Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shrinkies with bohyme hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 2:04pm
I know I'm chuffed to bits he he xx
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 1:18pm

Welcome Michelle!!

Amanda, how cool is that to have your client/friend come to the boards!!  Nothing like a 'live' testimonial chick! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 12:18pm

Hi there Michelle, yes I can say, yours is one of the best I've done, I love those colours in your hair, you're in my portfolio at home and everybody comments on your hair.  That's a good point about the brushing damp hair after using conditioner.  Another of my clients, her shrinkies only seem to escape when she's brushing her wet hair, that's a really good idea about cool drying the roots first, I shall have to put that in my aftercare instructions.  Hey you are the ultimate goddess chick xxxxx

michelitapolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelitapolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 10:52am
Hi Amanda, how cool to see my own hair on the board!! To be honest I've had a few escapees but only about 15 over nearly 8 weeks and all while brushing damp hair after using conditioner. Now I don't know if thats what causes the fallout, but I've recently started to dry the roots first with cold air and that seems to have worked for the last week or so, I wonder if a combination of wet shrunken hair, too silky from conditioner and heat from the hairdryer coming into contact with the shrinkies has been my problem??!! I say problem but losing a small amount like that over 8 weeks when the shrinkie system is causing my hair zero damage.. well it's a small price to pay to look like a goddess!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:59am
I charge £20.00 an hour chick which is about $36.00 xxxx
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 7:19am

Hi Amanda,

What do you charge for the take down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 5:48am

Hi there Jenny, I sectioned the hair into each row that I had put in starting from the bottom of course.  Then I removed all the shrinkies from that row and then saturated that row with the veggie oil, then I rubbed each strand for a little bit and then worked out the residue with a comb.  I thought that if I put the oil on first then it would cause the heat clamp to slip off the shrinkie when I was trying to remove it and I didn't want to slip and burn the client's head xxxx

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 6:32pm
Amanda and AMM: When you remove the shrinkies, do you leave the oil on the hair for a while to penetrate first, and then go through, removing the shrinkies from the individual strands? I'm just wondering which approach works best. :)
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 2:33pm
Perhaps AMM could chime in here x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 2:25pm
Well to be honest I thought you could get conditioner near the roots because it was plastic tubing and it wouldn't affect it but maybe that's the mistake I've been making. I might just to be sure tell my clients to not get conditioner near the roots, thanks a lot for the advice, anything is worth a try x
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 1:16pm
Amanda, that just reminded me of something I thought of this weekend regarding the shrinkies falling out so fast...

You know if you get conditioner on fusion bonds, they get weak right away and can slide right out (I know; I've done it alot), and I bet maybe that's the culprit with shrinkies as well! It must have been in my case, because I could slide (or tug) shrinkies out for two days following a good hair washing. I was never really careful to keep conditioner away from the shrinkies. You may want to suggest that to your clients, or suggest they use an oil-free conditioner on their scalp area, their usual conditioner on the extension hair.

Just a suggestion which I should follow myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 1:04pm
Thanks a lot Amm, I couldn't believe how easy the residue came out, it made me reconsider offering a third option of the fusion to my clients as it reminded me of the painstaking process of getting the fusion glue out of the client's hair without damaging it. Shrinkies rule!!! Can't wait to get them little things in my hair, it should be here this week xx
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 12:51pm
Amanda, the success is all yours, girl. Whole head shrinkie removals ARE time consuming. You never fully realize it until the entire head comes out. I'll gladly take 3 hour removals over hair loss and breakage.

My bathroom counter looks like a salad bar when it comes time to take them out but my hair is getting longer and longer because of it.

Congrats! Your installs are always so awesome.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 10:45am
Cheers Bridget but I don't like to take all the credit, thanks to Amm xx
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 10:42am
Yeay for shrinkies and Amanda!! Amanda, you must be thrilled! Good for you girl!
It is what it is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 10:02am
Here's another shrinkie/bohyme update. I took the shrinkies out of my first shrinkie client last night. She had washed her hair just before she came so that she could have it back in. It took me 3 hours to take them all out and work out the residue with vegetable oil. I didn't need to use one bit of acetone at all so as far as I'm concerned it was a total success. Her hair had grown about an inch and a half in ten weeks. I then washed her hair once in fairy liquid and then washed again in normal shampoo and then put her some leave in conditioner and she went home with it wet. She is having her hair back in next week, she is giving her hair a break and having her roots done. She was very very pleased that no acetone was used and there was no damage to her hair whatsoever. She has text me this morning to say that she has done her hair today and her own hair is great, it doesn't feel any thinner than before xxxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 1:09pm
I'm in Nottinghamshire in the UK xx

I tip all my hair with latex and nail glue xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 1:09pm
I'm in Nottinghamshire in the UK xx

I tip all my hair with latex and nail glue xx
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 12:15pm
Amanda, did you buy hair allready tipped or did you tip it your self If so what did you tip with .It looks great buy the way
kirsty1888maclennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 11:43am
where in uk do u stay amanda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic