Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

finshed plastikhaar result

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 11:50pm
OHMYGOD KALIKA! I bet women want to KILL you when they see you on the street! They must think "Oh that lucky b@#%* to have such gorgeous hair." It looks absolutely beautiful. Way to go! And don't worry - nobody's looking at your pajamas.
This synth thing is rocking my world.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 12:27am
What a great layering idea...I gotta jot that one down, thanks Kalika
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 12:33am
Girl, that is off the hook!

I can see the violet layer on the bottom.

You are sex on a stick. Amazing job!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 12:45am
Now here's an idea...

Using your photo as a reference...

Since we're not dealing with cuticles here, let's say you don't cut it into different lengths and you take a strand and fold it with one side trailing down about 25" and the other side about 10" or 15" and then stick the looped top through the shrinkie and then seal it? The strand will basically remain the 40" some odd inches and you can have double the hair in one shrinkie? (Wouldn't work with microrings because the strand would be too thick.)

Anyone know what I mean? Wouldn't this technique result in almost zero shedding and eliminate making tips altogether, too?

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 2:04am
do you mean kind of like the double ended dread method?

I would think it would be hard for the hair to lay right if its loose. maybe someone can do a couple test shrinkies?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 5:35am
Kalika,

"Sex on a stick" is right--Pam Anderson's got nothing on you, girl! Your boyfriend is a star!

If you were doing pinchbraids, rather than shrinkies, would you double the hair over?

Man, I'm planning to do the Plastikhaar/Dome switch in a few weeks, but this photo makes me want to ditch this human hair today....

One more question (cause I always use bone-straight hair): Do you need to be conscious of the direction those waves are facing when you put them in, or is it just random? Your waves look really natural--like they're obviously not all facing the same direction--but I was just wondering if there was any pattern to it. Also, how high up on your head do they go?

:)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

"Oh Jonathan, your so wonderful! It's like we're sisters!"

"...shut up"

Bahahahaha! That's hilarious.

And...shoot, who asked about pinchbraids? Someone in this thread. Anyway, yeah, with pinchbraids you double the hair over and braid with a loop at the top.

And yes, putting only one side of a strand of hair through the shrinkie would cause it to stick up a little at the top. You can braid in loose hair like this (like a double-ended dread), and that's what it does unless you rubber-band the loose side down at the top.

-Rae
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 9:26am
Oh, and Kalika: your hair looks AWESOME. Love the layering job, and the shades, and the wave, and everything! I can even see a little bit of the violet at the bottom. It looks long enough to sit on!

-Rae
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 9:35am
That does look fantastic-sooo barbie!!. How long is your natural hair amongst those extensions?
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
purrmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 10:34am
Stunning! What is your real hair like?
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 12:52pm
Actually, what I though Amm meant was not quite like doing DEs. Both free ends would come out of the bottom of the shrinkie, but instead of a tip, you'd have a fold. It might be even easier to stick some glue on the fold point to keep everything nice and neat.

And Kalika, that is gorgeous! How long is your real hair? I can't see it at all.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 1:11pm
leia,

Bingo! And no hair sticking through the top of the shrinkie. Hair through shrinkie tops is bad, mmmmkay.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 2:28pm
ahh ok, I was confused :)

it sounds like a good idea, but in my expireance its hard to keep the hair from getting to messy when dealing with bulk. thats why I rubberband it and cut it off that.

the hair goes all the way to the top, save for about 1/2 an inch around the hairlines, and my hair at its shortest is 1 1/2 inches, and the longest is about 3 inches (bleaching disaster, haha)

my hair is also very fine, but thick, and strong on the roots, thats why Im able to wear such heavy hair.

the layering is totally random, thats why I cut all the strands before I put them in :)

here are some pics which show the part line better
plus it shows how the hair just naturally lays when I wear it down
(forgive me - they were for the boyfriend)

(I can NEVER get these damn pics right the 1st time...)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 3:01pm
OH. MY. GOD!!! OH. MY. GOD!!!

I'm jealous as hell.

Where's my credit card. I'm ordering the damn color ring from Plastikhaar.
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 3:02pm
I think your boyfriend is going to appreciate your photos
what is your care plan for your hair by the way?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 3:13pm
lmao @ amm - told ya the hair was fantabulas. I ordered the 50mm wave btw

Hair care plan - same as any synth really. I wash my hair once a week just to get rid of scalp oils and gunk, fabreeze my hair in between washes to keep it smelling nice, and brush it twice a day, morning and night. I also sleep in a big loose braid to keep it from getting tangly.

(edit) ahh, forgot to mention, the flash makes it look shinier then it is, the shine is closer the the 1st photograph.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 3:16pm
LOL Amm!!! I know what you mean! I actually DID order the color ring last week and I can hardly hardly wait!
Jeez, Kalika - you are a bombshell!
And yeah...what are you doing about haircare? (It's hard to think practically when faced with such outrageously sexy & gorgeous blond hair - now I know why men get so discombobulated)
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 3:35pm
So not only do u have fantastic hair u r also stuning...not fair! x
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Samantha~Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha~Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 4:27pm
omg, ur hair looks the nutz!
I want it!

Let us know how well the hair kept after washing etc...

has anyone ordered this hair from the UK before, i just wanna make sure the site is ok to order from...

x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 5:25pm
Damn, girl! Your hair is the bomb, and you're drop-dead gorgeous. I'm blown away...and I can't believe your boyfriend installed them. Amazing.

What's so funny is that the way your hair looks now is the look I've been trying to achieve for almost two years with human hair (and never even came close). Everything I read said that synth was terrible, so I never even considered it until a few months ago.

Your photos give me hope! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic