wire or a good thick fishing line. I couldnt locate my latch hook the other day so I used a piece of fishing line and it worked fine.

Em
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic