Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

finshed plastikhaar result

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 11:09am
Hey Kalika,
Do your shrinkies glow under a black light? I've got a few girls who would like to watch out for any glowing
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 11:34am
JennyRR you are right on. White girls can't tell, black girls can tell a mile away, and men are in complete denial. Even my bf, who knows better, saw me with this new hair in just last week and didn't say anything. When I asked if anything was different (many hours later), he said yes, your hair is long. But that's how he remembers me over 5 yrs is with long hair, so the fact I went from ear length to brastrap length in one day didn't even occur to him as weird. I just looked normal to him.
Men. Good thing they're so easily satisfied.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 12:29pm
Syren, you crack me up. My boyfriend is the same way....he's even seen my collection of falls I keep on a rack behind my bedroom door. (Any man who can witness the wall of hair and not freak out is a keeper!) Still, if I put on different hair, he never suspects. (Though he does think it's weird if I take them out in front of him.)

I used to wear this great spiral curl banana clip fall to dance class sometimes...only my dance teacher knew it was fake, and I'm sure she's seen many a hairpiece in her time.
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 12:30pm
yeah, kalika, i feel ya sister. My nails, boobs, tan, and sometimes hair color have always been fake. Have no problem with them being visible if it doesn't look bad, and the shrinkies don't at all. I was leaning towards the pinchbraids, and letting them show for a funky look, but I am excited about letting my hubby do these for more than half the price. You go girl. seriously THANKS for the pics. Yall DIYers need to show more pics!!

Jenny, funnny you say that about the black girls spotting it a mile away. Was at dinner with some frineds the other night, and I complimented one of our black girlfirends on her piece and she looked at me like I called her something rude, then says Damn, you can tell?? white girls aint supposed to know!.. lol

Ok one more thing, before I order this stuff...my hair is short too, around 4 inches at top. does it not stick out at all? Does the strand of extension lay on top and keep it blended into the hair?? I noticed it does perfectly in the pic you took, but is it something you have to always be concious of, or what?

srr View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 12:53pm
Kalika.....your extensions are beautiful. Really nice job! Where can I order plastikharr from?
I love the way you layered it....great idea!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 5:26pm
Shaman, 4 inches on the top should be enough to conceal the extensions below. Especially if you hair is thin, you'll want to keep at least an inch (and probably an inch and a half) away from your part line. That loose hair will camoflague the extensions below, and so on all the way down. You may need to use some styling products to keep that hair on the top laying flat, but it's really no big deal. :)
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:11pm
oh i dont know jenny i am afraid to get the mullet going, and with the slight wave, it puffs up so wont lay flat on the hair. i think kalikas really looks great going to the part so i am going to do that. just wasnt clear on how it still stayed hidden under the extensions.

sorry for all the questions, i just REALLY want to be clear before I get everything. We have so many things going on that are costing us but i want hair dammit! besides, let's face it, looking good really is more important than a new roof.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:16pm
I hear you. Having any texture to your natural hair will help to hide the shrinkies. I tend to think in terms of my own hair--which is superstraight and thin--but when you're doing it, you'll instincively be able to tell what looks best up top. Keep me posted! :)
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:25pm
oh i will definitely post before and after pictures.

I think this board needs some "don't do this" examples lol
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:26pm
Aww...I'm sure it'll look great! :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 9:38pm
CaliforniaKristin...you know,I never thought about the shrinkies glowing under blacklight.....LOL or even some of the very light blonde shades of synthetic hair!!! Some of the more alternative hair style wearers would probably love it though! Thats a good question thats yet to be answered!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 5:56am
lmao - no the shrinkies dont glow under a blacklight.

In all honesty Im kinda bummed - I thought the purple I ordered was UV reactive, I WANTED it to glow under a blacklight, but alas, none of my hair glows :(
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:34am
LOL thanks Kalika !
jenn c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenn c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:43pm
IS THIS PLASTIKKHAIR SYNTHETIC OR HUMAN AND CAN IUT BE BLOWDRIED CURLED FLATIRONED??
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:48pm
It's synthetic and can be blow-dried on low heat, curled with hot rollers and other water techniques, but you can't flatiron it or use a curling iron. For more info on synth care, just look at the previous threads on PlastikHaar, Dome, or ProStyles. Or go to the 101 Thread at the top of the page, and go to the aftercare section; it'll tell you everything you need to know about caring for synth.

Good luck! :)
Charzbella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charzbella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 2:43am
WICKED!!!!!!!!!! your hair is so the bomb! aiight im yet another spunky hair junky with questions hehe. First of all omg! the layering idea so never would have thought of that and it looks so good! Your hair looks so fab I read every reply in this thread! I was wondering though... Is there any synthetics of high quality that have more of a matt look to it? i love the shine of high quality synth but sometimes its so shiney it can look fake (to a trained eye) as mentioned earlier on in here. I don't care if people think it looks fake, but I have this complex about plastic hair in mine am I just being a egg? I despize the prices of human hair and its so finicky! any suggestions? I SO LOVE YOUR HAIR! and yeah totally like the other poster said PAMELA ANDERSON EAT YOUR HEART OUT! lol

Charzbella :) x
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:20am
the flash makes it look shinier then it really is, and back when my hair was healthy (lol before I tortured it with bleach) it would shine just as much, if not more, then a lot of the synthetics.

Someone mentioned on here to use a shine spray on your natural hair to blend it in with the synthetic more, and that to me seems to be a great idea. My hairs so short though, I really dont care, lol
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:26am
The PH really isnt that shiney. Its no shinier than naturally healthy human hair. I was delightfully surprised to get the PH and discover how natural it looked!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:27am
see? told ya so

(lol forgive me, Im REALLY tired)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 5:13pm
Hi Kalika,

WOW. Your extensions rock. Your BF is a keeper. Your plastikharr is incredible. Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the after photos. It is wonderful to really see what is possible with actual "after" shots.

Thank you for sharing.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic